PDA

View Full Version : Does ATPL includes a Multi-IR ?

lowvaeater
6th Apr 2011, 12:31
Hello All,

A quick question about getting a Job in HKG based airline.

As many has listed both ATPL and valid Multi-IR as pre-requirment, I am just wondering doesn't ATPL includes Multi-IR? and if I can keep my type rated aircraft on the ATPL current, would that count my multi-IR as current?

Thanks for any input in advance.

SloppyJoe
6th Apr 2011, 12:56
So you are type rated with an ATPL and you are asking this question :ugh:

If you don't know the answer to this I expect you have a long way to go before you have an ATPL so I would not worry about it but yes if you are typed with an ATPL and stay current on that type your instrument rating stays current.

lowvaeater
6th Apr 2011, 13:56
Thanks for the clarification, just that a friend of mine did his type rating in Canada on A320 and converted it on Aussie ATPL, when he asked AHK about the requirement, they replied:

"Please note it is a pre-employment requirement that you hold a current CPL/ATPL including a valid Instrument Rating, Aircraft Rating and Proficiency Test."

Our understanding is that there is no way to hold an ATPL with valid type rating ie PC that doesn't include a valid IR. He asked AHK for clarification and got the above answer, so we thought valid IR and PC is a separate issue in HKG.

uhtsky
6th Apr 2011, 22:30
ATPL - 10 years (for HK license)
IR - 13 months after checking
PC - 6 months after checking (twice a year actualy)
Not only in HK but almost everywhere.