PDA

View Full Version : Purchases at the iTunes Store

Chuchinchow
31st Mar 2011, 17:19
I recently splashed out and bought a new iPod Classic, which was a replacement for a model that could best be described as superannuated. The old one was deauthorised and given to a charity shop.

My problem is that I cannot download any of my purchases made over the years from the iTunes Store onto my otherwise all-singing, all-dancing new iPod Classic.

The iTunes help staff do not appear to be able to offer a solution to the problem. Perhaps some knowledgeable PPRuNer could help me, please? There are ~£1,000-worth of downloads at stake!

M.Mouse
31st Mar 2011, 18:14
Can you be more specific about how the problem manifests itself when you try?

Chuchinchow
31st Mar 2011, 18:31
I simply cannot find a way to download my purchases.

I have tried following the instructions contained in Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1535) but to no avail. There does not appear to be a help bulletin that reflects my problem.

M.Mouse
31st Mar 2011, 19:18
When I open iTunes on the left hand menu is sub-heading called STORE and under that is PURCHASED. Showing all my purchased tracks.

Do you not have that?

mixture
31st Mar 2011, 19:26
How did you deauthorise your iPod, you may have inadvertedly deauthorised your computer instead.

mixture
31st Mar 2011, 19:48
ASFKAP,

No. Let this serve as a warning for people who don't do backups !

M.Mouse
31st Mar 2011, 20:04
You get none of this stress if you fill your ipod with the special 'non revenue' internet versions of your favourite tracks

Correct of course. Thieving is so easy these days.

Booglebox
3rd Apr 2011, 19:24
Deauthorised computer for sure.

Chuchinchow
12th Apr 2011, 08:33
Thanks to all who offered assistance and advice with this problem.

I contacted iTunes, which eventually agreed to re-release all the tracks I had "purchased" over the years.

All iTunes content has now been safely backed up on an external hard drive!

Again, many thanks.

CCC