PDA

View Full Version : New caribbean airline

ea500driver
8th Apr 2011, 19:46
Has anyone heard anything about that new airline starting up out of one of the Islands. Not talking about Air Jam, or BWIA.:ugh: Did they ever get started. are they looking for people...

desertopsguy
8th Apr 2011, 22:04
www.flyredjet.com (http://www.flyredjet.com)

They have a facbook page too.

I believe that is what you are talking about.

Company based in TBPB, operating MD-82's.

:ok:

intortola
11th Apr 2011, 19:24
Following on BVInews today:

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Monday April 11, 2011 – All systems are a go for the newest low cost air carrier in the English-speaking Caribbean to start flying from early next month.
An announcement made by Redjet chief executive officer Ian Burns on Monday morning, revealed that its fares will go on sale from Wednesday, April 13, and the first flights will launch on May 8.
Destinations in this initial stage will be between its home-base Barbados and Guyana, Jamaica and Trinidad.
In a message to Redjet website subscribers, Burns stated: “We know that so many you have all been eagerly awaiting our launch and the feedback has been massive. We promised not to disappoint and not only are we launching with fares from US$9.99 one-way excluding Government Taxes and Charges, but we are also launching 250,000 seats for US$49.99 or under.”
READ FULL STORY HERE (http://www.caribbean360.com/index.php/news/barbados_news/332724.html?utm_source=Caribbean360+Newsletters&utm_campaign=6c93a4ec73-Vol_6_Issue_042_News4_11_2011&utm_medium=email#axzz1JEgM44Tg)
Copyright 2011 BVI News, Alliance News Ltd.

aeroground
13th Apr 2011, 00:54
this will not help there planned expansion into US, any how good luck for May start

US FAA assigned Barbados a Category 2 safety rating, which means that Barbados does not comply with international safety standards set by ICAO, based on an assessment by Barbados’ civil aviation authority. As a result, Barbados’ air carriers, which do not currently serve the US, cannot establish US service.

An International Aviation Safety Assessment Category 2 rating means a country either lacks laws or regulations necessary to oversee air carriers in accordance with minimum international standards, or that its civil aviation authority is deficient in one or more areas, such as technical expertise, trained personnel, record keeping or inspection procedures, FAA stated

NG_Kaptain
13th Apr 2011, 12:47
What are their terms and conditions and are they recruiting?
Thanks NG

Vagrant
14th Apr 2011, 12:16
NG. PM me, one of our mutual friends here in the desert is leaving to fly for them, so he has all the details (significantly less than you earn at EY)

V

A-Fly-Girl
14th Apr 2011, 16:03
Vagrant
Is there any way you can post the details here?
Thanks.

sea
14th Apr 2011, 21:18
why don't you apply to Caribbean airlines they have positions for direct entry left seat with no time on type.newer planes with established route network.
good luck .

Vagrant
15th Apr 2011, 04:12
Fly girl, suggest you write them. Believe they're only taking caribbean nationals.

V

A-Fly-Girl
15th Apr 2011, 12:34
Not a caribbean national. Even though lived in that area....not getting any calls.

flufdriver
19th Apr 2011, 17:18
sea;
it would really surprise me if your statement re Caribbean Airlines: (DEC, no time in type required) was correct! that is unheard of!

fluf

NG_Kaptain
22nd Apr 2011, 16:28
As Fluffy said, no direct entry for non type rated pilots. There are over 50 rated and current ex BWIA and Air Jamaica pilots who are flying overseas as contract pilots who would come home if the opportunities arose, plus there are the copilots currently on property who are qualified to upgrade.

stealth114
25th Apr 2011, 01:25
On a lesser note, is anyone familiar with crop duster operators in T'dad and the Lesser Antilles ? Cheers. I know there was a sparse operation in Caroni and hopefully if agriculture and those mega farms come about, crop dusting may emerge once more.

woodi
1st May 2011, 16:23
Stealth, i know heaps of dusting up in martinique (fixed and rotary), SVG has a Ag tractor for the windward coast still i think, but i think thats private rather than a company.
Any news on whether they will be hiring foreigners with caribbean license's yet? i know carib airlines only hire local guys (fair play) and Liat also??