View Full Version : Hour building issue

IrishJason
29th Mar 2011, 09:10
Well lad's. I'm just thinking in the long run here, I have secured finance for quite alot of my flight trainning with 0 debt.I know alot will sy go do something else but thats another tory, Anyway I was looking at this The best value Hour Building Programs (http://www.ncb-aviation.com/hourbuilding.htm) It seems quite cheap for what it include's. Anyone any experence ?

Thanks alot

The500man
29th Mar 2011, 11:54
It seems very cheap! I haven't flown with them but from the site it doesn't look particularly suspicious. Contact them and see what they say. That should give you a better idea of whether they are legitimate. The only point worth making is they want 100% payment upfront, or 50% if you're buying 100 hours.

Personally I don't think 100 hours on an old Cessna would be particularly entertaining or worthwhile but if you're just looking for the cheapest option then that might be it.

SkyCamMK
29th Mar 2011, 12:18
Had a very quick glane at the NCB page at £38 ph, well... The fuel price at Cranfield here is £1.97 per litre. A Cessna 150 requires between 17 and 23 litres per hour depending on how it is flown. Your fuel cost is more than the hourly rate so there is a catch.

Of course if you give someone £3,800 they may not be able to provide what appears to be advertised. How much do you pay for a 50 hour check and a litre of oil let alone insurance?

Be very very suspicious but good luck if you have money to burn, try it.

The rule is if you are paying up front to give a company working capital it is risky and generally an indicator of poor cash flow IMHO.

Edited to add, even though fuel is much cheaper in USA there is still a matter of accommodation, extras, flights there and back etc so it may be do-able but would it offer good training value other than filling a log book page or two?

donogca
29th Mar 2011, 17:11
It looks like good value. I would recommend Flycorona in Californina. I paid $4250 for 50hour block wet. The school was great, very friendly and there were no additional costs except for the checkout. I was very anxious about going to the states but it was a great decision and really enjoyed it.
If you are going to America, make sure you go to California. There are some great places to visit and the scenery is amazing.
PM if you want info.

IrishJason
30th Mar 2011, 18:19
Thanks donogca. I'll send on a pm there soon, I'm only back from the state's. I done a roadtrip from LA - New York and the place is amazing. Thanks to the above comment's also. I'll take all on board