PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating outside only if the aircraft is not available in India for Indian Pilots.

stiffy_pro
4th Apr 2011, 15:51
DGCA is introducing norms to allow type rating of pilots outside only if the aircraft is not available in India. A pilot has to go for type rating to fly a certain kind of aircraft that requires additional training on that particular aircraft.

“And, we are going to allow people to go abroad for type rating only if that particular aircraft model is not available in India. Otherwise, they will have to do it in India,” Bhusan said.
Check out the link
DGCA to introduce skill test for CPL holders from abroad (http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/dgca-to-introduce-skill-test-for-cpl-holdersabroad/430877/)

stiffy_pro
4th Apr 2011, 15:55
This is pretty serious because as of now there is only one operating TRTO in India and that is of NACIL's (Indian Airlines) in Hyderabad with a long waiting time at a cost of whooping 22.5 lakhs.

cyrilroy21
4th Apr 2011, 16:27
I really hope this is limited for type rating only and not for conversion of CPL :eek:

Maverick 03
5th Apr 2011, 03:59
Would like to add the CAE Bagalore as another TRTO in India because now one doesn't need to give the DGCA Technical exam for the aircraft type after completing their TR from Bangalore.

And that NACIL is one hell of a nightmare.

Yeah its not such a good news for us.

ashish_pilote
5th Apr 2011, 07:34
Crazy !!!:ugh:

rahulred5
5th Apr 2011, 07:48
Ridiculous bull$hit.

Nothing but a money grabbing scheme by the pos dgca. The idiots in that bureaucratic mess need to be fired. What next ? No Indian pilots allowed to go abroad for flight training ?

They really need to concentrate their efforts on more important safety issues than trying to make things tougher and tougher for GENUINE pilots with GENUINE licenses not easier for fakes.

jackcarls0n
5th Apr 2011, 09:37
It does seem ridiculous. Though most of the people who were caught in the fraud were the ones who did training in India. But its a desperate measure to fix the issue. Well, everyone knows in India, no matter how many rules you make, they is always a way to bend it or break it.

The only way to fix it is too take care of the corrupt officials.

And a skill test can be conducted by the Flying Clubs in india not necessarily a TRTO.

harsh786techy
5th Apr 2011, 10:12
:=Folks i think the aviation author of the Bussiness standards lack aviation knowledge.

In Forum "Indian vacancy Information" a similar misunderstanding was created.

I think he is using TYPE RATING as a general term and not the actuall meaning.

The only thing bharat bhushan has said is that all conversion of CPL will be subjected to a skill test in india which was not there before. Before a skill test done outside india was accepted. Now there will be a skill test done in India.

Which i think is only going to INCREASE the CONVERSION PERIOD.

VIMANMAN
5th Apr 2011, 12:28
Whos is going to do the Skill test?????????

A DGCA appointed so called "examiner"

And..........Another avenue for corruption opens.....

One door closes....another opens.....

Its a beautiful thing......

sam8808
5th Apr 2011, 15:51
Great just great. So DGCA has decided to simplify the procedure to take exams but everything else more complicated? Can someone please tell Bharat Bhushan he's not on the right track!

If this is true, anyone have any idea when these changes might take effect?

Really hope the author has got his article very very wrong.

A69
5th Apr 2011, 17:36
Skill Test for foreign license holder? WTF!
This is Bull****!
If anyone should be made to do skill tests, it should be the ones who have obtained the training in India itself. Then they will know what over logging does.:mad:

itsbrokenagain
6th Apr 2011, 01:28
A69 a skill test is the normal ICAO thing in the rest of the world if you want to convert your licenses. In the USA I went from a jet to a C172, then a PA44 to get a PPL, CPL and ATP... I also have done this in other countries to convert my license.

Apart from the inherent issues of corruption and incompetence in India it should be a no issue for any competent Pilot once these 2 obstacles are overcome.

A69
6th Apr 2011, 05:52
@itbrokenagain - It is not an issue. I don't object to the skill test. But the statement from Mr. Bhushan comes in contrast to the current con-job pilots.

What about those who have already converted their foreign licenses without a skill test?

av8r76
7th Apr 2011, 02:15
If my interpretation of this ignorant reporter's terminology is right, I believe CAE has pulled off a coup by greasing the palms of DGCA crooks by ensuring that all TR's for NG and the Bus are done with them. You guys think the TRs outside were expensive? Wait till the monopoly for CAE BLR artificially hikes up the price for securing that ever elusive job.
Wow, being an Indian wannabe really sucks right now. The screws are tightening on Indian pilots. What a dump!!!!!

yash
7th Apr 2011, 04:43
is there any circular for the same on DGCA's website ?

Udaan
9th Apr 2011, 06:22
Went to DGCA regarding this and they didn't have any clue about it, but they said if Bhusan sir has really given such statement then there will be a draft first then comments on that draft and finally amendment so overall it won't be anything less than 6 month. In short he told me that they will stop issuing the NOC the day this rule come in to the power.

itsbrokenagain
9th Apr 2011, 06:48
Why doesnt someone start a campaign to get ride of this colonial era NOC thing... it is by far one of Indias most bizarre and controlling pieces of paper I have ever seen.

Why do you have to ask for permission to spend money, sometimes your own money, on a type rating at a approved school with a approved examiner, and then each year you want to do a renewal you have to ask for another NOC....

If someone can explain to me why India is the only country with this and the logic behind it I am open ears.

A69
9th Apr 2011, 09:04
Why doesnt someone start a campaign to get ride of this colonial era NOC thing... it is by far one of Indias most bizarre and controlling pieces of paper I have ever seen.

Why do you have to ask for permission to spend money, sometimes your own money, on a type rating at a approved school with a approved examiner, and then each year you want to do a renewal you have to ask for another NOC....

If someone can explain to me why India is the only country with this and the logic behind it I am open ears.

+1 and also add the attestation **** to that.

Gulfstreamaviator
9th Apr 2011, 09:10
you need an NOC to get an NOC in UAE....

and it needs attestation, or summit similar...

and it expires (This is not written on the NOC).

glf