PDA

View Full Version : UK Bribery Act and Business Aviation

Daifly
5th Apr 2011, 14:25
I'm not sure if I missed this being discussed on here previously, but having reviewed the Act's main points this afternoon I am somewhat stunned at how we are all supposed to deal with the requirements and comply with the law.

Firstly, have a read:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/docs/bribery-act-2010-quick-start-guide.pdf

Secondly, tell me how we can ever use a Flight Support company to get us a permit at 1am on a Saturday morning for Algeria, how we can ever take an Aviation Lawyer out for dinner, how we can entertain brokers who are handling large accounts (particularly Government ones (Air Partner, you're never getting invited to another party again!!)) or, basically, anything that keeps our industry running without risk assessing it, recording it, monitoring it and building up a defence for it in case we are prosecuted.

This isn't intended to be yet another Daily Mail rant, but what the f*ck is going on in the UK now - Orwell had it right, just got the date wrong.

Answers and thoughts about whether I am overegging it please...

Phil Brockwell
5th Apr 2011, 15:31
Probably worth setting up a Dubai office - having it run by a patsy that won't rock the boat and chanelling all your "expenses" through there! ;)

PB

His dudeness
5th Apr 2011, 16:47
Well, not an UK citizen, but in Germany there is roughly the same law being introduced. Our refuellers/rampies get left over catering, they have to report that to their superiors every time.

Always nice when something like this act comes from politicians who have no hesitation to accept large amounts of money during campaning from interested parties.
THAT of course is not bribery, but a vital instrument in a democraties (voting) system.

I canīt eat as much stuff as Iīd like to vomit....

clunckdriver
5th Apr 2011, 17:20
Reminds me of a joke going the rounds over here during our election. "Dad, I think I will go into organised crime", "Sounds OK to me son, will you be in the private sector or Government?"

LGW Vulture
5th Apr 2011, 21:38
Law Abiding and Business Aviation in the same sentence? Aw come on, it wouldnīt be fun would it?

HyFlyer
15th Apr 2011, 03:21
If ever proof was needed, this law provides it, that the political body of the country is no longer connected to the planet but drifting off into space....

I guess we can all expect UK government dealings around the world to now operate to the same moral base.......as they impose on the rest...devoid of even the merest whiff of sordid reality.......

what a cynical old Hector they are turning me into......

I do believe the next law is going to ban masturbation or thinking bad thoughts when looking at page 3 girls.....or maybe just that the tides will stop.......

I think we can call this law the King Canute tidal policy Bill for all the real world practical good or effect it will have.