View Full Version : NIGHT RATING, help!

757_wannabe
27th Mar 2011, 16:37
hi everyone,

I was due to do my night rating at my local school but they have pulled the plug now we are changing to british summertime. i am starting my cpl course in june and was wondering if anyone knows of a school in the uk who would be able to do a night rating in the next month or so? Any suggestions welcome thanks folks

Poltergeist
27th Mar 2011, 16:41
I did mine in BST. The instructor and I flew to Southend, parked and when it got dark went flying. To keep the airfield open for the cross country return was a very modest fee and we completed in one night. It was a few years ago but I am told it is still done. may be worth enquiring. it cost a bit more but was worth it.

leyahl
29th Mar 2011, 17:37
I'm doing mine right now with Donair at East Midlands. I would try them but it surely has to be ASAP with it getting lighter. Only issues there are, are the high traffic volumes and that you have to be on your game with your R/T as they have full ATC. Can get a bit hectic if you're only used to a little A/G Radio outfit! Hope this helps.

Poose
30th Mar 2011, 13:27
Don't do it at Liverpool Flying School is all I can say... :mad:

Creep Feed Grinder
30th Mar 2011, 16:03
Try Multiflight at Leeds. Again be quick. One thing though I don't think you need a NR to start a CPL course but it is required for licence issue.

gg190
30th Mar 2011, 16:19
Maybe have a word with Ravenair at Liverpool see if they can do anything? Liverpool is open H24 so that might help get round the daylight problem.

'India-Mike
30th Mar 2011, 16:29
Can't your CPL provider help? If not come up to Prestwick and I'll do it.

RodgerF
2nd Apr 2011, 13:37
A NR or certificate of course completion is required to take the CPL Skill Test