PDA

View Full Version : Roy Morgan poll reveals Qantas passengers satisfied

PPRuNeUser0198
6th Apr 2011, 11:04
QANTAS passengers remain very satisfied with the airline despite being hit with a series of airfare hikes, airline incidents and staff cuts.
Roy Morgan's latest International Airline Satisfaction report said 81 per cent of air travellers were "very satisfied" or "fairly satisfied" with the airline.

Qantas received a one per cent satisfaction increase and moved from seventh position in 2010 to fifth position with Thai Airways, who also received 81 per cent.

V Australia came out top in the Roy Morgan poll with 91 per cent of air traveller satisfied with their experience with the airline.

Air New Zealand – last year’s winner – was just edged out despite a 90 per cent satisfaction rating, followed by Singapore Airline with 89 per cent.
“V Australia is not only expanding its operations but also improving its customer satisfaction ratings,” Jane Ianniello, Roy Morgan Research International Director of Tourism, Travel & Leisure, said.

“The satisfaction rating for Qantas is nevertheless higher than the average for International airlines.”

The survey collated data from Australians over 14 years of age who had travelled internationally from July 2009 to January 2011.news.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/roy-morgan-poll-reveals-qantas-passengers-satisfied/story-e6frfq80-1226034642549)

stubby jumbo
6th Apr 2011, 11:15
Why is it......the only recognition we ever get are by external surveys etc.

NO ONE internally bothers to tell us anything, re: performance. It always "doom and gloom", you're all too expensive compared to SQ and EK, you're crap !:(

As been stated in other threads -Front Line Staff ( that includes Pilots) have been carrying this place on "good will" alone.

Thanks to all those who appreciate what we do.......

I'll be throwing this in front of my "manager" at the next KPI review:yuk:

apache
6th Apr 2011, 11:19
I'll be throwing this in front of my "manager" at the next KPI review

and in turn, he will take it to HIS boss, and they will slap each other on the back, toast each other with "well done old chap's" .... and secure an even bigger bonus for this year.

good plan!

Sonny Hammond
6th Apr 2011, 11:20
Keep up.

QF bought this to throw in the unions faces to prove no-one cares about your overpaid underworked members.

Passengers love QF's product and all the unions negative rhetoric has not swayed the publics opinion, QF missmanagement will sprout for all to hear....

After all, customer knows best.....

PPRuNeUser0182
6th Apr 2011, 11:29
Is this the same news.com.au which suggested today ~70% of people support the 'carbon' tax? (don't quote me, can't find the link, it was this morning):bored::ouch:

PPRuNeUser0198
6th Apr 2011, 11:49
Straight from Roy Morgan's (http://www.roymorgan.com/news/press-releases/2011/1309/) site...

http://www.roymorgan.com/roymorgan/library/l87026_8.jpg

piston broke again
6th Apr 2011, 11:57
So V aus is the best according to pax? Fair enough!

Anthill
6th Apr 2011, 12:09
So, a more appropriate heading for this thread might be 'Vaustralia tops poll in customer satisfaction stakes'.

apache
6th Apr 2011, 12:21
or.....
"Qantas comes 5th in a poll of SELECTIVELY questioned pax so as to not upset our advertising manager'

?

Baileys
6th Apr 2011, 14:02
I am sure if I searched enough or paid someone enough I would be able to find some "statistics" proving the exact opposite of any other "statistics" or poll.

Same old crap - don't believe a thing the main stream media prints.

Howard Hughes
6th Apr 2011, 14:12
Flew to the US two weeks ago with QF, the service was excellent, everything I expected and more, a job well done.:ok:

Jabawocky
7th Apr 2011, 01:06
for those who have not seen this before...... :ok:

3gMcZic1d4U

Capetonian
7th Apr 2011, 01:16
I've only flown QF 3 or 4 times which is probably not a sufficient sample for judgement, but I found their service to be well within the limits of what I consider acceptable, above average, and in Business particularly good although I was spoilt on one sector by flying QF to SIN and then SQ onwards, which does not show QF very favourably. Still much better than BA or CX on longhaul though.

I am sure if I searched enough or paid someone enough I would be able to find some "statistics" proving the exact opposite of any other "statistics" or poll.
As I always point out to a friend of mine who uses internet 'research' to 'prove' his point when everyone tells him he's wrong, I am sure if I put sufficient time and energy into it, I could find stuff out there to prove that the earth is flat and the moon made of green cheese.

hotnhigh
7th Apr 2011, 02:47
Of course qantas also surveyed passengers on Emitrates,etihad, singapore to ask them why they don't fly qf anymore. And ask why they are losing market share?:ugh::ugh:

OBNO
7th Apr 2011, 02:49
I'll tell you in one word -"Jetstar"