PDA

View Full Version : DGCA Situation

airbus197699
5th Apr 2011, 15:12
Evening All

I was wondering about DGCA situation in India, have heard alot via newspaper and tv channels about corruption, In way is good it is coming to end someway atleast.

Just need you guys expertise and advice, I have submitted my documents for conversion of Indian license (with A320 type rating and hours) in Feb 2011 and unable to get any update from them, I work outside country therefore unable to visit them nor call them frequently. Have heard that no lincese processing is going on and everything stop because of crime branch and vigilance team at site. So this means that DGCA not working on any documents irespective genuine cases also.

Somehow I tried to find out the status of license through web site but unable because link it directed to insert file no etc but somehow application date option not working so in the end no luck.

Any one has idea and suggestion, how to go about it, should I visit India will help ? How to get Indian license as earliest ?

Any thought please ?

Thank you for help !

Maverick 03
5th Apr 2011, 15:54
I just checked the status of my license (which has already been issued sometime back) and had no problems with it...I think u should check it again...

And about the processing, its true that a lot of investigations are being carried around at dgca but dgca is still processing all the licenses and evrything else..i mean their working hasn't stopped..

Now if u have submitted ur docs in feb, then u should have received ur license by now for sure....in my opinion u should try calling them and ask for ur license...if u r lucky enough, then they might give u some info or else i'm afraid u shall have to pay them a visit in person...

airbus197699
6th Apr 2011, 06:36
Thank you very much for kind help maverick 03.

Please correct if I am doing something incorrect, I went to DGCA web site and checked the link for license issue status. When I fill in all details like file number etc, there is options for application date I am afraid that box seems like de activated neither you can insert the date nor you can select.

I am happy atleast they have not stopped the process, still things are moving.

If anyone has other thought please share.

Regards

Maverick 03
6th Apr 2011, 07:42
oh man now that can be a cause of worry....coz if its showing nothing in the "date box", then it can mean that they haven't even picked up ur file yet...i mean they haven't initiated the processing of ur file....

now this is what usually happens...but other optimist view can be that they sometimes don't bother to update the file status or rather forget :ugh:(which i must say is slightly unusual)

Wat i suggest is that either u try to contact someone real soon and get some info about ur file or as i said earlier...pay them a visit..

all d very best!!

airbus197699
6th Apr 2011, 07:54
Thank again Maverick 03, strange almost 2 months but no update.

Can you help me to get DGCA direct licensing department contact numbers so that I will keep trying from here or the last I will send someone to visit them.

Regards

cyrilroy21
6th Apr 2011, 08:01
@airbus197699

The person responsible for processing licensing requests is Deputy Director
Ashutosh Vasishtha

His phone numbers as per the dgca website is as follows

011(area code)-24653104 EXt : 308

vivekh
6th Apr 2011, 08:25
airbus197699 - I'm very much in the same boat as you. I submitted documents on the 18th of Feb at the DGCA personally. No news yet. A colleague (who submitted docs along with me) personally visited the DGCA on Monday (4th April) and was told that the CBI is investigating all existing licenses for validity and has halted all new license issuance. He was bluntly told not to expect our licenses until May/June and that our document folders were not so much as even opened, leave alone processed.

Basically now there is little we can do apart from wait. Like you, I too check daily on the online status page at the DGCA for my license status, but to no avail.

It's a case of extremely bad timing. I've already missed out on so many opportunities and I'm certain i'll be missing out quite a few more.

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

airbus197699
6th Apr 2011, 08:53
Thank you Vivekh and Cyrilroy.

I understand alot of openings coming up in Indian aviation and I think this is something not in our control. In the end, genuine cases getting hamperred and delay.

I am sure in such situation we will not get any update from DGCA, appreciate if all shared there experience if they are in same boat like me and vivekh, atleast we all will get some update from each other.

Cheers.

Regards

ayush konisetty
6th Apr 2011, 10:35
Am sorry if am deviating from the thread but can you please share your views on A320 type rating and where you people have done it from?

regards
Ayush

Maverick 03
6th Apr 2011, 11:00
that's a real shame...honest people suffering because of some stupid nuts.

alouette3
6th Apr 2011, 13:52
Maverick,
Would you care to define "some stupid nuts"? Is it the pilots who paid millions and got a fake mark sheet? Or is it theDGCA for allowing that to happen? Or is it the airlines who hired these pilots and could not drill down to the level of competence until the nose wheel landings began? Or is it the all pervasive culture in India where the "end justifies the means"?

Alt3.

avionimc
7th Apr 2011, 06:37
Or is it the all pervasive culture in India where the "end justifies the means"?

IMO it is a combination of all of the above. Parents paying bribes and pushing their children to become airline pilots (they see and understand only the future golden stripes on their kids shoulders); children who are not otherwise interested in aviation but do not want to disappoint their parents, just like most kids here do not question their future spouse or wedding arranged by their parents. DGCA and airline officials who cannot refuse a bribe from, or cannot refuse a favor to, an influential parent or other person of influence. Etc.

In addition to the “cockpit gradient”, there is also a huge “society gradient”.

Result: incompetent pilots, substandard flight ops and hopeless civil aviation authority.

Someone once told me: “If I would have been told in advance what I was about to see as far as aviation is concerned, I would not have believed it”!

Vinay1234
7th Apr 2011, 13:29
I also applied for a license issuance in 3rd week of Feb 2011. After about 20 days, the site started to show the details and - 'UNDER PROCESS', but below that it also shows- shortfall (s), if any, in application are as follows:Mentioning shortfall in Knowledge Flag, Experience Flag, Skill Flag and Flying Flag, whereas none of these have been ticked to show which one is the problem.
Is anyone else getting this type of message, or if someone could suggest what action should I take in this situation. The phone numbers of Licensing are always unreachable.
Thanks for the advice in advance....:O

airbus197699
7th Apr 2011, 13:43
Hi Vinay 1234, seems like there is some serious problem in DGCA interms of controlling all documentation, unfortunate I am away from country so unable to know exact situation, I think it will be good if someone locally visit the DGCA office..........or the guys help eachother through PPRUNE to know the real situation.

Good luck

Maverick 03
7th Apr 2011, 16:11
@vinay

I had the same situation when I had applied for my license...I went to dgca and enquired about it and it was found that this was a computer error and my application was complete....i.e. all requirements were complete...........
this happens sometimes....

According to me u should also go and check in the dgca office......but since in the above posts it is mentioned that they are not processing the files...then maybe u should wait for sometim.......but at the end its ur call......but the good news for u is that ur file has been opened and is definitely under process:ok:

Vinay1234
20th Apr 2011, 10:12
The status on the DGCA Site is not changing for more than 1 month now - still says 'under process'. Does anyone have the contact number of Pilot licensing cell at HQ -opposite Safdarjund Airport? The no. 24622495, then extension 308 or 407 are not being picked at all :ugh:
The latest circular says not to inquire before 30 days for license issuance but in my case it is already double of that!
Any help:bored:

teja.aluri
20th Apr 2011, 19:51
Dear mates,

Looking at your issues of delay in getting Licences issued, i would like to suggest you people about the RTI(Right of Information Act) which is a good solution in cases of delayed process in file movement in Govt office, where mostly meticulous reply are made by the officer , usually higher in rank receive your letter and are involved to sort out and dispose the case of in max 30 to 35 days and are time bound to reply. where u have problem in solving it over telephone or long distant to pat the officers daily.

It is very effective, give you my personal experience,I along with a friend(cyril) made an rti application and i received my RT licence (from WPC) in under 40 days from the date of submission and never called them or step out of house for any thing in connection to it except to post RTI application.

The reason RTI is effective because the concerned officer is accountable for the information which he gives to the applicant and the applicant has rights to appeal it with more superior officers and if you think this didn't work well with DGCA, you have the right to appeal with CIC (Central Information commission) which is a Independence body serving for Govt of India which also has powers to direct Anti corruption and Vigilance departments. In addition to that believe or not you also has an option to demand penalty for the delay if you prove it(i guess it is upto Rs25000/-)

I hope this information would be helpful to you, who are looking for a different approach.

More details could be found regarding RTI on DGCA website under ABOUT DGCA tab.

Roughly it cost you Rs10/-(postal draft accepted) to make a query in RTI and you need to mention your details like your name, file number, date of submission and you could ask for status, reason for delay, expected date of dispatch or any things similar which you wish to know. You can feel free to ask what ever you feel like in connection to your case.

Regards
TeJa :ok:

divinesoul
20th Apr 2011, 22:04
http://http://ibnlive.in.com/news/nepotism-rife-at-dgca-vyalar-plays-blame-game/149695-3.html:ok:

Capt.Raghav
2nd May 2011, 06:33
he guys !! im one among the ppl in the same boat .... waiting waiting an waiting for updates regarding the licence status .... even the application date drop down box is not active when i search for my licence status which means that my application is not yet opened .... :bored: the media ppl have done gud job in bringing the fake stuff into lime light .... y dont they bring this issue as well for the sake of ppl like us wasting all oppurtunities of job application .... can any help be rendered by the media ppl in questioning DGCA on our behalf ?
what shud be done from our part in that case.... its been about three months and no updates .... :ugh: