PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got XP Tablet edition media?

Mike-Bracknell
1st Apr 2011, 08:53
I'm having the day from hell.

Customer asks for a tablet PC, so I give them the specs of a Fujitsu T900 from one of our disties and I field calls from the customer about spec stuff. It is light, has enough USB ports and has XP tablet edition so they umm and ahh about it until today when they say they'll buy it.

Great, says I, and gets on the phone to the disty, where they say "sorry sir, it looks like the T900 is EOL, how about a T901?". I pass this back to the customer who says "ok the spec looks alright but it says it's only "compatible" with XP tablet, not that it comes with it....oh and we must have it here running for Monday with XP tablet on it.

(This is after me spending a year and a half telling them that XP is becoming rocking-horse and that they'd better invest some money making their bespoke software run on Win7).

Anyway, so the last option is to buy the T901 anyway, and then retro-install XP tablet edition. However, I have license keys but no media CDs.

Hence, does any kind soul have an XP tablet media CD they can make an ISO image of and put somewhere I can download?

Ancient Observer
2nd Apr 2011, 11:29
As Mike is so good to us ignorants, I thought I'd bump his question.

muppetbum
2nd Apr 2011, 14:48
I have windows XP tablet running on an old Toshiba satellite tablet.

I think though it came preinstalled as an OEM version though , so no install cds or anything.

If you can PM me instructions I can have a go for you. I'm reasonably competent and good at following instructions :)

Mike-Bracknell
3rd Apr 2011, 08:53
Thanks guys but following a PM I now have a copy :)

(also you couldn't make a copy from a preinstalled version i'm afraid)