PDA

View Full Version : Eagle jet line training

sushantmmehta
7th Apr 2011, 18:42
Hello,

I came across Eagle jet's line training program for either Beech 1900 or 99.
They are giving 500 hours on aircraft training for about 27000 USD.
Just wanted to ask you guys about your opinions on the programs or if you know anyone personally who has done the same and benefited.

Thanks and regards:D:ok:
SM

RWEDAREYET
8th Apr 2011, 01:55
I hope your joking......:ugh:

KAG
8th Apr 2011, 03:45
That's not line training, that's P2W (pay to work), even worse than slavery, Caesar would sure love to live in our century, at his time in Rome you had to protect and and feed your slaves...

Fingersmac
8th Apr 2011, 23:26
Yes, "line training" is such a misnomer!!

You're buying experience that would otherwise be paid. There's no training involved other than what is required to get you flying the line (type rating, line indoc and line check). The bulk of your 500 hours are spent working not training!

Rubis
9th Apr 2011, 01:21
Actual line training by Air Carriers is proceeded by a ground school and simulator / fixed based training that meets a specific countries requirements. I.E. USA / FAA an approved part 142 school or training facility and program approved by FAA for part 135/121/125 carrier.

Stephan is "whoring" the line training concept for monetary gain and you are the one getting hosed, plus paying for it. IF...you make it through the 500 hour program, you are surely going to retain some basic knowledge of what goes on during actual line operations. However, did you get the training you would have normally got if you were hired by an air carrier as a flight officer?

The airline has no reason or commitment to do so. The have a sucker that was stupid enough to pay to ride in the right seat. Granted, there are a few line training officers and capt's that will attempt to help you out, but there are probably a lot more that are asking thereseves...why do I have let this greasy- haired, smartass- punk put my license in jeopardy. Think about it, as a line capt, I come to work to do my job and go home. I'm not paid to instruct, I'm not paid to get extra training so I can protect myself from whatever this ******** pulls. I'm just paid to fly the airplane. :ugh:

So Stephan has made a deal with airline management to help cut their cost by a pilot that pays to fly...that's good for them. But it's not good for me. I have to work harder and don't get paid anymore for doing it. Basically, I'm getting hosed by the program you paid for and you want me to help you out at my own expense. Ain't going happen bucko.:=

ra4000
9th Apr 2011, 02:45
Hi Sasha...
You don't need to pay for that training.
The beech 1900 and 99 are from Ameriflight.
Look at their website and apply for a pilot position
You will start in piper lance and after 6 months
Move up the pa-31 and after a year or so in the 1900 or 99 or
Metroliner.
You would build a great IFR skill and hand fly.
I have a friend that got a job with the emirates and because
He worked at Ameriflight and that help to get the job.
Good luck.

pilotbaba
10th Apr 2011, 01:08
What is not mentioned is that Ameriflight needs min 1200 TT, where will that come from......

Once U reach 1200 with 100 or 200 multi, then U don't need these eaglejet kind of companies but the million dollar question is how to get to the 1200 TT

I know & I have heard people say, instructing, banner towing, traffic watch, pipeline watch, these are some options, pls suggest one single company willing to hire a 300 hrs pilot for any one of these.........

The stagnation and no movement of any kind in GA is the reason for these schemes........ Companies like Eagle & Gufstream Training academy etc, know this & they are using it to exploit............

It is also a very dangerous trend which is emerging in Flying, the end of paid FO.
Or may be it is normal in the recession, once times change, airlines will have a tuff time finding even the low timers or movement occurs, then companies like eagle will wait for the next down turn

Airforce 1
23rd Nov 2011, 14:06
Hi,

I heard about the line training eagle jet arranging with Lion air, Indonesia.Have anyone personally done it?? if so how did it go?? Did you manage to finish in time, which they told you.
Expecting a honest feedback from person who done training from eagle jet or if you have any friends who have done with them.

Thank you

gentleman
24th Nov 2011, 04:14
1200h is for part 135
1500f for part 121.

If you had these hours you don't need to pay to fly. Just apply as captain on turboprop or go fly a jet.
My God, people became so unprofessional, the think they can land a career by throwing money through window.

Please grow up, respect yourself and get a proper job butI bet most of p2f pilot have never worked in their life and their parents pay for everything.

let me clear something, wouyld you?

: it s illegal to pay to work , this is a law set by the FAA after many complaints.(around year 2000). The only places where you can get a P2F "job" is where a copilot is not required, like caravan monopilot, king air monopilot, or metroliner monopilot.Most of these companies are freight hauler in part 135, mainly night.

you sit on the right, you log as a copilot and your load the plane in winter at 0200 am when it s minus 10 degree.
Your hours in fact are not legal.They are illegal.There is no copilot or SIC time on a monopilot aircraft.
So when you go look for a job, and during the interview, you can be sure the interviewer will tell you they can simply not include you in the list of pilot required by their insurance company, because in a case of an accident with full investigation, the pilot and the company may be in big trouble if the FAA know that you logged hours illegaly at eaglejet.To go around the FAA rule, these suckers at EJ found a way to sell your P2F: marocco, but after a few years, the governement said to EJ they can pack and leave.Then they found Air Asia for a few months, and finaly Lion Air(company black listed by Europe/USA by the way).

This is the reason why so many pilots go get their instructor license first, they can log time legally, and even be paid, unlike these p. of s. at EJ (Evil Jackass)who are still unemployed.

now, I know, some of you will reply it' s bullock because they know a friend, bla bla...well guess what? I have many friends who are paid to fly, and they got jobs(included me), and they didn't sell their soul to EJ(included me). And I know a few guys, who signed with EJ and other crap companies, and they are still unemployed after their 300-500 hours of pay to fly, or the P2F company was just a boggus company and they disaper to mexico or brazil with your mama dollars..
what about that?:)

captjns
24th Nov 2011, 12:36
Come on ladies and gentlemen… at the end of the day, is it worth the additional financial backing from the family, one’s pride and dignity, and respect from one’s peers for instant gratification?

And so many complain as to why hamburger flippers at fast food restaurants earn more money. And the sobbing by many a crewmember as to why terms and conditions for pilots are continually on the decline.

Remember, a prostitute gets paid for services rendered. Folks who fall into the likes of Eagle are nothing more than johns. Some get rufied at the bar before going up to the room… only get teased without the fulfillment before falling off into a deep sleep without completing the deed. Then they wake up from their drug induced sleep to find out they’ve been robbed of all their money without recourse available to them.

DownIn3Green
2nd Dec 2011, 00:17
I agree with almost everything posted here with the exception of Rubis' belief that as Captain, it's not "his" job to nurture and guide his F/O, regardless of how said F/O got there...Shame on you "Captain"...

captjns
3rd Dec 2011, 00:24
Many future children of the magenta line are sucking the lives out of their families finances… and what for… instant gratification. How self serving can one be?

No mature self-respecting human being on this planet would subscribe to any of these programs.

I have no objection to a family investing in a child’s dream. Parents should instill the values in their children so they can help their children provide a better life, live up to their potential, and appreciate the goals achieved in life.

I do find objection to anyone who pay these so-called reputable training centers, money so they can sit in the right seat of a shiny jet and log time. Log time for what… sitting there watching the scenery pass by. Maybe get a landing or two during their 250 hours of occupying the right seat. How can one justify calling it logable flight time? Why... because $25,000 plus the cost of a type rating was paid? How can “Pay to Play pilot”, with a bit of conscience, sit at the same table with first officer who paid their dues and earned their position?

Ladies and Gentlemen… these miscreants are aiding and abetting in the decline in respect, and of terms of our profession. By aiding and abetting in the decline of our profession they are also feeding airlines additional fodder for the justification of the new generation pilot, the “Pay to Play Pilot”. Shame on these miscreants… shame on the parents who are willing to support their children beyond their CPLs… shame on the flight schools who hawking these disillusioned people and shame on the airlines that endorse and support such programs.