PDA

View Full Version : iPad App's

CokeZero
5th Apr 2011, 21:00
Boys and Toss Parker

Have just picked up an iPad and am interested in some app's for it. I'll take it all, games, productivity, utilities etc etc. What ones do you use and would recommend?

CZ

F_one
6th Apr 2011, 03:07
Try Goodreader for PDF docs. The CX FCOM's fits perfectly onto the screen. You can even make notes on the pages if you're really keen.

HKG Phooey
6th Apr 2011, 03:50
hope its an iPad2 :{

Cpt. Underpants
6th Apr 2011, 03:54
iCanFly app for iCadets who will have to wait 6 years for an upgrade?

iFlat app for skint iCadets who want to "play house", unable to afford the real thing?

iCareer app for all of who hark back to the "good old days"?

Take it away, boys...

Dream Land
6th Apr 2011, 03:58
Have to disagree with the previous poster, you can try for yourself, but Good Reader is terrible for big files like the FCOM, it will glitch and crash.

The good news is that Ibooks is free and works 100% better for the big PDF files, it's slow to open, but once open it's quick and stable, it's also a good app for your PPS files, like the ones from Airbus.

I use Azul to play video files that I find on the web.

Cheers, D.L.

Sand Man
6th Apr 2011, 04:16
Capt Undies
I assume you have downloaded iCanFly and iFlat onto your iPad for the iCadets to use during the flight. Don't see how an iCadet can afford an iPad for themselves.:}

On a serious note it would be nice if CX gave/loaned us an iPad/laptop to replace the paper manuals they no longer give us. CX are producing more CBT events during the year (tech quiz, manuals, RT/PC pre-reading, emerg refresher study etc) which are all done on our own time and saves them money so you would think an issued iPad/laptop would not be asking too much. Often the computers at CX City are busy and I ready don't want to spend more time there than I need to.

VR-HFX
6th Apr 2011, 05:00
iToss is a bit messy until you get the hang of it but a great app for ULH and for those socially challenged long sleevers.

Capt Toss Parker
6th Apr 2011, 05:13
I developed the iToss App for when I have to leave the cockpit to go to the bathroom.

I set it up on the center pedestal hit go and in my absence a virtual "me" pops up on the screen and starts abusing you with random questions & demands. All aviation related of course.

This way not one minute of negative training will be lost on a flight.

Another one I have is the talking hot dog app

Talking Hot Dog for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/talking-hot-dog/id415948560?mt=8)

I use this on overnights because no one wants to drink beer with me and I get lonely....... WILSON!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it's true : iToss :E

Cpt. Underpants
6th Apr 2011, 05:28
iDeny app for (mis)managers that cock up and want to deny responsibility?

iBonus for said managers to line their pockets before the cock-up is discovered?

iDoTime to while away the hours in prison after QC's have had their say?

sanook
6th Apr 2011, 07:32
I bought an Ipad 2 for my eldest daughter, an Ipod touch for my youngest and an Iron for my wife. Please visit me, I'm in the Matilda !

VR-HFX
6th Apr 2011, 07:44
Tossco

Just developed for your fleet is the iScream app. Allows you to get your message across without wear and tear on the vocal chords while keeping a close eye on ice cream inventory in the forward galley.

Of wider appeal is the iICapt app. This is for F/O's and S/O's when confronted with the iToss app.

Still under development for the AOA is the iPushback app. This has been a long time in the gestation after some early setbacks to the prototype. Hopefully it will be available within the next ten years.

CokeZero
6th Apr 2011, 09:10
Thanks all.

I have the new iPad4 - (not even Steve knows about this one) and have iBendover installed. Great app from the B777 fleet office.

I have Goodreader and PDF Reader installed - have worked with PDF reader for a few days now and it seems fine. Will start playing around with Goodreader. Has anyone tried the "Documents to go" app? Or the Apple Pages and Numbers app's?

Trying to find which ones would work better - have MS Office (Mac version) at home but not the iWork suite of programs.

ps. I hear that iSLS is coming out soon

TopTup
6th Apr 2011, 10:57
The BEST thread divergence.... EVER! Still laughing!!!! :D:D

Capt Toss Parker
6th Apr 2011, 19:13
http://www.imgplace.com/img852/6536/79itoss.th.jpg

99 Cents : iTunes App Store

iToss is the ultimate flying companion!

Ever wanted to be schooled by the Caribou guru but never had the chance? Well now you can thanks to iToss!

Get screamed at! Get abused! Have your background and experience insulted!

Once you activate iToss he just doesn't stop .... you'll be asked all kinds of stupid questions that have no relevance what so ever! Where are the ILS recievers? What brand of APU do we have? How many static wicks can you hide in your ass?

This games is interesting and highly addictive!

Banned in most airlines but available for the Hong Kong Market!

Compatible with most other Swire Applications ....

REVIEWS

"Cant fly without it"

"More abusive than my wife when I gave her herpes"

"Learnt the diameter of the gear pins ... pumped!"

"Took iToss to the bar and let him abuse the staff .... brilliant"

joebanana
7th Apr 2011, 07:01
Wow, at 99 cents even freighter pilots can afford it. :O

Thanks Toss, even if you are selling yourself short.

BOO-YAHHH
7th Apr 2011, 07:48
Introducing the iBrutus aka Cpt Bi-Polar

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n582/BOO-YAHHH/ibrutus-small.jpg

$0.99 : iTunes App Store

iBrutus isn't really a flying companion...he's more like 2, as he rolls out his favourite personality of the day!

The school bully is here in one easy app:

He's your best friend, He'll drink with you, He'll get laid with you...but look-out, for no apparent reason he'll just start screaming at you! He'll abuse you! He'll own your ass from the time you sign-on at the start of the week, to the time you sign-off at the end of it!

And while he smiles in your face, he will be shafting you making sure the level 2 lads, chums and buds are all cozy getting the cream off the top.

This game is interesting and highly addictive!

Banned in the real world, he is only available if you are willing to bend over and be shafted without using the KY.

REVIEWS

"When I fly with my iBrutus, it's just like going back to the good old days of 3 crew again"

"He's like partying with a bunch of mates...1's happy, 1's got the ****s, 1's a complete psycho, 1's drunk...the possibilities are endless"

"I thought he was going to teach me about aviation and the superb pilot that he is, but it was all a hoax...he taught me all about lying, cheating, cover-ups, and stealing from the hand that feeds me"

"When I took 5 Wan Chai ladies home, I didn't feel like I was alone and been taken advantage of...all of a sudden it was an orgy with all the personalities he brings"

CXtreme
7th Apr 2011, 14:58
iToss
Now that is brilliant :)

flyhardmo
7th Apr 2011, 15:47
Capt Toss that's brilliant:D

Icargofines app and Ibreachcontract app seems to have regular updates to maintain it's stability.