PDA

View Full Version : Study Matierial- ATPL(Metereology)

hawaijahaj
3rd Apr 2011, 07:48
Guys do you know where to study for the DGCA ATPL exam for Metereology ?
Is I.C Joshi enough ?? Pour In.....:ok::ok::ok:

bayblade
3rd Apr 2011, 11:55
the met questions in CPLCG exams this time were not from IC joshi. out of perhap 12 questions only 2 were from ic joshi.
try refering to some other books as well.

hawaijahaj
3rd Apr 2011, 12:27
Man I'm talking about ATPLG not CPLCG......

bayblade
3rd Apr 2011, 12:33
if the book wasn't very resourceful for cpl exam what does that tell you?
i was merely suggesting you look out for other books too.
ATPL is btw much more vast than CPL.

hawaijahaj
3rd Apr 2011, 13:10
Well I know ATPL is much more vast than CPL coz I'm givin it. And you cant judge with mere 10-15 questions of CPLCG that IC joshi is important or not. I was just asking if someone could suggest me some other book which is in detail.:)

3443 nautical miles
3rd Apr 2011, 16:14
@hawaijahaj (http://www.pprune.org/members/346055-hawaijahaj)

are you working with any airline or are you a CPL holder with multi?
I am asking this because I also want to give ATPL exam but I was told that you need some kind of certificate from airline :ugh:
can you please list the documents which we have to submit for attempting ATPL exam
for study you can go for oxford I think if you are already done with ic joshi

planeboy_777
3rd Apr 2011, 16:58
you only need an Ground training Certificate from DGCA appproved ''ATPL''(not to CPL) Ground school.
1)you should be an ailine pilot
2)IGRUA provides that kind of certificate.

my friends application got rejected in this previous attempt, upon appealing they said they need the above needfull documents.

Aviator4u
3rd Apr 2011, 17:35
@planeboy_777
dude u js need ME endorsement on your CPL. I wrote ATPL exams last time.
@hawaijahaj-
IC Joshi is sufficient if you go through it thoroughly. I cleared my met ATPL last attempt and all i studied was this book. Ofcourse you wont get every question dittoed and u might need to apply brains in some questions but this book is quite good in clearing your concepts. wd strongly recommend it.

yash
3rd Apr 2011, 17:56
hey guys even i have applied for the april attempt for the ATPL exam , i hope i get my roll no , please clear some of my doubts _

1. How much extra do we need to cover compared to CPL exams ?
2. Do they ask Station model in the Met exam?
3. Do they ask Multi leg CP/PNR ?

hawaijahaj
3rd Apr 2011, 18:53
@3443 nautical miles - dude the rule has been changed recently if you check out the new CARs updated on the DGCA website and the new exam form as well. Yess I am a CPL holder with multi engine rating. And now we can give these exams.:ok::ok:

3443 nautical miles
3rd Apr 2011, 20:25
Thank a lot everyone :)
Just wanted to conform ......as per new form we don’t have to submit any document except CPL and logbook copy ( I mean no annexure, ground certificate ,12th mark sheet) ????

hawaijahaj
4th Apr 2011, 04:46
@3443 - you don't even have to submit the logbook copy , that's for the defense personnel. Only attested CPL copy with multi engine rating.:ok::ok:

guitarboy
4th Apr 2011, 09:12
Hey guys. can you also help out on what books / questions / study material to use for ATPL NAV and Radio aids. Also if anyone can give an idea of what to expect in the ORAL exams of the above?

Any info would be great. thanks

planeboy_777
13th Apr 2011, 04:37
Guys we are discussing some other topic right here....lets go back and discuss whats aske in post #1...i still haven't got hand of the question bank from which they are asking. The questions are sure not from OXFORD or JAA question bank......

3443 nautical miles
25th Apr 2011, 13:22
did you guys get the roll no ..... because one of my friend didn't