PDA

View Full Version : Salary for nigerian local pilots

Naruto pilot
4th Apr 2011, 18:46
Dear all,

am a Nigerian who is very interested in becoming a helicopter.I have done my research as per the the lifestyle of a helicopter pilot and the typical payscales.
However, no where have i seen salaries for Nigerian Local pilots working for Caverton and Bristow quoted.
as i would like to follow this as a career path,having saved up enough cash to attend Bristow academy this year,i would like to know the pay scale for a nigerian national Co pilot, Sfo and captain working for Bristow and Caverton
i would really appreciate a response from everyone!!!! Thanks!!!!!!

Ascend Charlie
5th Apr 2011, 02:20
Interesting that a Nigerian needs a job. All the Nigerians I have had contact with had US$29 million they wanted to give to me.:8

griffothefog
5th Apr 2011, 02:29
Twirl around as fast as you can with your arms out and as you reach maximum RPM, slowly raise your arms upwards..... If you get airborne, people will throw money at you :E

Ludolf
5th Apr 2011, 06:17
Ha ha ha:D

Art of flight
5th Apr 2011, 07:17
I think the guys are pointing out that you missed the word 'pilot' after helicopter and the proliferation of 'scams' originating from Nigeria.

The answer to your post is to simply phone those companies and ask.

Why on earth would you want to throw your money at a career/job when you have no idea of how much you will get in return?

vaibronco
5th Apr 2011, 07:21
Naruto, read from the first post, the thread

http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/145176-whats-new-w-africa-nigeria.html

then follow Art of Flying advise.

Sensei madara
5th Apr 2011, 12:59
Has anyone got info about the payscale.. i have jus concluded my program and i'm headed home to Nigeria.. I'm very interested in this info. somebody help plz:ok:

Thomas coupling
5th Apr 2011, 17:24
Oh dear........................

Sensei, we need a little more info please? What are your helicopter qualifications?

Naruto: come back when you pass your exams and ask again.

Naruto pilot
5th Apr 2011, 21:40
Vaibronco,

I've been through the thread but the figures aren't stated.
If anyone out there has the figures I would be very grateful!
Its my dream to fly helicopters!

vaibronco
6th Apr 2011, 09:30
...I would like to know your age.
Naruto, I didn't mean you would have found the figures there.
If your uncle is somebody like babanghida or mr Leno Oil or abacha or whaever is in charge now, go and tell him you want to be a pilot.
Otherwise, first of all you have to know this world, the people, the job, then maybe you can enter, but maybe from the service door or from the window, not from the main entrance and with a red carpet.
Meet people, don't serve yourself on a silver plater, ready to be eaten here.

Epiphany
6th Apr 2011, 10:22
I know someone who can definitely get you a job in Nigeria. Pay is beyond your wildest dreams. First I need to know if you are genuine. Therefore I require you to deposit a trifling sum of say.... £10,000 into my bank account as a gesture of good faith (this will be repaid with your first salary payment). Once your credentials have been verified I will be in touch. PM me for my offshore account details.

Thomas coupling
6th Apr 2011, 14:11
I can get you an ATPL(H) too. It will be for day VFR single engine (2 stroke), doors off, but its hot over there so don't worry too much about the doors thing.
I need a deposit of £1000 paid into my account to secure your place in the queueplease.

Ready2Fly
6th Apr 2011, 14:59
TC,

Epiphany's quote is a bit too high so i prefer your offer. Can you send me your account details please? Looking forward to hearing from you.

;)

rancid
7th Apr 2011, 18:15
keh keh keh...:D