PDA

View Full Version : iPod track skipping problem

5milesbaby
7th Apr 2011, 17:18
Hi all

I have a problem with the iPod Classic 80g (6th Gen). Some tracks during playback only play for a few seconds (sometimes as much as 20) and then goes straight onto the next one. The iPod shows on the timeline that it has the full track stored and the "skip" happens at the same spot on the faulty tracks, if I manage to manually move it past that track time myself before it skips on, then the rest of the track plays normally. I also own a 4th Gen classic that plays the problem tracks fine but my wife's 80g Classic has the exact same problem with the same tracks and the skip is at the same place in the track. All the iPods are synched to the same iTunes. For those tracks that I still have the CD for, I have fully removed the tracks from iTunes and my hard drive and then reloaded the album, but always the same skips on some tracks in the same places. Downloading the same album though cures the skips but I just seem to then get a skip on other albums/tracks instead. All my music is stored in MP3 format, either 160 or 192 kbps mainly, and my iTunes is up to date (as is the iPod). I've tried reformatting the iPods too and all tracks play fully when using iTunes directly on the computer.

At a bit of a loss now! Anyone else experienced this and even better, know what is causing it and how it can be fixed??

5mb :ok: