PDA

View Full Version : Contract agency rants and Kudos, Vietman, Korean, Asiana, Rishworth

USMCProbe
7th Apr 2011, 03:18
I started this thread to reopen discussion about the different contract agencies operating in Asia. Vietnam, Korean Air, and Asiana. I believe they have the most expats, and have for a long time. Choosing the right agency is extremely important. When you are 12K km from home, and your paycheck doesn't show up, and your agency is also 12k km from home, things can get pretty painful.

Good or bad. Let er rip. I have had both experiences.

I worked for Vietnam Airlines with Rishworth as the contract agent. It turned out to be a nightmare agency-wise, and I left a contract job I liked early as a result. I had many associates there, from Rishworth, Parc, and DPI. I don't know much about DPI as there were new there. I did watch Parc guys have issues with VAC, and the issue was usually fixed within 24 hours. The same exact issues, at the same exact time with Rishworth, and the phone calls and email's went unanswered.

VAC was trying to impose paycuts on all pilots the whole time I was there. Parc fought. Because they fought, VAC stopped recruiting from them for a long time. It cost Parc money, but they stood up for their pilots, and all pilots at VAC from all agencies benefited from that.

The government of Vietnam tried to impose very harsh visa restrictions on all expats, not just pilots. Families members would have to leave the country and re-enter the country every 30 days. Parc alone fought this and I, as an Rishworth pilot, was CC'ed by Parc the whole time - thanks Parc.

In the end the visa situation ended up being better that it was in the beginning.

After it was over, we all got an email from Rishworth saying, "we heard there is an issue with visas for pilots and their families, and Vietnam Airlines said they are going to work on it."

In the end, Rishworth decided to breach all contracts and reduce all of our pay, without our consent. Their contracts are so hideous that after reading it I realized the only two courses of action were to accept it, or quit. So i quit.

I now work for Parc on a contract in China, and am extremely happy with my contract service. :ok::ok::ok:

B737NG
7th Apr 2011, 09:26
As stated earlier the Nickname for Rishworth is Rishworse, we have had several occassions where the Rishworth Pilots where left allone when it was time to stand up for them whilst other Agents confronted Administration at least with the issue.

The "Wine and dine" once a year does not help the Pilots, as the issues are gently adressed and then forgotten at the next morning. I even forgott the name of the desease, it is a good one, I meet new people every day.

DPI is fairly small but a long time in the business as well and my paycheck came on time when I worked thru them back in 1998 until 1999. The contacts are still there and when I was in touch with them on the phone recently some of the people still work there for over 15 years now. That also shows me some stabilty.

FCI is a Agency that is "founded" from the leftover of BIUSA, Best International USA, Texas. Be carefull is the least I would say or better stay away if you can.

EPA had a few legal issues with some Australien Skippers and had to pay some significant amount of compensation to them after a Court ruled finaly.

PARC had a ownership change, the new style of managment will be judged by the old one. My 2000 Contract with PARC was splendid, I hope it stay´s that way for the sake of all involved.

CCL is good and the response comes within hours despite time diffrence. The insurance package is outstanding and the on time pay the standart. The founder is a retired Pilot and knows the Business in and out.

GAP was coming into the picture about 6 years back in time and does the job quietly and tries to get the share of the cake. No issues on support and one of the best contacts into KAL with good representation.

So far as a quick feedback and I look forward to read more expirience contribution here.

Fly safe and land happy

NG

USMCProbe
7th Apr 2011, 14:03
I have heard good things about CCL. About a year ago I looked into KAL, all the way back to 1998 on KAL threads. Didn't see a bad word about them. That is an automatic thumbs up if nobody was torqued off enough to rant on PPRUNE.
DPI I still haven't heard much about, good or bad. That generally means GOOD.

Never heard the term Rishworse, but I like it. At VAC we called them Rishworthless. And that was on a good day. I would get kicked off the forum for the language we normally used.

So far 3 good agencies. Any more?

USMCProbe
7th Apr 2011, 14:08
When I first got to China there were many problems with getting registered with the Chinese government. We were staying in a dump of a hotel by the PEK airport. The local WASINC rep was there a lot. She was extremely knowledgeable about Chinese stuff as it pertains to pilots. Later the owner of Wasinc also took the time to email about a couple of other things, even though I was not a Wasinc pilot.
I did hear some rants about Wasinc, and I cannot refute them. They were helpful to me, without benefit to them. They took time out of their own day to help a foreigner, no associated with their business.
For me, I have to give Wasinc :ok::ok::ok:

And thank you.

olepilot
7th Apr 2011, 14:59
I have first hand knowledge how it is to be with Parc after 3 contracts. 2 in Spain and 1 in Vietnam. With Rishworth only second hand info.

First let's not forget that they are your employer and you are the employee.

Having said that I can without hesitation say that they are one of they best employers I've worked for.
Never any problems with pay, always on time and correct. Most months paid around the 23rd since your contract says the money should be on your account latest the last day of the month. Due to having an argument with the tax authorities in my home country I needed an advance when moving to Nam. No problem!
I know that the health insurance, at least two years ago, was much better with BUPA gold than what was given by Rish. Me and my best buddy compared item for item. If you also take into consideration covering your family, in my case wife and two kids, Parc/BUPA was substantially better and much cheaper.
Go to the right hospital and you never touch a dollar. Everything is taken care of by BUPA through direct billing and never any need to pay anything in advance.

And most important, when the **** hits the fan you can count on that Parc will treat you right and according to your contract.
In my case I got in to trouble when I was reported by a f/o who thought that we were below legal when landing with final reserve + 5 minutes.
To cut a long story short this ended with the big duck terminating my contract with immediate effect. That also meant that from that day VAC didn't pay one dollar more for me to Parc.
Parc however listened to arguments from both sides and
tried to reinstate my services to VAC and when that didn't work they paid for my notice time, although if they would've elected to follow the contract to the letter, they had no obligation to do so.

I won't say much more about Rish since all info I have is second hand, although I have no doubt that the stories I've been told by my friends are true.
I can also confirm that the Rish rep in SGN/VAC is a top notch guy who really takes care of the newcomers and helps them to settle in and is always there with a helping hand or piece of advice. Doesn't matter if it's private or work related or if you're from Parc or Rish.

That's my private two cents!

Rosiemoto
8th Apr 2011, 01:56
Have had miserable experiences with Direct Personnel (Ireland but Contracts are based in Guernsey) and Titan Aero (websites falsely claim they have offices all over the world - not true - its Loyed Sacrias on a blackberry in Dubai)

:mad:

TopTup
11th Apr 2011, 04:56
I have "experienced" Rishworth. That immoral scum of a company tried to withhold my final month's salary after I resigned. I gave all correct notice: dotted every i and crossed every t. I raised many, many concerns while at Air India over the blatant breaches of contract. Their response? Lies upon lies upon lies, which in the end became exposed through overwhelming evidence. In the end they then refused to answer any phone calls or reply to any emails. A lawyer was needed and money finally appeared. (I was lucky. Others experiencing the same have not been so fortunate due the time consuming legal system, distance between the States and NZ, etc, etc.... RAL know this and bank on it.)

So, they are either disgracefully incompetent or disgracefully immoral. They have teams of lawyers and know exactly what they are doing. Absolute scum. So, why doesn't the kiwi media jump all over this?? Unfair and illegal breaches of workplace agreements and contracts occur everyday: all either sponsored by, created by or supported by RAL.

Go back on this forum and do a brief review of pilot's experiences with RAL and see what conclusion the overwhelming evidence leads to. I have zero sympathy for those with RAL. Do your due diligence. You asked for it, you received it.

But, pilots being pilots, they will sell their soul for a contract with such a disgusting company rather than sit tight for a slot with an agency with a decent reputation. Short term gain for long term suffering.

I've had experience with Parc as well. All I can say publicly, and to them: THANK YOU. If you consider yourself a professional airman then surround yourselves with professional colleagues.

fullforward
11th Apr 2011, 12:04
I like your posts TT: clear, unbiased, no empty bs or blablabla.:ok:

Clb Crz Alt
12th Apr 2011, 11:24
I had a contract with Rishworth and would not recommend them to anyone.

There were issues with what was 'promised' before signing and what was honored.
There were meetings with Rishworths agent (JP) and he agreed to talk to the airline. Not one issue was addressed. IMHO they did not even talk to the airline for risk of losing any further recruitment through them.
My personal opinion of Rishworth was once you signed the contract and started, you are on your own should any issues arise.

Personally I do not agree with any recruiting agency as my experience with Rishworth was it was a tool for corruption, the DFO and CP bragged about the their 'Rishworth Villas' they were building in Spain.

The difference between what the airline was paying Rishworth and what we were being paid was significant. Rishworth made well over 7 figures with the numbers they sent to this airline. For doing what I ask!
After one year with Rishworth all were employed (UNDER CONTRACT) direct with the airline and could be dismissed with three months notice. So what was the point of employing through the contract agent. Answer is above.

Avoid contract agencies, the more reputable airlines employ you directly, not through an agency.

My 2 cents worth.

Prisoner Number 320
16th Apr 2011, 12:46
Agree complete with Superced. Parc in the toilet now the same some of the pilots who come from Taiwan.

Message to those chinese pilot from Taiwan. You are expat pilots in VNA now. You are not Vietnam people and will never be. When you make report about other expat pilot you only look foolish. In you old airline in Taiwan you make report about expat pilot because that you culture. When you come to vn air you only **** on your expat brother when you do that.

Remember one thing, when your contract finish and you want change airline, that expat brother you report might be the one who can help or stop you next contract.

jinglied
18th Apr 2011, 02:26
J.R. from CCL was recently in Seoul for "discussions" with KAL.

Throughout his visit, a few of us had an opportunity to ask him a few questions with respect to possible improvements in the contract. The guy basically laughed at all of us with almost every question... yes laughed. He really didn't give a ****. My, and others opinion's of this company changed completely. By the end of his visit many of us were pissed. This guy is an ar.se as far as I'm concerned.

I have recommended CCL in the past, but no more.

Jinglie'd

superced
18th Apr 2011, 08:19
"Parc the new style of managment will be judged by the old one"

That's the problem...

ndegepilot
19th Apr 2011, 01:28
I have recommended CCL in the past, but no more.

Jinglie'd

I agree :ok:

GoForIt
19th Apr 2011, 10:59
I've been working with GAP on interviewing with Korean. I still don't have the word yet from KAL but expect to get hired. However, in my numerous emails and calls to M.P. at GAP, she has been forthright and completely open and honest with me on everything, including things that might not be to her advantage. I've been very impressed with the credibility and availability. My friends who hired into KAL through GAP a couple years ago have been completely happy with them.

fatbus
19th Apr 2011, 13:08
Has the pay scale changed through GAP? It has not changed in a long time and now seems a bit low. CCL did at one point post the pay scale but that has been removed, what is the latest?

777vs330
19th Apr 2011, 13:55
Fatbus,
You're right, nothing has changed, and nothing will. Currency depreciation is not within their considerations. JR seems to think that all KAL drivers (joined prior Mar 2010) should kiss the feet of management for the BIG 1.6% pay rise.
Unfortunately, they are still swamped with too many applicants who are willing to settle for less.

capt. solipsist
20th Apr 2011, 05:36
Pre-ownershp change, I was a snooty SOB because I was w PARC and my mates were w Rishworth. This was in no small measure because our client services manager was Senan Haugh, a credible, competent and outstanding guy. :D

Post buy-out, I am simply an SOB :} With the new PARC, disappointed is a gross understatement. Senan was assigned to China, and the people who replaced him do not seem to deserve their pay grade. :=

Example: Requested PARC a clarification re an ambiguous contract stipulation that the airline was interpreting VERY loosely to their advantage. The current PARC rep emailed the airline re my query, and then simply advised me that the airline is soon to come up w an official interpretation of subject provision. :ugh:

Classic petitio principii, much like the following:

The Bible affirms that it is inerrant. Whatever the Bible says is true. Therefore: The Bible is inerrant.

Happy Easter everyone :cool:

SRS
22nd Apr 2011, 21:26
I worked for IASCO for 8 years but they are only in Japan as far as I know. It was more a company than the present rash of agents. The best agent for me is GAP. I was with them for 5 years and they were always responsive and understanding. One fact that one must remember with Korean Air is that the company can change any item in the 'contract' and (all)the agents can't do a damned thing about it.

Don't expect too much, collect your salary, and you will not be disappointed.

evyjet
25th Apr 2011, 00:40
Rishworth are the same. All they do is forward on information from the company when I have a problem. They have never gone into bat when the company change or interpret the contract their way. I have had a few occassions where the company has not honored my contract. Rishworth don't do anything other than tell me the company are being helpful by trying to work something out. The company dishonor my contract, and then try to come up with a remedy (not as good as my entitlement), and Rishworth try to make me beleive the company are helping is just BS! If I don't honor my terms and conditions, there's hell to pay!

The contact companies are a complete joke. They take money and do absolutely nothing, other than redirect my salary from their account to mine, and send a few emails.

I fail to see why they are there in the first place. :ugh:

Clb Crz Alt
26th Apr 2011, 12:57
Rishworth are the same. All they do is forward on information from the company when I have a problem.

I fail to see why they are there in the first place. :ugh:

I believe I know the reason for crewing companies to exist and certain airlines to use them.

Any airline could employ you on a contract directly with the option to lay you off on one month notice (as was rishworths contract) or three months notice.

I applied to the airline the same time I applied to rishworth. I was employed by rishworth for one year then employed by the airline directly. The rishworth step was completely unnecessary, (except to line the pockets of others).

MASTEMA
14th Jun 2011, 10:40
Any info on who is handling the China Eastern contract for Oz basings?

Dash_Daddy
24th Jun 2011, 20:11
A very interesting thread, especially to someone contemplating dipping his toe into the unfamiliar waters of contract work abroad. Keep the posts coming.:D

B737NG
26th Jun 2011, 16:03
There is a new Kid on the block: ::: Welcome to Total Aviation Service - TAS ::: (http://www.flytas.com)

The grapevine says that the Chairmans Daughter is behind the Agency. I haven´t heared more from them until now but we keep tracking on it. Mybe I need a LAX-flight to come closer and see with my own eyes what and who is behind.

Same with FCI, checked them out and found then unsuitable for further useage, mainly the leftover from BIUSA and they screwed alot of Pillots in early 2002/2003. The consequence was that KAL cut all business with them and ended the contracts of the Pilots then.

Fly safe and land happy

NG

protect essential
28th Jul 2011, 13:12
all these agencies are basically the same. They're your best friend and go to bat for you to get you hired. once on the job they are okay. all they do is transfer money they have received from the airline to your designated account and give you an annual report of money earned. It's when there is an issue with the airline that they go into "hiding" behind the contract that is stacked against you. When push comes to shove, you will loose. The agency will not risk their long term contract of providing pilots to the airline over one guy/gal. Besides, if you get canned or quit, there are many more knocking on the agent's door.

GAP was fine until I had an issue. Then all I got was a three sentence email that translated into a shoulder shrug. thanks for nothing.

USMCProbe
29th Jul 2011, 01:15
I have had a pretty good experience with Parc so far in China. There have been a few issues with the airline, and Parc has resolved them for the most part. Much better than I would have expected in China, and it is a new contract for Parc so I am sure they are feeling it out as well.

The best thing is I sleep better the night before payday, knowing that Parc isn't trying to figure out keep more of my contract fee for themselves, which seems to be par for the course when I worked for the boys and girls from Auckland (Rishworth).

Dream Land
29th Jul 2011, 03:40
LOL, my captain's pay was $8,500.00 USD (6/2) in 2004 at Rishworth, now on $14,000.00 (10/1), I think I'm very happy with Rishworth and their support, I wasn't willing to throw away the job like some people because the airline wanted to take 2% of my salary back for a six month period.

Cheers D. L. :ok:

captain_adel
2nd Aug 2011, 12:44
please adivse me i am deal with rishworth now to work with asiana air i have interview next 2 week so please advise me by email [email protected]

USMCProbe
3rd Aug 2011, 23:02
A new Rishworthless story, to go along with the rest............

On my current contract with Parc, we are currently reimbursed for air tickets, up to a maximum of 5000 USD each six months. But we must submit receipts and copies of the tickets. I am not sure how or why, but we were just informed last week that we will now simply be paid an additional 5000 USD for travel, at the end of each 6 months. I am not sure if it was negotiated, or the airline got tired of the extra administrative hassles, but it is a good deal for us.

We told the Rishworth pilots this, and they have requested verification with brand R down in Auckland. Thus far, no response. Why? Probably Rishworth is going to still require (or is thinking about it) their pilots to submit travel claims to them, and if they don't spend the whole 5000, Rishworth will pocket the difference.

It might be legal, depending on how their contract is written. Their contract is with Rishworth, and any change between Rishworth and the airline doesn't necessitate a change with the contract with the pilot.

Well done Rishworth. Again.

They never change.

USMCProbe
3rd Aug 2011, 23:19
D.L.

Being the paid, local plot rep for Rishworth at Vietnam, Airlines, I do not question the amount they pay you, as I know you are paid an additional amount over the normal contract fee at Vietnam Airlines. Your service to the pilots at VAC, from ALL agencies, was very welcomed and appreciated, not the least of which by me. Thank you.

You were not the problem. Just the opposite. The problem lies with the fact that our contract fee is paid FIRST to the criminals in Auckland, and then they pay you. Hopefully. Most of my dealings with the Auckland staff, which were not many, were dishonest from their side, and THEY FINANCIALLY BENEFITED from that dishonesty.

The best example of this, which affected a large number of the pilots (this is besides the pay cut) is the advertised 6/2, 5/3, and 4/4 rotations. Everybody starts at 6/2, and then you have to request, thru your agency, a shorter rotation. A large number of us (most of the pilots I personallly knew) requested this with Rishworth or Parc. The Parc pilots had the requested submitted, and granted (when I was there) Rishworth would not submit the request, and lied to me, saying they did, for over 2 months. Only when i contracted VAC's contract office in Hanoi, could I verify that Rishworth had not, in fact, ever submitted the request. When challenged with this information, Rishworth finally made the request, and it was granted. I was one of the very few Rishworth pilots at the time that was on a 5/3 rotation, as most of the Rishworth pilots gave up trying to get a shorter rotation.

Why? You get paid less for a shorter rotation, and Rishworth is paid a lower contract fee as a result. So if anyone wants to go to VAC and hopefully get a 5/3 rotation, you might want to seriously consider going with a different contract agency. Rishworth won't make the request, or wouldn't, when i was there, which was just over 1 year ago.

Sorry DL, your a good guy, but your chosen employers are scum. See my previous post for their latest.

Dream Land
5th Aug 2011, 07:59
Just to be clear USMC, my 10/1 pay is not counting anything else, it's just straight A320 pay that anyone with RAL or Parc will receive after the first year on 10/1.

Many people are opting for China contracts since the L/H seat pay on the A320 salary there is much higher than the $9,720 we pay here for the first year.

Cheers, D.L.

UALSIC
6th Aug 2011, 04:25
I have heard that VNA requires a 15K 3 year bond for all new hire CPTs on the A320. Is this true? If this is true it will stop new CPTs coming here period! Apart from being based in HAN which some people like but most do not.

Instead of actually paying market rates the VNA brain trust up in HAN came up with THIS?! It is almost too far fetched to believe. Can anybody confirm this?

Keep in mind this is NOT the 15K bond for CPT upgrades.

skypirate2u
8th Aug 2011, 02:28
RW....Scumbags...never again. How come everyone I know with those initials are bottom-feeders?

Parc...so far new management is trying to tote the line as the old management did. Hope it works well for them....good outfit.

DPI....used them once, no complaints.

Sigmar....Never again, let me repeat that....NEVER AGAIN!

FCI...a crook is a crook is a crook.

AeroPro.....Rachel, just how far can one strectch the Truth?

AeroPersonnel...I want to like them, really I do. But just can't seem to put it together yet.

VOR.....They were good to deal with, just the CAAC didn't like me. I'd use them again.

Contract Air.....Once was enough.

Things have evolved a bit since the latest scramble for crews began. We used to have a handful of somewhat to reputable sourcing agenceis out there. No every mom and pop is going to give a go. Along with it, the moral and ethics department was trashed. If you have a good agency, then you'd best hang with them. If you do try the waters, do be very careful. The SHARKS are running very shallow nowdays.:eek:

USMCProbe
10th Aug 2011, 06:42
I heard about the VAC bond demand from a couple of pilots I know that are still at VAC. Rumor has it that they hit a new hire class with this the first day, and all but one walked. Airlines the world over try to get pilots for less, just like any business likes to cut its costs. The best choice is to vote with your feet.

One of my favorite sayings from a flying partner:

"If someone wasn't trying to screw me, this wouldn't be aviation."

TWN PPL
14th Aug 2011, 10:21
British Airways launches major recruitment drive - Leadership, business and management news, tips and features from MT and Management Today magazine (http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/news/1084552/british-airways-launches-major-recruitment-drive/)

"British Airways is poised to launch its biggest recruitment drive in a decade. The airline is expanding pilot numbers by 800 and it’s using YouTube to entice pilots willing to meet the £100,000 training cost."

ia1166
15th Sep 2011, 10:07
Hey dreamland. 2 things.

You have sacrificed your time off for more money. So you have a higher salary, but 1 week of every 10 weeks. Mate that is just sad. Nowhere else to go?

Secondly you earn 1000 a month extra as RAL s bitchboy in Vietnam, so anything you say is tainted my old chum.

Also I heard you went out to Skewers restaurant with a PARC TRE, your girlfriend and 1 new RAL Captain. All paid for by the RAL company credit card. Do RAL know that your entertaining PARC guys and your girlfriends at their expense?

You do make me laugh. Keep it coming.

mach 84
15th Sep 2011, 15:58
we should start a jihad to wipe out all this not in parc believers for once and ever,

IN PARC WE TRUST! :ugh:

fatbus
15th Sep 2011, 16:23
Flyinchina,
You have used a few in the past , how much do they take for their cut? All good info BTW, Thanks

Dream Land
18th Sep 2011, 17:18
ia1166, if anyone is is sad person, it's you mate, I can't even remember the last time you made a positive contribution here, you are only embarrassing yourself, many people are laughing at you behind your back.

No I do not have to get away from Vietnam like you do - since I actually enjoy being here, and for your information, I have a free hand to assist our pilots in anyway that I see fit, and yes in this case there was a highly regarded Australian TRE that assisted me with a new pilot briefing.

Cheers, D.L.

WJAPilot
20th Sep 2011, 04:40
Can I kindly get any kal contract 37 or 77 captains to pm me.

Just a few questions...... And yes I've read the posts.

Cheers in advance

Wjp

gb346
6th Oct 2011, 10:14
Hi all,

I am looking at the possibility of contracting in Asia and have read all the posts and pretty much know which agency I'd prefer to work through.

I was wondering about the employment side of contracting - does the Pilot get employed by the Airline or by the Contracting Company AND how do the contracting companies make their money? Do they get a placement fee from the Airline or does the contracting company take a monthly slice of the pilot income?

When they talk about salaries, is this the money coming to the pilot or do the contracting company take a percentage of this??

Thanks

USMCProbe
6th Oct 2011, 14:34
Different airlines in different countries do things way differently. It is all over the map. In some airlines you are an airline employee (to them), others you are a subcontractor. In general, if there is a contract agency involved, the airline pays them, and then they pay you, and keep some for themselves. The amount they keep is a closely guarded secret. In a few cases the contract agency just gets a one time "finders fee" and the airline employes you directly.

This is probably not the answer you were looking for. If you ask about a particular airline, somebody here will probably know the answer.

Dream Land
6th Oct 2011, 17:48
Well I wouldn't believe everything you read on pprune, my recommendation is to contact real pilots on a contract that you are interested in, compare their contract to the one that you're being offered, do your homework.

kimcheejones
16th Oct 2011, 13:19
... As a contract pilot with KAL, my contract has NO signatories from Korean Air. The contract has my signature and the Agency's signature. It definitely helps keep KAL at a legal arms length from the Foreign pilots. Like the Chairman himself stated recently, Foreign pilots assist the company in managing the size of the workforce, ESPECIALLY if there is a need to downsize quickly!!

The agency takes a cut of the monthly paycheck, but I'm not sure how much.

Good Luck!

Kimcheejones

mach 84
23rd Oct 2011, 16:01
at the and of the day they all make good money by having you under
contract, parc, rishworth, DPI, EPA.

USMCProbe
23rd Oct 2011, 18:02
ia1166 gave me the "In Brief" on Rishworth. As did a half a dozen other pilots at VAC. I like to listen to others who came before. Unfortunately I was to discover that everything they said - EVERYTHING - was true. Much to my financial detriment. I quit a job I loved because that was the only way to rid myself of business dealings with Rishworth.

Most contract agents get you the job and that is it. No service. There are 2 notable exceptions, and they happen to be the 2 biggest. Rishworth and Parc. Parc views you as a long term business partner. Rishworth views you as a pot of money, and to syphon off as much as they can without being sued in NZ court. They are all f#$%@ing lawyers, and they are better at the game than you, or me, are.

I will post some quotes from my past Rishworth contract tomorrow. Including the quote that says that I cannot divulge the contents of the contract to anyone. The contract is now long since null and void.

Being F@#$ing lawyers, maybe they will sue me, in NZ court?

olepilot
23rd Oct 2011, 18:09
"and don,t care who is my contract company"

This months high score on the stupidity-meter

USMCProbe
24th Oct 2011, 11:41
On the other side of my previous negative post, the "other" big agency I am quite happy with. They are not perfect, but they are professional, the contract is a plain language document not really favoring any single side, and I have seen them, at this job and my last (VAC) take really good care of the pilots they represent.
Case in point. At my current job, 3 of us were given a very bad "deal". 2 quit and one was fired, for mostly the same reason. I was the first to quit. I am still here for 1 reason, and one reason only: Parc understands Asia, and how to negotiate here. The other two pilots, one was with Rishworth, and the other Wasinc. Nothing against Wasinc as I haven't heard any "ripoff" stories that are rampant about Rishworth. But Parc saved my job, saved a "foreign pilot" for my airline, and, Parc's contract fee. The real winner, believe it or not, was the Chinese airline. They spend 80k-150k US on each of us before we ever fly as a Captain.
The owner of Wasinc, and their local rep, gave me a lot of good info when I first got to China, and I don't work for them. They are probably the most knowledgable about foreign pilot jobs here. They don't provide the same level of service here that Parc does, but I don't personally have any bad thing to say about them, and, in fact, thank them for the good info and advice.

Cheers

punkalouver
29th Oct 2011, 12:11
So how does it work with the big guys such as Rishworth or Parc where you get a contract with them but then something else comes along fairly soon after. Can you just give your 2 weeks notice or is there some sort of legal bond like many airlines have.
Also can things such as pay or schedule be renegotiated after you have started?

USMCProbe
30th Oct 2011, 03:49
Most contracts that don't have a "bond" have an early termination clause, generally 1-3 months. Either party may terminate "early". Pay is generally not renegotiable until you renew your contract, unless you have some big brass ones and are willing to quit and the company really thinks you are the greatest pilot on earth. This hasn't happened to me yet. Ha ha.

The only time pay is generally negotiable is when you work for Rishworth. At some point, they will decide that you are receiving too much money, and will unilaterally decide to not give you as much as your contract states. I wouldn't call this negotiating, I would call this criminal. This HAS happened to me.

There are so many different contracts, the terms are all over the map. The one thing to remember is that you are your own "business". Negotiate carefully, and be careful what you wish for.

Aerodmb
1st Nov 2011, 18:04
reviews on Paramount Aviation Group?

evyjet
3rd Nov 2011, 09:46
Anyone have any experience with Wynnwith?

Rotorhead1026
4th Nov 2011, 08:48
I interviewed with Turkish through Paramount. Turkish wasn't very well organized (and it turned out I wasn't qualified - the airline didn't figure this out until I arrived in Istanbul), but Paramount treated me well throughout the interview process.

charly tango
15th Nov 2011, 17:07
any idea about "aircrew global aviation inc" which hires for garud in indonesia. Anyone having experience with garud. Also have an offer from eaglejet for lionair. Which of the 2 airlines is better? People having their experience -please share

captplaystation
17th Nov 2011, 00:31
Another thread on here suggests Garuda is stopping expat pilot contracts for the moment after union objections, eaglejet for Lionair is P2F, so not really a job , you pay them to work.
AFAIK , the only paid jobs available in Lionair are TRE's / TRI's /LTC's.

Had a colleague contracted with Garuda last year, sounded awful in every respect. From what I have heard Lionair is no better, do you REALLY want to fly in Indonesia ?

charly tango
17th Nov 2011, 14:01
Well considering the reqirements of all airlines, i thought it wise to build up hours on jet engine. If u see, some of my friends enrolled in gulfstream program in florida and today they have better future prospects.

and i wanted first hand experience who has flown in these airlines. As there r lot of rumours about them

captplaystation
17th Nov 2011, 18:02
Ain't no smoke without fire . . . . . rumours (sometimes) = news

condorbaaz
15th Dec 2011, 11:40
What about AViator Asia?

Hudini
5th Jan 2012, 18:01
Hiring direct with a carrier is not very smart for an expat unless you speak the language and like being paid in the local currency. Parc pays me US dollars to any account in the world. They have been invaluable with their help. Plus they have all sorts of insurance for very reasonable costs. Yes you will be the first to go in a downturn. But right now that ain't happening.

Jerry Lee
5th Jan 2012, 19:13
Just for curiosity, do contract pilots ever get upgraded to captain?
For example, if a pilot renews it's contract for the first or second time and has flown for the same company for at least 8-10 years, can he expect an upgrade to captain and maybe move to another aircraft?

odee95
17th Jan 2012, 05:56
@ Jerry Lee

It's happened in VAC (Vietnam Airlines) Whether you are with RAL or Parc or DPI. The soonest upgrade I heard was a year on the right seat, to the left of the same type (A320, that is). Most if not all, at least two years as FO before you get a chance for upgrade on the same type from right to left. Less than that for upgrade to bigger planes (320 to 330 as FO). Longer period for upgrade to wide body when you'r on the left seat. The company is expanding, that might be your clue why it has upgraded expats that fast.

fly_fly
30th Jan 2012, 05:51
yes - the owner of wasinc is a good talker and will tell you lots of nice things to make you feel warm and fuzzy. unfortunately they don't have the track record to follow through with all the promises they make and have a history of cheating people given the opportunity to get away with it.

they appear to be a nice friendly us company but actually your contract will be with a hong kong shell company they use to funnel money through.

take it from somebody who has been here long enough to have been personally stiffed by wasinc and met many other pilots in china who also got unfair treatment from wasinc. they pretend to be on your side but actually they are not and will leave you hanging and broke. ask around when you see other pilots at your medical check or interview or go down to some bars in shekou shenzhen where all the shenzhen pilots hang out and ask for some stories about wasinc.

you have been warned... there are other choices out there and any company that tells you that "they are the only one that have this contract" are lying - there are many other contract agencies recruiting for every airline and charter company in china. wasinc will collect between $500-$700USD per month as a service fee from the airline for recruiting you. they say they will provide service and support but actually in some cases they will steal money that is owed to you saying the airline never paid them. some foreign pilots are going directly to chinese companies now without a middle man scammer to steal money from you. whenever you have a question about pay or anything wasinc will direct you to the airline anyway so they are useless.

my recommendation - if you are interested in any job in china - search for that job and you will find several other agencies recruiting for the same job. then do some research on the recruiting agency. once you goto china you will be locked in and can't freely change airlines. if you end up stuck with a deadbeat recruiting company like wasinc you won't be able to freely "change" to fix your mistake.

sequel
28th Feb 2012, 08:36
very informative thread..thanks all..:ok:

It's happened in VAC (Vietnam Airlines) Whether you are with RAL or Parc or DPI. The soonest upgrade I heard was a year on the right seat, to the left of the same type (A320, that is). Most if not all, at least two years as FO before you get a chance for upgrade on the same type from right to left. Less than that for upgrade to bigger planes (320 to 330 as FO). Longer period for upgrade to wide body when you'r on the left seat. The company is expanding, that might be your clue why it has upgraded expats that fast.

Odee95..do have any info on Asiana..any upgrade possibilities there as well??

Led Zeppelin
28th Feb 2012, 20:07
IAC global anyone ?

Kakogsa
30th Mar 2012, 09:32
Anyone has info about Smile-Aviation? They are recruiting CRJ captains for China Express and I dont find any info about Smile or China-Express.
Thank you.

B737NG
31st Mar 2012, 07:33
G´day fellows. You mean Paramount in Canada? If that is the case we had a nice blow with them last year. All felt thru at the end as the promise was flying high and the reality was landing hard. ( QR )

Fly safe and land happy

NG

I love twins
10th Apr 2012, 15:53
Hi folks,

I'm interested in applying as a first officer for the Korean Air A330 (non type rated) program. As i understand it, this is only possible via Rishworth.

I've read the "So you want to fly with Korean Air" thread, and it has worried me somewhat.

Are there any expat F/Os with them at the moment who can share their experience? (i've seen lots from Captains, but none from F/Os).

Does the commuting work as they advertise? Average takehome as advertised? Anything they're NOT telling me?

Thanks for any information you have.

fatbus
10th Apr 2012, 16:32
Mate, give your head a shake

Al Symers
16th Apr 2012, 11:30
Steer clear of this bunch of amateurs. Everyone who has dealt with them has been given the run around. Scant information and incompetent staff. No helpers on the ground in China and no interest in contractors once they are hired. Expect self promoting prose from the principal DWM about his glowing career, and not much else.

sendintheclowns
20th Jun 2012, 16:00
Interesting to hear your views on TF. Anyone have any opinion on "BusinessAviationAustralia" run out of MEL by expat Chinese?

MASTEMA
25th Jun 2012, 03:04
Roc Wei from BA is very well connected and definitely the best choice.

I was going to CSA but decided on a seachange (with lots of sand), but I would have signed with Roc.

All the best to the guys at CSA, it should be a very good contract once the rosters, etc are sorted.

Heard that TFA are screwing their guys left, right and centre and some have already resigned... not good. :ouch:

Look after your pilots and they will look after you.

Tristar
2nd Aug 2012, 18:42
Hi all,
There is good prospect for a job as a captain A330/340 with Hainan Airline through UNIC Aviation.
I’ll appreciate any comments/advices from pilots who have any experience with either Hainan Airlines, and/or UNIC Aviation.

Keylime
3rd Aug 2012, 00:16
The grapevine says that the Chairmans Daughter is behind the Agency. I haven´t heared more from them until now but we keep tracking on it. Mybe I need a LAX-flight to come closer and see with my own eyes what and who is behind.

737NG:

You are correct. The Chairman figures why should he pay agencies several million a year when he can pocket the money himself. Some of the agencies are having a problem getting their applicants approved for interview. Meanwhile the word is FCI's applicants are being "taken care of". Never be amazed at how greedy the Koreans can be.

Keylime
3rd Aug 2012, 00:24
GoForIt:

One thing to remember about contracting agencies. You are the contractor not the agency. They are nothing more than facilitators. They forward your application to the airline. They wire your pay where you ask them to and that is about it. They cannot and will not for the most part get involved in contract disputes because they will be cut off by the airline. Then, the pilots they have on contract will not be renewed. They will eventually be starved out. An airline that is very good at this is Korean Air Lines. On a regular basis KAL changes the terms of the contract at their whim. The agencies do nothing.

USMCProbe
3rd Aug 2012, 03:07
Unic is another scam agency set up in China. There are dozens of fly-by-night operations like this. Somebodies cousin, uncle, etc. I personally know of zero pilots currently represented by them in China.

Go with Parc or Wasinc. Also Hainan's line training is long and brutal. They probably have the highest failure rate in China. Maybe on earth. There are better options in China.

You pretty much get one shot working in China. You need to choose carefully. Unic/Hainan is a bad combo.

Tristar
3rd Aug 2012, 17:05
Thanks for the info :ok: much appreciated

Al Symers
17th Sep 2012, 08:52
More departures from CSA/Top Flight...Details when I get 'em!

A-3TWENTY
18th Sep 2012, 09:25
In the company I`m flying for there are basically two agencies providing pilots:

Brookfield and GPS.

GPS pilots are all without exception happy with their services.

Brookfield pilots are all UNHAPPY without exception. The crapiest service I ever seen.They work very well until you sign the contract. Then problems start.From late salaries to rude(very rude) threatment.Incompetents and unpolite. They never hear what you have to say.You are always wrong.It came to a point , that now pilots solve their problems directly with the company (which is very nice and honest) and ask company to comunicate them.

Go wherever you want but not with them.

A320

woodja51
18th Sep 2012, 15:52
Just about to finish line flying with CSAIR and frankly so far so good .

I think there have been issues, but softly softly getting results.

The guys that left did so for their own reasons. GB appeared to be happier in EK doing 92+ hours per month across 20 hours of time zone each month , MK took a slot with Amiri better money less flying but Qatar???!!! And complained about having pay docked .... When he was in FRA doing Amiri slection so hard to be sympathetic.. The irish dude was a bit of a loose cannon too I am lead to believe.. So lets give them a chance .... They are just like EK was in the early days getting going... And they have lots of cash to make it work.... 3 trillion in USD bonds ,!!

Ask me same questions in three months! WJA if you remember to Al symers! !

loriajp
11th Oct 2012, 12:46
:confused:

gulfairs
31st Oct 2012, 05:17
RISHWORTH:

Is "Sneaky Heat" Still running Rishworth?

GR

volare_737
8th Jan 2013, 09:03
Hi Guys - I would like to talk to somebody who is with Tianjin or West Air on the 320 contract.
Anybody dealing with Cockpit Connect or Tempo ?
Any input good or bad would be appreciated.
Thanks

volare_737
11th Jan 2013, 06:16
Nobody ???????

JotaJota
11th Jan 2013, 16:36
Cockpit connect or Tempo? NEVER heard of them, and would never use unless there's enough positive feedback on them!

Is that what you are asking Volare?

expatdriver
14th Jan 2013, 12:26
Any feedbacks on Smile Aviation in China?

USMCProbe
15th Jan 2013, 11:24
There is no feedback because there are no pilots in China working for Smile Aviation. Another scam in China run by somebody's brother in law.

pilotss2001
19th Jan 2013, 13:48
I agree with you about Smile Aviation.

For people who live in China, that website looks normal. But from an expat stand point having lived in China, you can see the Chinese website presentation and the over use of that Chinese blue color. You know what I'm talking about if you spent time in China. There is an odd shade of blue and red that is used very often that I have never seen on an international website or sign. The character spacing and margins of the Chinese website are a little off from the international style from what I am guessing is the pixels per character.

A Chinese agency. That would be interesting like Alice in Wonderland interesting. :ugh:

expatdriver
25th Jan 2013, 11:44
thanks for the heads up.

volare_737
25th Jan 2013, 12:32
Yes - JotaJota - Tempo is advertising on the Flight International web site.
Must say the are very helpful when it comes to answering email queries. Thats about how far I have gone . Anybody else got any info about agencies dealing with Tianjin or West Air ?

duxone
7th Mar 2013, 12:54
anyone has feedback for this guys? :confused:

pierre6618
11th Mar 2013, 02:14
I talked with these folks at length this week. I've been a contract captain in China for three years and married into the culture (not Mainland however). Smile seems on the up and up, I have corroborating details from disinterested 3rd parties. They say they have placed 18 pilots in China (they are 2 years old), and I know for a fact they placed some S.A. guys from my current carrier. It appears they are well connected with the CAAC, which for any of us who fly/qualify in China can be very advantageous...... Any comments?

volare_737
11th Mar 2013, 03:08
Hi Pierre - With you flying in China, do you by any change know anything about West Air. I am talking to Tempo aviation. They seem very helpful so far, but I have not really gone further the exchanging a couple of emails.
I am keen on West Air as the seem to offer a good commuting contract.
Any info good or bad would be great !!!

VneII
14th Mar 2013, 10:46
Hi,
I am enquiring for any info or experiences with this company and particularly relating to the ANA B767 contract.

Longreach have offices in Hong Kong and Australia and recruit for Japan, China and Korea. I beleive they are associated with Parc somehow.

Any comments gratly appreciated.
Cheers
Joshua

LindbergB767
16th Mar 2013, 06:02
Longreach is rather associated with CREW

VneII
16th Mar 2013, 09:46
LindbergB767, sorry, you are correct. They are associated with Crew somehow.

Do you have any experience with them? Or have you heard anything about them from other expat pilots?

Thanks

abwrath
25th Apr 2013, 15:36
Having worked with Rachel and having a vague idea of who you are, I must tell the good community out there that participate in these forums to peer away from comments made by this gentleman skypirate. I myself am a genuine recruiter who cares for people that work with us and am someone who works for a company that most certainly isn't in the mess people around business.

737_driver
9th May 2013, 19:49
Definitely an interesting thread guys/ gals,

I am Not a contract pilot and I don't claim to know a lot about the contract world. I fly for an airline directly, but this thread is definitely a good read. Many years ago, the airline I was flying for shut-down. A lot of us were left scrambling to find work. Parc aviation was the only company that flew out to meet us and offer their services for possible over seas contract work. From what I can remember the Parc Recruiters put on a great presentation. Lucky enough, most local airlines were hiring, and most of us stayed in Canada with the exception of a few that went to the sandbox or did contract work to stay in the left seat on type. One thing that comes to mind after reading this thread is, the lack of Pilot Representation. It seems to me that theses airlines in China Etc, wouldn't be contracting out for pilot services unless they really had too. Ie, pilot shortage for Captains and some f/o. If this is the case, correct me if I'm wrong, you guys/ gals have the upper hand. No? You have the experience and the pilot licence. The Carrier is simply renting your experience and most importantly renting your licence for a period of time i.e 1-5 yr. contracts. It boggles me why some of you are getting for the better lack of terms, "screwed" by the carrier or agent. Why don't you Epats demand a third party to hold a lump-some of money 20-30 thousand US dollars retention money from the agent before any contract is signed so you can afford to bail and get back home just in case the carrier or the agent decided not fulfill the contract. Subject to be returned to the agent when the contract is fulfilled and complete. It sounds like some carriers are praying on some, with no way out. This should not be happening in this day in age, and theses company's should be Black Balled from the contract pilot community. Just my thoughts. I look forward to your comments, fly safe.

Avireome
30th May 2013, 09:21
Please don't consider me as fair game to be shot down in flames simply because I'm asking about Lion Air and Rishworth. I'm only attempting to make contact with any expat contractors with current experience of this position whose knowledge I could draw on.
Regards

expatdriver
7th Jun 2013, 03:40
I have friends who are on the opposite end of the spectrum. Some says that Rishworth has been treating them well, they have been with them for around 8 years. Some say don't even dare join them. I guess it boils down on your preferences, expectations, where and when you want to work. Just sharing what was told to me.

Dream Land
10th Jun 2013, 20:53
I know one of the guys (pilot) that started the company, lots of good intentions, but the other partners in the company created big problems for the original founder, nothing to do with PARC.

Unlike some folks that continue to live in the past, I feel that Rishworth is the top contract agency in Asia currently, this due to direct support when you need it, along with better than average contract terms and they don't gouge you with absorbitant wire transfer fees, in the case of Skymark, they were the only contractors that supplied their pilots with full health insurance at no cost.

D.L. :ok:

bonaqua73
26th Jul 2013, 12:21
A company named UNIC aviation is doing the recruiting for Hainan Airlines.
Anybody heard of UNIC Aviation before? Does anybody knows anybody being hired through them?
Cheers

USMCProbe
27th Jul 2013, 03:53
Fly by night with few if any pilots. Parc or Wasinc only for China.

MDT06
30th Jul 2013, 03:30
It seems like Vietnam Air is looking for pilots again, both Rishworth and Parc are doing the contracting. Does anyone have any updates? QOL, etc.

Thanks

MDT

Wings Of Fury
2nd Aug 2013, 06:22
Again Vietnam Airlines.. anyone fill us in on the A330 layover routes flown?
I hear some experienced F/Os are upgraded to capt from 330 to 320 after 2-4 years?

LindbergB767
3rd Aug 2013, 02:40
If you have to pay for it it is not an upgrade
And if you fail you d ont get back the money
It did happen many time

Carlosp
4th Nov 2013, 19:03
Hi, i was reading a few comments about Rishworth.. Most of the time bad experiences..

somebody can tell me how is everything going at least during this last year 2013?

Appreciate it!

WJAPilot
4th Nov 2013, 20:43
Been dealing with Rishworth through the screening process at CSA they have been Great - Made a point of flying a rep out to China and assist through the process and help with the language barriers.

They have been responding to emails quickly and trying to assist in all ways possible.

So far I have been pleased.

WJP

USMCProbe
5th Nov 2013, 00:33
Yeah, Rish$#%^th is great during recruiting, that is where they spend their money, and that is how they get pilots. They put no money in support, and they are a bunch of lying lawyers. That is how they lose pilots, including me.

StinkyMonkey
5th Nov 2013, 06:19
Any experiences with IASCO?

They are advertising a lot of Chinese jobs, but I don't know much about them.

Thanks,

SM

capthnl
22nd Nov 2013, 02:13
Just started my second contract at KAL through CCL. In my opinion, they went from first to worst. Pay still arrives on time, but monthly pay falls way short of what my fellow pilots are getting from their contractors. In addition, my two classmates both received a $3000 signing bonus for the second contract (two different contract companies) that CCL refuses to match. So not only am I making less per month than my fellow pilots, I'm out of the signing bonus as well.

When I advised them of the pay disparity between them and the other agencies, they basically called me a liar and said I should be happy to be with CCL, since so many pilots want to be represented by them.

I too used to recommend CCL, but never again.

falcon10
6th Dec 2013, 22:09
So is the consensus that Parc is the best one for Korean contracts?

Yo767
12th Dec 2013, 05:29
Just got the offer from KAL non type rated captain A330. I hold a Canadian ATPL. Any recommendation as who to contact for training in Canada? I need to organize my own CCQ 320 to 330 training and I get zero support from Rishworth for that matter. They were mentioning on their website that they would provide assistance in finding a TRTO to organize the training but so far they haven't helped at all.

ABusboy
5th Jan 2014, 01:15
Try CAE in KL ..don't know how it goes with canada licence but they do CCQ for Kal candidates.

Rotorhead1026
7th Jan 2014, 04:23
Note that many sim centers do training approved by other countries. Some places in the US and ME, for example, may well be able to do a Transport Canada program. It's worth checking on, at least.

RjAgCR
8th Jan 2014, 07:09
Hi everyone, I am considering to apply for a position with Tianjin airlines and dont know much about contract agencies....any comments with regards to APAS or VOR holdings will be appreciated. :{ Are there better options that I am missing..?!:ugh:

Any suggestions for better options with Tianjin Airlines?

thanks for the replies :ok:

lidvik777
11th May 2014, 12:46
I am 15 years with Rishworth as B777 captain for Korean Air and I can' t complain too much. At some point my contract conditions were one of the best for contract pilots with KAL, now they are average but they were never worst one. When I need something from them I can get response straight forward and normally they are really helpful.

travelexec
21st May 2014, 14:41
Direct Personnel International are hiring also for Vietnam, Korean and a bunch of Chinese contracts.

pilotede320
26th May 2014, 17:40
Have worked with a number of recruiters and only had a problem with PARC prior to its partnership with CAE. However, i dont believe it was entirely a PARC issue as much as the individual running the office. (since fired)

Iasco however, is in a whole different league from the rest. Superb support and great individuals.

Highly recommend them.:D

MD83FO
14th Jul 2014, 17:56
Hi,

Any input regarding best agency to contract for VNA?

thanks, good day.

FMS_747
10th Aug 2014, 09:56
Hi everybody. I have a question regarding VNA and the different agencies. One of them is requiring exclusively hours on type to be made on 320/321 while others do not specify this criteria. Is this a requirement by VNA ? I am only flying the 319 and it looks like to be accepted by some agencies but not by rishworth as specified in their job description...any info on that ? Thanks a lot.

BoeingTripleSeven
10th Sep 2014, 08:09
Hi. I am interested in Canadian Tax implications with either China Southern reverse YVR base or Korean Airlines. If there are any Canucks here that are in the know, would you mind PM'ing me or posting your work-around for this?

Thanks in advance

Triple.

WJAPilot
12th Sep 2014, 01:46
PM Me.

WJP

marcusaurelious
26th Oct 2014, 03:07
Aeropartners. A TOTAL Joke. Stay away from this one boys and girls!

gypsyexpat
31st Oct 2014, 02:12
Also I advice you guys to stay far away from Flight Crew International or FCI.
They are totally beginner and even don't know differences among Type ratings:ugh:

six7driver
5th Nov 2014, 10:47
Any YVR based China Southern guys out there that can share info on life at CSA, not talking about the contract details, but how it's worked out real world? PM only please.

Track
19th Nov 2014, 10:04
For the CSA 777 contract, Parc or Risworth? Please PM me with your experience.

aimtofly
25th Nov 2014, 14:04
Parc anyday........

FlareArmed2
18th Jan 2015, 04:32
Try GABS for any China flying - very good. There's more available than just China Southern.

Also, I have known several pilots with very bad experiences at Rishworth, so I can never recommend them.

See this thread for GABS: http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/554582-gabs-recruiting-agency-experiences.html

LNAVNAV
18th Jan 2015, 08:33
:ok:----------

blahfod
18th Jan 2015, 22:42
I'd be interested in hearing from any Canadians working in China. I'm a type rated B737 Capt. with 500 hours pic on type and 6500 TT. I'm considering taking a leave to go abroad. I would like to hear about your experience. pm me if you prefer.

Fod

Falcon0001
22nd Feb 2015, 17:40
Hi Boeing Triple Seven,

Just saw your post. Canada China tax treaty specifies that, in the case of air transportation, taxes must be paid in China.

newifr
28th Feb 2015, 13:19
Hi everyone,

Having read all the posts on this thread, I now realise the importance of going through a reputable agency. Has anyone heard of Longreach Aviation Resources?

If so any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Newifr

Echo.papa
6th Apr 2015, 18:17
Hi every body...
I'm a new commer in pprune and its my first atempt to work abroad. I found that asiana situation is near to what i need as PIC on A320. So I joined CAE PARC few days ago but no answer is recived after 4/5 days.
How long will it take to get answer and comlete the proces by parc?
How is the contract terms with PARC? I mean should i pay them for contract or there will be a monthly percentage from salary or ... ?
Thanks

CMD-A
30th Apr 2015, 13:47
I've dealt with Longreach on one of the contracts in China.
End up not going, but their service was great.
If I am ever into any chinese contract, I would definately go with Longreach.

ponyboy13
9th May 2015, 23:38
They are the best by far!
No Bonds, honest and very helpful.

Its me
25th May 2015, 13:51
Has anyone ever worked with Aviation CV?

Thanks for response!

kijan
2nd Jun 2015, 12:06
New comer here…

Anyone know how (and which) agencies are helping (if they are) the guys "stucked" with the NTR 787 deal for CSA?

So far I gather that PARC/Rishworth/Long Reach get the most reviews (good or bad…).

Would anyone agree with me that looks/feels like they would actually be ranked in that order… maybe RW ahead of Parc…?

Of course very tough to compare…thats why I say just say: "looks/feels…"

Would it be worth AT ALL to consider going directly with companies like CSA or Hainan, and the likes….?

on the glide
8th Jul 2015, 14:10
USMCProbes,

Thank you Sir for share!

On the glide :ugh:

Rather Be Skiing
30th Aug 2015, 05:27
Any info/experience with either Aerbasics or Tempo Aviation and contracts in China?

DescendNow
15th Sep 2015, 11:38
WishForWorse (Rishworse) is clearly crap.

Loyal only to lining their own pockets and not a care in the world for the employer.

Parc on the otherhand have been my best employer for several contracts and the first place I always go looking. They will answer you, call you and even visit you.They have gone theextra mile when I have had taxation questions and been supportive when there has been a question between you and the employer.

WAAS sucks, so do any of the celphone buddies roaming the desert on the back of a camel.

This should make it easy for you - there is only one choice (and they dont know I wrote this!)

flying headbutt
15th Sep 2015, 20:39
Sorry got to disagree, my experience with well known Irish agency utter utter utter ****e! :mad:

22nd Sep 2015, 00:53
Hi guys,

Anyone with any experience dealing with Longreach China? Or anyone got anything to say re Longreach at all?

Cheers.

ponyboy13
22nd Sep 2015, 22:28
Avoid these guys.
Heard terrible things from the pilots at CSA.

GABS is the preferred option in Australia.
Honest and reliable.

dave767
23rd Sep 2015, 00:31
Hello all, I'm a new comer & looking for first overseas contract at Air Japan. I have read the good praises about PARC, what about Crew Resources Worldwide ?

Kobus Dune
27th Sep 2015, 15:23
With two good friends we signed for a contract in SEA.
Some allowances were promised before signing and ... guess what we got...
So we had meetings with Rishworths agent (JP) and he agreed to talk to the airline. Not one issue was addressed. IMHO they did not even talk to the airline for risk of losing any further recruitment through them.
My personal opinion of Rishworth was once you signed the contract and started, you are on your own should any issues arise.

Personally I do not agree with any recruiting agency as my experience with Rishworth was it was a tool for corruption, the DFO and CP bragged about the their 'Rishworth Villas' they were building in Spain.

The difference between what the airline was paying Rishworth and what we were being paid was significant. Rishworth made well over 7 figures with the numbers they sent to this airline. For doing what I ask!
After one year with Rishworth all were employed (UNDER CONTRACT) direct with the airline and could be dismissed with three months notice. So what was the point of employing through the contract agent. Answer is above.

Avoid contract agencies, the more reputable airlines employ you directly, not through an agency.

Roti Canai
3rd Oct 2015, 08:26
Probably not worth much interest but decided to post anyway.

Laos Airlines advertised with FlyGosh offering 8900 USD Per month for A320
Line Captain in Laos.

Brookfield Agency offer 9500 plus 700 housing.

jpn crj driver
13th Oct 2015, 21:51
Hey Dave767

With regard to Air Japan Agencies it depends on where you are going to live... Location shows USA... If you are a US Citizen or Green card holder and will be residing in the USA Crew is better as a friend there has said... Crew is a USA Company and pay the applicable payroll taxes to the USA because you are an employee... Have been told the Medical Insurance provided to the pilot and family are excellent at Crew... If you are going to reside outside of the USA to take advantage of the Foreign Earned Income Credit then Parc would be the Agency of choice... Information is second hand from 2 mates currently there... Good luck...

Kampie

ensign frusher
14th Oct 2015, 01:47
Hey 22K and ponyboy13

great Q&A session! asked and answered in one neat package.

Do you guys think we pilots are that dumb that we can't see a Dorothy Dixer?

There are lots of contracts agencys, some good, some bad, but resorting to your own advertising on pprune, just to rubbish another agency, looks desperate.

What, can't GABS afford the advertising rates at PPRune?

EF

ELAC
14th Oct 2015, 02:39
Ever heard of a Dorothy Dixer?
Hey 22K and ponyboy13

great Q&A session! asked and answered in one neat package.

Do you guys think we pilots are that dumb that we can't see a Dorothy Dixer?

There are lots of contracts agencys, some good, some bad, but resorting to your own advertising on pprune, just to rubbish another agency, looks desperate.

What, can't GABS afford the advertising rates at PPRune?

EF

Hey EF ...

As it happens I've had dealings with GABS over the past 2 years, though not with respect to CSA. In the past 15 years I have also had the pleasure (!) of dealing with several other agency's including B...d, C...r, P...c & E...- pathetic.

My experience thus far with GABS in entirely in agreement with ponyboy's remark. If there's a Dorothy Dixer on this thread I'm far more likely to believe it's you than him.

Regards,

ELAC

ensign frusher
14th Oct 2015, 03:11
ELAC

er, I don't think you know what a Dorothy Dixer is.

I wasn't denying any remarks, just pointing out an obvious circle jerk.

Sounds like you three need a hotel room...

ponyboy13
14th Oct 2015, 08:52
EF,
No Dorothy Dixer, don't know 22k .
Just the facts .

However I do recall the Pprune administrator busting Longreach for doing a few Dorothy Dixers on the A330 Australian Bases thread .That was funny!

I wouldn't know why Gabs don't advertise on Pprune but they probably don't need to.
As I said earlier, down here in Oz they are the preferred agency- simple.

ELAC
14th Oct 2015, 16:14
EF ...

I know exactly what a Dorothy Dixer is ... so re-read my remark with that in mind. Your last initial seems to fit very obviously into the rhyme of what you're about.

dave767
17th Oct 2015, 01:22
Thanks jpn crj driver (http://www.pprune.org/members/423787-jpn-crj-driver), I should be getting my green card soon and would have the opportunity to live there or commute from Canada so have to decide which agency would work best.

Its me
23rd Oct 2015, 11:32
Sorry to bring it up again folks. But anyone around with knowledge/experience about these boys? Aviationcv.com

They are offering apparent decent deals with ASIANA on 744.

Any ideas? Cheers guys.

avoka
27th Oct 2015, 04:25
Hi Guys
I have one question
If I passed sim screenning successfully to company "A"(I had to apply for this company via agency) ,but later I decided to change my plans and Rejected to be hired for this company "A" Would I be obliged to pay for my SIM assessment ?
Many thanks
Safe flights

Lucky Charms
27th Oct 2015, 11:50
I haven't heard much about CCL. The only posts I find are 5 yrs old. Does anyone have any current info about this agent? Also, opinions about which recruiter is the best for a US pilot at KAL.

Thanks!

single chime
7th Nov 2015, 10:03
Can anyone working at KAL through CCL or TAS comment on them. Interested in the 777 contract.

2nd Dec 2015, 15:34
Ensign F..... Whatever your name is.

You sound like a tool. Probably are a tool. I'm after info from my peers regarding a provider of services. That's what this thread is for. You sound like you need to go and be a smug troll somewhere else.

To answer you, yes I'm an Australian, no I have nothing do do with the company, Hence why I'm asking about it.

JESUS there's some flogs on here.

On Final
10th Feb 2016, 07:32
Hello, has anyone went through the license release process in China?

Does anyone know the Chinese labour law covering the fireign contract pilot? If you are in the middle of contract does the Chinese Company try to hold your license and not give you release letter?

I know the answers really looking for the official labour laws if anyone can chime in?

Safe flights..!

On Final

CEA330Driver
28th Feb 2016, 21:21
The licence release process really depends on how one 'leaves the company.' In our case, since the company had closed the base and hence breached our contract, they were very helpful in giving us: (1) release letter and (2) having our licences transferred to our next Chinese employer. The same can't be said for others I personally know which left the company on different 'terms.' Their process took around 12 months before they were back on the payroll. Those of us that transferred, didn't lose a month's wages.

I know this doesn't completely answer your question, but alas, this is China and the rules differ from company to company and pilot to pilot.

ImBMe
8th Mar 2016, 03:05
The making of a Pilot Resourcing Agent...

A father told his 3 sons when he sent them to the
university: "I feel it's my duty to provide you with the best possible
education, and you do not owe me anything for that. However, I want
you to appreciate it. As a token, please each put e1,000 into my
coffin when I die."

And so it happened. His sons became a doctor, a lawyer and a
financial planner, each very successful financially. When their
father’s time had come and they saw their father in the coffin, they remembered his wish.

First, it was the doctor who put 10 e100 bills onto the chest of the deceased.

Then, came the financial planner, who also put e1,000 there.

Finally, it was the heartbroken lawyer's turn. He dipped into his
pocket, took out his checkbook, wrote a check for e3,000, put it into
his father's coffin, and took the e2,000 cash.

He later went on to become a Rich and Worthless Agent.....raping and pillaging pilots World-wide.

StiflersMum
6th Apr 2016, 01:13
Just wondering if anyone has used Longreach China as a recruitment agent and is willing to provide feedback. In particular with regard to any of the China Southern contracts.

Cheer,

SM

Roaming_pilot
22nd Apr 2016, 23:18
Do no apply with this agency FLYTAS the owner or man is THOMAS DIVINE. Who does not know anything. Claims to have worked in Korean for three years but ...huh.

Skyworker
25th Apr 2016, 13:29
I know Thomas personally. He did work for KAL. I do not know what he does not know. Maybe it does not need to be known. Considering that in this world it is more who you know than what you know he knows a lot. Get a life!

jupityjupe
20th May 2016, 07:37
For those that are interested, CCL totally professional. Refund any travel costs on successful completion of interview, end of contract or resignation (other agencies don't and KAL charges). Paid far earlier than other agencies. Great insurance and loss of license (you have to pay, but the corporate rates are very reasonable). Always on the end of the phone and very helpful.
3 years at KAL, had a great experience.

Onesixty2four
4th Jul 2016, 16:04
Sigh..... It's been a long time, and I haven't said anything about this but...... having seen a person saying CCL is totally professional makes my blood boil. I'll tell you why. I was on 3 months LWOP waiting for the arrival of my first child. I was relatively happy as a skipper with KAL and probably would be with them to this day if it wasn't for CCL. While on my 3 months LWOP I was offered a position with a Chinese carrier. They would pay for my type rating BEFORE I signed a contract. I did it (type rating) while on LWOP (no contract signed and every intention of heading back to KAL when my LWOP finished). When CCL discovered I was in China doing this course they told me to return to work within 1 week. I said that I was granted 3 months LWOP and I was expecting my first child within 2 weeks. I would return or hand in my notice at the end of the LWOP. To cut a long story short, they got a debt collection agency in my home country to hound me. I ignored them and pointed out that I was constructively dismissed from my job. Also KAL owed me over 30 days leave (a point I had been bringing up with CCL for years - but they ignored..... I have the emails). Finally, when I was about to buy another house back home the bank told me they couldn't give me the money as there was a claim against me from the debt collection agency for #$#15,000. Because I has been with the same bank all my life, I gave them the story and they gave me the money. No problem. In the meantime I threatened the debt collection agency with legal action and they retracted the claim immediately. My point here is...... CCL are a bunch of criminals. They tried to clamp down on my credit rating when it stated clearly in their contract that any contract disagreements would be solved by the courts of the Isle of Mann (where they're based - and don't tell me that's not for their own benefit.....). In short.... I have been contracting for over 17 years. In that time I have come to realise that agents are scum...... no different than used car dealers or estate agents. They are a go-between..... they tell us what we want to hear, they tell the company we're working for someting different. When we sign on the dotted line and things are not as promised they run away. Trust me, I have promises IN WRITING from agents that are complete lies. Their attitude - so what, what are you going to do about it?

I now happily work for a flag carrier and am directly employed by the airline. No scumbag agents involved taking money for nothing.

pilot2927
20th Aug 2016, 08:48
How about VOR Holding?
Anyone have any experience with their service ?
Or any feedback?

pilot2927
22nd Aug 2016, 12:41
Any feedback on VOR Holding greatly appreciated

avoka
3rd Sep 2016, 04:16
Hi guys!
Does anybody here have any feedbacks in terms of FCI?
I'm so interested in either positives and negatives.
Please feel free for PM to me
Safe flights

TxRJdriver
14th Sep 2016, 03:23
Anybody have any info on Global Pilot Recruiting? Thanks

fly321
14th Sep 2016, 07:42
Hi guys,
Could someone give me some feedback, positive or/and negative aspects concerning the different recruitment pilot agency around the world ??
What about Parc Aviation or Longreach China ?
Which one is the best for the chinese contracts ?
Thanks for your precious feedbacks ....

blahfod
29th Sep 2016, 05:47
I can vouch for WASINC in China. Good service, generally prompt with requests and questions. However; a recruiter is not required. While the process is exhausting, a little research on this site as well as others should clarify the process from beginning to end. The recruiters are merely a middle man between you and the hr department. Depending on the airline, the HR department should be able to help you as much as any of the recruitment agencies can. Good Luck.

Jerry Scribbler
16th Nov 2016, 08:12
Has anybody got opinions on Contractair, Longreach, IASCO, and Smile-Aviation? I'm looking at a China-based contract and am not certain which of these would best suit my needs.

fatbus
16th Nov 2016, 08:39
Longreach , I have had some contact with and seemed above board. Claiming to have the pilots best interest ( at a cost) but peace of mind. Hainan and China Southern

22years
5th Dec 2016, 16:04
Actually working since 2 years in China. Longreach and Gabs are good. Definitely avoid Parc.

Issues with payments of training bonds and contract is basically illegal. Also tax issues and licence release are a big hurdle.

Pick the good ones...

peterporker
18th Dec 2016, 02:51
I am, or was, on contract with TransAsia Airways through Rishworth. On nov 21 TransAsia airways ceased operation. I am currently stranded in Taipei and have not yet received my November salary. Rishworth may come through for us but as each day passes without communication from rishworth or TransAsia my pessimism increases. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and rishworth will recovery my salary and get my wife and me airline travel home, but I doubt it. I will update as this progresses.

vlkyplky
23rd Dec 2016, 17:27
I am, or was, on contract with TransAsia Airways through Rishworth. On nov 21 TransAsia airways ceased operation. I am currently stranded in Taipei and have not yet received my November salary. Rishworth may come through for us but as each day passes without communication from rishworth or TransAsia my pessimism increases. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and rishworth will recovery my salary and get my wife and me airline travel home, but I doubt it. I will update as this progresses.
surprising or not so... you are employed by the agency not the actual airline. Put this simply RIL should have been insured again airline bankruptcy or offset this from their finances, giving you regular two months notice etc..? I know this sounds fair and from fantasy world but shouldnt be it this way?

TugaFly
1st Jan 2017, 13:34
Anyone with experience with Aviationcv or Rishworth contracts with ASIANA, which company do you recommend?

privatepilotantalya
13th Jan 2017, 14:13
I tried to read the whole thread but still confused with some stuff, can anybody tell me how much the agency take for their service , for example if I am interested in a contract with Cae Parc aviation in asia, will they take a monthy fee till my end of contract or there is a displacement fee or what exactly, and is there is any chance to be employed by company after getting a screening with the agency

Flappo
16th Jan 2017, 02:13
In some airlines there is such posibility - once you finish your current contract with the agency- of being hired directly with them, usually on local terms.

Regarding how much the agency takes from your salary....you won´t know. Agencies are being paid by the airlines and they will pay you according with your contract.
How much is paying the airline to the agency for your service....is quite difficult to know since the agencies doesn´t share this kind of information.

There is a tendency to forget that we pilots are not the clients but the airlines.

@TugaFly...for ASIANA I´d go with Parc.

ATH
19th Mar 2017, 04:06
Hi!
Does anybody have any new feedbacks in terms of FCI at VNA?!

ExpatPilotKAL
6th Apr 2017, 00:13
Korean air foreign pilots management has unilaterally modified the foreign pilots' contracts by a simple email yesterday. They are not allowing travel on your time off to any other destination than your designated base. Up until yesterday, your could request up to the day of travel, any destination the airlines flies to. Most of the foreign pilots working for KAL were attracted by the convenience of flexible scheduling and confirmed travel in and out of ICN to any destination on their network that they fly to at least twice weekly. It is specified black on white in the employment contract.

The salary at KAL is way less than the neighboring Chinese airlines. Most of the pilots at KAL decided to join the company for these scheduling perks instead of the money. Now these perks are disappearing. Decision are made unilaterally by foreign pilots management and contracts agencies do nothing but cashing their monthly 1000$ commission and answering the pilots emails by saying: We are very sorry to hear that. We hope a solution can be found soon.

Just wanted to warn any pilots in the process of joining the company. KAL is not the same as before and the contract can be modified overnight by a department with very poor managerial skills.

ExpatpilotKAL

JetpoweredMigrantWkr
24th Apr 2017, 12:59
Korean air foreign pilots management has unilaterally modified the foreign pilots' contracts by a simple email yesterday. They are not allowing travel on your time off to any other destination than your designated base. Up until yesterday, your could request up to the day of travel, any destination the airlines flies to. Most of the foreign pilots working for KAL were attracted by the convenience of flexible scheduling and confirmed travel in and out of ICN to any destination on their network that they fly to at least twice weekly. It is specified black on white in the employment contract.

The salary at KAL is way less than the neighboring Chinese airlines. Most of the pilots at KAL decided to join the company for these scheduling perks instead of the money. Now these perks are disappearing. Decision are made unilaterally by foreign pilots management and contracts agencies do nothing but cashing their monthly 1000$ commission and answering the pilots emails by saying: We are very sorry to hear that. We hope a solution can be found soon.

Just wanted to warn any pilots in the process of joining the company. KAL is not the same as before and the contract can be modified overnight by a department with very poor managerial skills.

ExpatpilotKAL

Thanks for the heads up!

italian stallion
7th Jun 2017, 18:47
Good, hopefully they remain off line...what a useless bunch

3Ten
25th Jun 2017, 14:20
Any insights on Quick Aviation with HNA?

Doppio
21st Jul 2017, 15:47

ExpatpilotKAL

Cheers! Ta for the info

Artshole
24th Jul 2017, 05:36
Fci ,

Shockingly bad ,

Offer less money than other brokers , poor support , limited knowledge of aviation .

Re vn , they do as vn tell them , make no attempt to represent the pilots interest .

clipperchef
5th Aug 2017, 09:25
I was with Rishworth, DPI and PARC in 3 different asian airlines.

Problems were somehow everywhere and the help was not really much. Most disappointing was PARC, they took just a copy of the chinese argument, no reflection on my problem at all. I have turned my back on them.

It is still a business issue. As a pilot we are just a small partner, easier to screw down than an big one with much more revenue making.

STW
19th Aug 2017, 03:32
Any first hand experience with this agency and willing to share ? Thnks

Wizofoz
21st Aug 2017, 04:06
These guys are advertising for 737 freight crews in China. Any idea who they are?

galdian
21st Aug 2017, 06:46
Hi Wiz
Give me a PM.

Cheers. :ok:

Nat Track
7th Sep 2017, 10:23

ExpatpilotKAL

Thanks for the heads up. Has there been any further developments to this and how are Rishworth responding to this? :ooh:

bombinha
7th Oct 2017, 08:53
Any input on Guangxin agency???

CharlieZogs
11th Oct 2017, 09:22
I recently asked both KAL management and my contract company for recent developments and received no answers...

bombinha
13th Oct 2017, 04:58
Is it too bad in China if you start the process with 2 agencies but than you pick the one that actually got you there??
I can explain better like you send your resume and paperwork to 2 or more agencies and always gonna have some that are faster and treat you better so when you finally come the time to start you pick the best.
Or you have to really start with one and hold on that one till the end???

UB6IB9
30th Oct 2017, 15:49
Anyone have first hand info on Longreach or VOR holdings or APAS, in regards to Chinese contracts? One agency in particular (I won't name them) takes an awful long time to respond to my emails. Makes me wonder how much support I'll get when I'm over there.....

Any insights or recommendations would be appreciated. PM's are welcome too

safelife
31st Oct 2017, 13:31
VOR = no support, ever

italian stallion
1st Nov 2017, 03:01
VOR absolutely useless, I just had dealings with Longreach for Xiamen Airlines and they been fantastic

rumbpilot
9th Nov 2017, 06:59
I noticed that vor holdings website is down except the home page, the page with job offers has been offline for days now... http://vorholdings.com/pilotjobs/

Manuel Reversion
14th Nov 2017, 21:57
I'm with longreach and I can say they have been very supportive in all areas. Jacqueline is awesome as far as support in china goes.
There will always be some areas that aren't perfect and you can't please everyone with certain aspects. But if you want a contract in china I would happly recommend, longreach will always do best to support .
Manuel

Sail
15th Nov 2017, 15:40
Pick wisely and if its run by pilots, even better.

BattSwitch
25th Nov 2017, 15:03
Anybody experience or advice regarding Smile aviation and Pilot movers?

Andrew7
17th Dec 2017, 14:33
Hi, I am looking for a new position in 2018 and considering China. There are so many agencies out there so are there any recommendations? A colleague of mine used a European Agency and nearly one year down the road he still hasn`t started with the Airline. Any advice would be appreciated. Tks

safelife
17th Dec 2017, 19:19
GAC by all means.

MajorLemond
6th Feb 2018, 07:53
CAE Parc in Vietnam.

Literally completely useless, rarely respond to email and zero support. My experience is once you sign a contract with them, you are unlikely to here from them again with the exception of spam newsletters.

Currently experiencing an on going, unresolved allowances dispute for >5 months (they refuse to Abide by the terms and conditions of the contract they presented us with and signed off on)

Maybe others have had a different experience in other countries, and I would enjoy saying something positive about them but unfortunately it’s not the case.

Steer well clear.

wingdeagle
8th Feb 2018, 11:16
CAE Parc in Vietnam.

Literally completely useless, rarely respond to email and zero support. My experience is once you sign a contract with them, you are unlikely to here from them again with the exception of spam newsletters.

Currently experiencing an on going, unresolved allowances dispute for >5 months (they refuse to Abide by the terms and conditions of the contract they presented us with and signed off on)

Maybe others have had a different experience in other countries, and I would enjoy saying something positive about them but unfortunately it’s not the case.

Steer well clear.

Completely agree with all you said. Parc used to be THE agency to go with, till CAE bought them. Now it's trash like most of them. No communication, open disputes and zero support. Stay away !!!

flypierre
15th Feb 2018, 09:43
Hi,

Anyone good agency for Xiamen Airlines ?

Thx

RockyMntAV8R
17th Feb 2018, 17:02
Sent an inquiry to Smile Aviation and APAS from their respective websites over a week ago. I wanted to get the information before the Lunar New Year. I have yet to hear from either agency. This type of non-service for a prospective pilot sends red flags soaring in my book. If you can't answer some basic questions as I try to enter contract I doubt they will be quick to respond to my needs while on contract. I have to say I was under contract with Rishworth several years ago and they were good to me. Communication was great and never late with payment. When contract was over all was handled very professionally.
For what its worth, my $.02.

FlexToga
16th Apr 2018, 21:07
Same here, avoid Parc Aviation by all means in Vietnam, I used to work for them for more than 5 years, now with the last representative ruling the operation in the country, the service has turn the worst one, when few years ago everyone agreed it was the best. Zero communication, zero support and zero caring about you. The pilot who represents the agency in Vietnam Airlines is another example of nothing more than to be careless except to fill up his pocket covering his ass with any kind of issue....

Alex85fly
27th Apr 2018, 09:41
In my opinion. Get a contract agency better in China. Even you choose the commuting options.

I join HNA via one agency(I cannot point their name) during the screenings procedures. My agency was fine. After I report to HNA. I need to sign the contract with HNA overseas directly. it means I finished with my agency.

If there is no agency help you. It is very difficult to....
Chinese phone number contract
Renting apartment
Dealing with Chinese people, especially the Chinese people from work in some particular situation.

Besides, not sure about the which agency is better. But in HNA, I heard PARC is not HNA's contract agency.

pezetaroi
17th May 2018, 15:27
I’ve been flying three years in Vietnam (VNA) with Rishworth. So far, so good, no complaints at all... Besides the fact that they do include the best medical insurance.

pilotxaq
3rd Dec 2018, 06:33
Quick question for anyone: A guy from a recruitment agency in China is asking me if the FAA can validate my total time and PIC hours. I have never heard of such a request, any CAA normally validates the licence, and indicates if there is any suspension or revocation, accidents or incidents, but never hours. A call to the FAA Airmen Records section also got the same answer.

I know your logbook is normally stamped by your current/last company as verification. Is there something I'm missing? Has anyone gotten the FAA to track their individual flight hours for verification of the CAAC request?

AlexEspana
14th Dec 2018, 20:36
'Which agency is better for Asiana, Rishworth or PARC?

Thanks.

Birdstrike737
17th Dec 2018, 10:50

Thanks.

Rishworth has a very mediocre reputation and Parc, forget about it. Parc does not do anything for pilots they don’t absolutely have to — Parc is out for Parc, and that’s it.

AlexEspana
21st Dec 2018, 15:39
Thank you both.

PhantomPilot
22nd Dec 2018, 01:01

Thanks.

I recommend APAS around Asia. Not exactly sure if they do Asiana but they have several listings around the area. They are located in Taiwan with offices abroad. Good service, never had a problem with them. Since the beginning they explain all the details of the contract and they are always available to you.

Asia Pacific Aviation Services Limited (http://www.apasnet.com/)

falconeasydriver
13th Jan 2019, 17:01
Looking at options and I may be on shakey ground, looking at the KAL contract. Can anyone advise, the salary quoted is it gross, or net of Korean tax etc? e.g. what do you get in your hands?

SW1
1st Feb 2019, 03:47
Has anyone used pilot movers?

A321drvr
11th Feb 2019, 21:09
Quick question Ladies and Gents: is it possible to apply to several companies in China at the same time? Thanks in advance. drvr

FlightDetent
12th Feb 2019, 16:30
Once you go for the medical or ATPL tests you are locked-in, the airline submits your application.

To save time, on your first visit you will be asked to take at least one of those in addition to the assesment SIM, which pretty much rules out parallel applications.

It might be possible to change later IF your handler manages to agree on it with them (not to join), or their interest is lost.

Emma Royds
18th Feb 2019, 04:00
Looking at options and I may be on shakey ground, looking at the KAL contract. Can anyone advise, the salary quoted is it gross, or net of Korean tax etc? e.g. what do you get in your hands?

It is net of Korean tax which in this case equates to 18.7 %. You get what the contract agencies quote.

Depending on the taxation agreement between South Korea and your home country will dictate how much tax you need to pay at home, if any.

FalseGS
23rd Feb 2019, 08:42
WRT China......
Just heard about nationwide reduction of salaries to compensate for the implementation of their new flight time limitations. Has anyone been contacted or intimated by their respective agencies about the planned reduction in pay and bonuses?
My prospective employer has a new pay matrix circulating around. They haven't made an official announcement yet, but looks like it's a go. Basically a 1k reduction in basic and 12% reduction on the safety bonus. There has been an increase on the OT rates. But back of the envelope calculations show a drop in overall compensation.

A321drvr
23rd Feb 2019, 11:47
Once you go for the medical or ATPL tests you are locked-in, the airline submits your application.

To save time, on your first visit you will be asked to take at least one of those in addition to the assesment SIM, which pretty much rules out parallel applications.

It might be possible to change later IF your handler manages to agree on it with them (not to join), or their interest is lost.

Thanks so much!

FlightDetent
23rd Feb 2019, 17:49
You can always try to have the assessment outside of China. If you are ex WOW feel free to PM me.

A321drvr
18th Apr 2019, 15:32
China is sadly out of the question as it seems, however in case of Vietnam Airlines which agency is the best? I got an invitation to submit by Rishworth, FCI, CAE and the rest of the lot.

Arewerunning
28th Apr 2019, 13:28
China is sadly out of the question as it seems, however in case of Vietnam Airlines which agency is the best? I got an invitation to submit by Rishworth, FCI, CAE and the rest of the lot.

For Vietnam Airlines I went with DirektAero. They are new, managed by pilots with great onshore (if you need to make tax declarations in Europe and want pension; circa 18,5 % total cost) or offshore (pretty standard) options. Further to this they offer LOL insurance with APPN at a good discount. You can contact them on Linkedin or try with crew4u.aero

yesbutnobut
15th May 2019, 13:17
Also interested in Vietnam. Anyone on the 787 with a contract other than 6 on 2 off? How negotiable is the roster? Anyone commuting from NZ? Which agencies to avoid? Feel free to pm me.

jpn crj driver
25th May 2019, 20:13
Hi Guys and Gals

Just a note about TWI Aviation... Have been with the agency for over 10 years and in Sep 2018 the ownership and Management changed... TWI Aviation is now owned by LongReach Avn... The New Manager also Manages IASCO and he and his team have made positive changes to the operation... Went thru a Contract Renewal at the first of the year and was the easiest and most productive of 3 renewals at IBEX... A good friend who is at SKYMARK thru IASCO has also been very happy with the Management team... When the Ownership transfer happened the Owner's of LongReach came out to J-land for a introduction and were very positive about bringing TWIA under their Brand... Both the Manager and Owners are pilots so they have a real understanding of issues of the driver... Anybody considering a contract in Japan I would recommend TWI Aviation/ IASCO if they are one of the of Agencies offering the position... Especially IBEX, they are now the BEST of the three...

Kampai, Jpncrjdriver

B38MFO
31st May 2019, 15:30
Greetings

I have read through most information about EVA and KAL using the search function in the forums.
I'm looking to find more up to date information, opinions, experience with preferred choice of agencies for EVA (Parc, Rishworth) and KAL (CCL, Rishworth, GAP) etc.

Currently 737 FO but looking for greener pastures in respect to life at home and the commuting of KAL appeals greatly to me.
Cant recall from where but heard KAL offer expat 737 FOs 777 after x months which could be nice as KAL serve my home city 5 times a week.

Feel free to PM.

Cheers

=========================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

cptNiemiec
7th Aug 2019, 10:27
Hi,

does someone have any recent experience with Longreach contracts in China ?
Im trying to choose between SmileAviation and
Longreach...
The thing is, one of them is trying to tell me that
they can’t provide 6/2 roster and the other one says
its possible. For the same company...this gives me
a lot of confusion.
thanks for any news!

Cheers!

Austro767
16th Aug 2019, 00:09
Hi there,

I have a basic question about agencies and taxes.
Do the agencies pay taxes and social taxes at the point where they are located, since you are a normal employee for them? E.g. Does Parc pay taxes in Irleand from your income?
I know it depends on where you reside and so on, but most of you are probably non resident in Ireland, and live somewhere else. Which in fact most Double Taxation Agreements say taxes must be paind in the country of emplyment then (so Ireland in Parc case).
So can someone give me an example how you do your taxes in detail?

Regards
Austro767

FlightDetent
16th Aug 2019, 16:31
The agencies try to pay as little taxes and no social contributions as possible. Exploring every loophole and actively creating some.

The really honest ones will give you answers.
The really good ones may have a system that actually works.

If anything is shady or debatable, the general concept is they do not pay and you get the penalty if foul play is called.

There is only one option, you get in touch with a licenced accountant of your own jurisdiction and pay them to research a tailored answer applicable to your personal circumstance.

Jetstreamer737
9th Sep 2019, 13:40
Planning my next move and wanting to get the best commute contract. Seems KAL and AJX both have pro's that interest me! Any advice on which agency is best to use for the 2 of them?

Ziller85
28th Oct 2019, 19:52
Hello everyone!

Anyone that has experience with GACpilots?!

Thanks a lot for any answer!

j.nips
18th Apr 2020, 07:44
I guess I'm not the only one who finds it ridiculous that the agencies are still advertising positions with airlines which are knowingly made redundancies and/or stopped hiring several months ago. Just today at least 4 posts came up on my LinkedIn wall about positions in Japan, Vietnam and also Europe. All were posted a few hours ago...

A321drvr
28th Apr 2020, 04:04
Agencies are all trying to build an up to date database of pilots. By applying to a position advertised through an agency the candidate adheres to a clause of not applying for the same position through a different agency. Just a plain simple competition between the usual suspects like Rishworth, CAE, Sigma, etc. Whether a real job is behind the advertised positions is yet to be seen, however most of them are only advertising as per their contract with the respective operators even though those operators stopped hiring, training, etc. until further notice. Also another thing is worth to mention: most Asian countries are banning entry of all foreigners making recruitment process extremely difficult, if not impossible. A Skype interview can only cover a part of the whole process, if any.

FlightDetent
21st Nov 2021, 07:50
The ill-famed agency strikes again.

Last and this year Spicy Chinese Air Lines have a policy of only paying 30% of the due salary during vacation time (holidays home) and later releasing the remaining 70% upon pilot's return to PRC. For those not coming back, all the missing money would be sent as a lump sum with the final settlement. This happened to quite a few pilots for varied reasons, times are not easy.

Somehow T.A.C.A.N. Racetracks delay that last payment for a few months, later claim they never received it. This finds the foreign pilot home with his work visa cancelled, 6-9 months after he had left the country. Emails sent to the Airline HR don't come back at all or just reply it's agency business. Getting a written confirmation whether or not the Airline transfered the owed part of the salary is impossible (Note: Cultural reasons here, no foul play from the airline).

Eventually via a network of honest acquaintances and (semi) legal advisors bank transfer records were obtained and T.A.C.A.N. Racetracks threatened. Cash came home, we're talking ~80k USD/pilot in the most extreme case. Substantial costs accrued along the way for the helping team and middlemen.