PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 - Vista OS

homesick rae
7th Apr 2011, 14:46
Hi There,

I have installed the above game and when I click on "new" for new game the game window just clicks off!? Any ideas? I have downloaded the latest patch - very frustrating.

Cheers

HR

homesick rae
8th Apr 2011, 13:07
SoCal App,

Yes - and have tried all sorts - seems there are many people in the same boat. Still searching!

Cheers

HR

Booglebox
10th Apr 2011, 11:26
I had problems running Fallout 3 on 7 x64 to the extent that I gave up. I tried New Vegas instead but that was so boring that I gave up as well :}

I'm happy nerfing people with a sniper rifle in TF2 :ok:

Have you tried making it run as administrator / XP compatibility mode / updating your graphics drivers / closing other running software?

Mr Optimistic
10th Apr 2011, 15:57
Punkbuster used on that game ? Always gives me trouble. Try simplifying your demands on audio and video eg EAX off. DXdiag shows directx OK ?

Tried this ?

Fixing Fallout 3 crashing, freezing and installation errors | Gaming News Link (http://www.gamingnewslink.com/2008/10/29/fixing-fallout-3-crashing-freezing-and-installation-errors/)

Also someone suggested installing in root directory, not c:/programs.

Judging by the forums, it just crashes anyway !

Do you have Alcohol120 or anything like that for automatically mounting images ?

MG23
10th Apr 2011, 23:02
Fallout 3 had a lot of problems but I run the Steam version on Windows 7 x64 and Linux and it generally only crashes every two or three hours.

One specific fix I applied was required to run reliably on a quad-core CPU; there's a configuration file where you need to change a couple of lines to avoid random crashes soon after starting or loading a game. If you're running on a quad-core then the Steam forum has the details if you can't find it anywhere else.

Mike-Bracknell
11th Apr 2011, 10:07
Turn off UAC?

homesick rae
12th Apr 2011, 07:58
Thanks for the replies everyone - have tried the suggestions and think I will revert to good old Medal of Honour or Call of Duty...

Cheers

HR