An Expert Committee has been set up in the Ministry of Civil Aviation
on 29th March 2011 to examine the current system of examination of pilots,
engineers etc., and to make recommendations on how to make the
examination system secure, credible, efficient and in line with modern and
best practices. The Committee will also examine introduction of electronic
technology in conduct of examinations and licensing procedure and
processes and make recommendations for their improvement. Introduction
of effective system of cross-verification of documents for issue of licences
by DGCA filed by candidates will also be examined by the Committee.

2. Suggestions/ views from the General Public/ Stake holders on the
above issues may be sent to Shri Rohit Nandan, Joint Secretary, Ministry
of Civil Aviation, Room No. 268, ‘B’ Wing, Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan,
Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi 110 003 by 29th April 2011.
Suggestion can also be sent by e-mail to ([email protected]) or faxed at 011-24654055

http://www.dgca.nic.in/dgca/Press%20Release.pdf

Allright people send in your comments

I hope this turns out in the best interest for civil aviation in India :ok:

yuhoo88
7th Apr 2011, 09:13
am glad!!!!!AT LAST:ok::ok::ok:...:D

fatbus
7th Apr 2011, 10:26
Had to laugh at the first line " expert committee ", more of the same or should we say "same same but different"

alouette3
7th Apr 2011, 13:58
To quote from a very British but very relevant comedy series "Yes, Prime Minister", if you want an issue to go away ---send it to committee.
First, I don't see the reason to 'examine' how to do it right.There are examples in the world on how things are done right. And, the nation that claims the (dubious) privilege of sending the world its computer programmers, still needs to examine if exams can be done electronically? Give me a :mad: break!
Second, who are the experts? Are they minions (read IAS Officers) of the Ministry of Civil Aviation or are they independent folks from private sector, consultants from the west, retired Military officers etc?If they are none of the above, this will be one more exercise in futility.A mere exercise to get the press off the backs of the DGCA
Oh well! Indians will continue to be slaves even after 65 yeas of "independence":{
Alt3.

weido_salt
7th Apr 2011, 15:30
Well aviation has been around in India for 100 years. Yet they are still using the air regulations 1937. No, dinkum I kid you not. I would have thought it was time for an update just there, or is it just me? Even if they made it 1973 it would still be a half a lifetime out of date. :ugh:

FlyingManutd
7th Apr 2011, 16:21
An Expert Committee has been set up in the Ministry of Civil Aviation
on 29th March 2011 to examine the current system of examination of pilots,
engineers etc., and to make recommendations on how to make the
examination system secure, credible, efficient and in line with modern and
best practices. The Committee will also examine introduction of electronic
technology in conduct of examinations and licensing procedure and
processes and make recommendations for their improvement. Introduction
of effective system of cross-verification of documents for issue of licences
by DGCA filed by candidates will also be examined by the Committee.

Expert committee comprising of Higher ranked officials of DGCA or a bag mix of Ex IAF supremo's?Committee will do so many things and thats first time a committee will do things of this level....ohh wait...is it just same like all other committee's made by Govt. of India ..??....
Or now DGCA or its sole representatives( Directors , JDG's ,ADG's) will directly pin point their stamps on the " EXPERT COMMITTEE " and pocket the loot?

They want suggestions too...great next they will want written affidavits stating " Pilots will be SOLE responsible for any discrepancies in their documents and less under table prasad "

Simplest way of dusting something in India is by setting up COMMITTEE.

Rob Sponge
12th Apr 2011, 15:58
Folks,

Does anybody know about this mysterious rule of 'graduation' being the minimum criteria for an Indian CPL to be issued? It has been doing the rounds lately. Is that true?

R.S.V.P

manny.sekh
13th Apr 2011, 05:32
If DGCA really wants to help it needs to:
-have a Pro Pilot Approach...........Have a Pilot as DGCA
-Cut out red tape........... Exam results should be instantaneous or Maximum within 2 working days.
-Applications for any type of work in DGCA Office should be disposed off within 4 working days..............................if not disposed off within the time frame the request applied for be deemed as granted/agreed to.
-Implement a paper -work reduction act...............define required certificates for a particular job, if staffer asks for frivolous paper work he shopuld be penalised.
- Induct young, presently un-employed Pilots to assisst dispose of pending matters.
-Define syllabus for each exam. Put up on website a comprehensive question bank with answers. Update it as frequently as required but keep the website always current.
-Let the exams be available on demand on the Computer , like in USA:ok:

shawnbhandal
20th Apr 2011, 08:39
yap yap yap... yapyapyap...

all they need to do is copy and paste "transport canada" CAR's....

rdr
20th Apr 2011, 14:20
i believe the Indian Gov has a problem on their hands as the fakes are running into several hundred.
both type, exam cheats, and false flying hours.
the real culprits..............the wonderful DGCA.

ventus2cxt
21st Apr 2011, 06:43
Medicals also have to be included. How many pilots are not being completely truthfull when it comes to advising the IAF doctors on what prescriptions they are actually taking. Through my experience with the medical exam, and from what the military docs say, it is apparent that no Indian airline pilot is on any medication whatsoever....gotta love it!