PDA

View Full Version : Type rating dilemma

VT139
31st Mar 2011, 17:17
hello guyz...

dis is one f ur fellow pilots.
first f all i must thank congratulate and thank everybody 4 d wonderful help dey r providing 2 d pilot community.

now....my question is considering d present scenario..one must go 4 type rating or not???
i dont hav much money....and i hav grown sick f people sayin tht u hav wasted ur fathers precious 25 lakhs....i dont want 2 change tht figure to 50 lakhs..

bt r d prospects really bright enough tht its worth taking d risk??
pls help out guyz...m sure many f us r facing d same dilemma right now...

wil b all d more grateful...thanks...waiting for ur career definig guidance..

sec 3
31st Mar 2011, 17:34
you probably won't get a job anyway. either you're too lazy or too stupid to spell properly!:confused:

sunny441
31st Mar 2011, 17:35
hello guyz...

dis is one f ur fellow pilots.
first f all i must thank congratulate and thank everybody 4 d wonderful help dey r providing 2 d pilot community.

now....my question is considering d present scenario..one must go 4 type rating or not???
i dont hav much money....and i hav grown sick f people sayin tht u hav wasted ur fathers precious 25 lakhs....i dont want 2 change tht figure to 50 lakhs..

bt r d prospects really bright enough tht its worth taking d risk??
pls help out guyz...m sure many f us r facing d same dilemma right now...

wil b all d more grateful...thanks...waiting for ur career definig guidance..
If I were you - I would invest that money in a professional writing class or some sort of basic English class. Alternatively I would also recommend taking some computer classes to learn how to use spell-check.

This could possibly help you come off as a professional and land you a job without having to spend on that type rating.

Cheers!:ok:

VT139
31st Mar 2011, 17:40
sorry guys....i will keep this in mind now onwards...wont happen again

now can you please help me out....badly need it

sunny441
31st Mar 2011, 17:43
OK. Thanks. This type rating debate is like flogging a dead horse. It has been discussed many times over on this message board. If you do a search or browse the forum you are more than likely to find your answer.

Cheers and good luck.:ok:

A69
31st Mar 2011, 17:49
A "type" rating is what you need. Pun forced and intended. :O

On a serious note i second sunny441. It is a gamble that not everyone can be lucky with. As simple as that.

pier39lab
31st Mar 2011, 18:36
sorry guys....i will keep this in mind now onwards...wont happen again

now can you please help me out....badly need it Firstly, I'm disregarding your English writing skills!
Secondly, you must understand that Industry Aviation is extremely volatile and I'm sure you knew the perils associated before you even signed the agreement and said "I'm going ahead with my flight training, whatever the hell!" (if you didn't, then you should now know)
There is a lot of them that spent a fortune, a lot more than 25 lakhs (sold houses, cars, diapers etc.. for a living) and have been employed and are doing what they were dreaming of, others doing something else. And on the other side, is plenty of them that spent little money and are successful; some not very.

The "much talked about buying a type-rating and the dilemma" is self explanatory! Sorry, nobody can answer that, it simply can't be. The airlines, themselves weren't expecting a downfall after the tiny BOOM.
Couple years ago called recession, did we know Airlines were going to advertise their type-rated Vacancy calls? Did we know how long they lasted? Did we know that there was going to be a nose wheel landing leading to a massive fake-pilot scam that had a big thud on the DGCA and others? (Nobody knew that coming for a hundred years!)

now can you please help me out....badly need it And did we know YOU needed it Badly?

Oh man, you need to risk-play the game. Who knows you might get lucky.

Maverick 03
4th Apr 2011, 11:34
Any1 who's thinking of going for a TR should think twice at this point of time.

Jet who was hiring 737 Type Rated pilots has now stopped conducting interviews and their upcoming all vacancies will be for freshers only and same is the case with Spice Jet.

Apparently the reason behind this is the lesser quality of type rated pilots they are getting, who are going to "not-so-renowned" TRTO's and finishing quickly but are not well qualified. So they have decided to stop recruiting the TR pilots and looking for freshers which they will send to the TRTO's of their perference.

planeboy_777
4th Apr 2011, 13:10
@Maverick 03

stop demotivating people with your senseless thinking
if jet airways is not satisfied with they quality of that pilot they will simlpy reject Him/her.why will they reject all those TR pilots..Airlines gain a loss if they hire an Ab-initio.i hope you know that...for ab initio the contract says that you will be glued with the airline for 5 yrs or so and upon completion the company pays you back half the money which you gave for your TR.if you were the crown of that company what will you do..hire Ab-initio(loss of half the money of TR per candidate) or TR'ed pilots.??????
There will always be a vaccancy for TR'ed pilots....for your kind information Indigo is recruiting pilots with type rating.

sam8808
4th Apr 2011, 15:04
Interesting post, Maverick. Although its not right to say that everyone who bought their type ratings would end up being low quality pilots, I wouldn't be surprised if what you said is true.

Maverick 03
4th Apr 2011, 16:36
Hey planeboy buddy..calm down..I'm in no sense demotivating any1 over here...I'm just sharing my experience and trying to give my view.

And watever I said in my last post is true...and I won't be giving any justification over here.

Jet has even removed the post of "T-Rated pilots" from their websites and even SJ is not looking to hire the T-rated pilots anymore...(now I can't be sure about the jugaadus inside)

Yeah I forgot to mention the Indigo being the sole exception in this case.

jackcarls0n
4th Apr 2011, 18:34
Maverick may be right. I am not part of Jet management but do hear and look after some flight operations work and etc.

Airlines do prefer at times to hire pilots who don't have they own type rating. Rather train them on type as per they requirement.

But one who has type rating and hours on type is a different thing.

Else airlines prefer non-type rated pilots.

cyrilroy21
4th Apr 2011, 19:23
In both cases the candidate pays for the type rating anyway :hmm:

jackcarls0n
4th Apr 2011, 20:03
:ok:

$$

Ankit Kotecha
4th Apr 2011, 20:30
DGCA issues stricter rules for hiring of co-pilots | Aviation India: Careers (http://www.indianaviationnews.net/careers/2011/03/dgca-issues-stricter-rules-for-hiring-of-co-pilots.html)

Maverick 03
5th Apr 2011, 03:56
It's right that at the end of the day its us who have to pay for the TR but in my view that one should better wait for sometime now or even if they are willing to do the TR then they should only opt for those TRTO's which the airlines send their own candidates to....viz CAE, or one in London/Gatwick etc.....

I personally know some guys who have have gone to "not so renowned" TRTO's and now facing the music from airlines....they have done their TR from countries like Luthinia, Hungary and even South Africa....and they tried to appear in the Jet exam for T-rated pilots and were not allowed to do so.