PDA

View Full Version : Any Links to Listen to Indian RT like Liveatc.net?

guitarboy
4th Apr 2011, 09:15
Hi guys, are there any links or is there any way to listen to Indian Radiotelephony of various airports in India?

LiveATC is awesome but i would like to know a more India Specific Radio Network if any.

Thanks

A69
4th Apr 2011, 12:36
Don't think there is any online source to listen to ATC's in India. One only wishes General Aviation was developed in our country to have things like this in place.

weido_salt
4th Apr 2011, 13:24
Would make interesting listening at times I assure you.

By and large the controllers in India do a quite a good job. Where some of them don't do themselves any favours is when they talk too fast and having to repeat themselves. Another reason the frequencies are clogged up is pilots insist on calling in and requesting, in some cases demanding level changes etc., when the controllers are busy. In my time down there I was for ever asking F/O's to wait a reasonable period for the controller to get back to us for a level change or whatever.

DAft
4th Apr 2011, 13:43
You can thank the Indian Wireless Act of 1933 (yes, 1933).

It is illegal to OWN a radio capable of receiving Airport transmissions. ("no person shall possess wireless telegraphy apparatus except under and in accordance with a licence issued under this Act")

sec 3
4th Apr 2011, 13:48
Theres gotta be a way for all those 'pilots' with fake licences to learn how to talk on the radio!!:E

sam8808
4th Apr 2011, 16:28
Wow so its illegal to own a portable VHF receiver/transmitter in India? Thats surprising, seeing that these things are sold online in places like US and Australia.

("no person shall possess wireless telegraphy apparatus except under and in accordance with a licence issued under this Act")

Does "a licence issued under this Act" include RTR?