PDA

View Full Version : B767-300F Question

ScootCargoOps
28th Mar 2011, 08:12
I need some help on the B767-300F.

Looking at two sector operations - with an initial uplift of 50tons and a first sector stop offload of 10tons, 0tons on load - what would be the best configuration M/deck L/deck ULD’s to reduce turnaround time and simplify the trim?

Thanking you.

SMT Member
29th Mar 2011, 17:36
Generally speaking W&B on the 76 is very straight forward.

Plan the lower-decks for final destination only. On main-deck, load final destination from the rear, as well as in A1. Load transit freight from 2L/R (door) and aft. During transit stop, pop the MD door and off-load transit freight. If necessary for trimming purposes, final destination ULDs can be brought forward.

Might not get the most economical trim to transit station, but that's the price to pay if you want minimum ground time.

Don't know if you're fuelling at your transit stop, if so that's likely to be what's limiting your turnaround times. 10 tons, after all, is only 4-6 ULDs and off-loading that will take less than 15 minutes all inclusive if loaded as described above.

Binthere
30th Mar 2011, 02:56
I've been working on a 767 project recently but having a problem with the CLIM, do you have any info on this subject?

Chille Con Carnie
10th Apr 2011, 19:46
Light those brakes up & it will be a little longer

SMT Member
12th Apr 2011, 10:32
Binthere

CLIM is a right b1tch, and proof someone screwed up somewhere. The only way around it, I'm afraid, is very careful load planning to ensure your lateral imbalance is as close to zero as possible - any lateral imbalance will directly influence max. taxi weight and thus payload.

Once you've gotten your head around that one, you'll encounter the wonders of vertical CG limits. Alternatively, do as we did and pretend you never read that part of the Boeing manual!

The 767 freighter, especially the converted ones, are very close to being labelled as useless pieces of uselessness. IMHO, of course.