PDA

View Full Version : Airport & Handling Charges:

Bergkamp10
26th Mar 2011, 11:09
Dear One & all,

We'll a mid-term 20/25 acft company. We are looking for possible software, for Airport and Handling charges. Probably there are good systems such ProLog, Amadeus, etc but these are a little costly for us.

Any thoughts on this aspect, would also consider using this type of system for Commercial Pricing as well?

Thanks again Bergkamp10

firepoint
29th Mar 2011, 02:39
Probably you may go to looking for some handling companies to bargin the handling charges, they may offer you a good price depends on the service they offered.

Bergkamp10
4th Apr 2011, 16:52
Could anybody actually helpon this?

I seen last week ProLog Development Centre and SITA both were great, but extremely costly? Any thoughts? anybody use UV Jeppesen or the like?

Thanks again, perhaps this would be better in another section?

Bergkamp10 :cool:

Inspecthergadget
11th Apr 2011, 14:33
For Airport charges there's a Website called
airportcharges.com
They charge a fee but well worth it if you're constantly checking rates.
Handling is a completely different ball game given that no one rate is the same for say yours or my company and i don't see how a site or software can be anything other than an info tool.

It's not what you know, it's who you know that counts these days.

Booglebox
12th Apr 2011, 21:38
I'd go with a professional service if you have the money, or otherwise roll your own - get a bloke to get quotes in writing including validity periods and taxes from all your aerodromes, stick 'em in a spreadsheet, make a nice seperate front-end spreadsheet, done! :cool:

Bergkamp10
13th Apr 2011, 13:29
Thanks one & all,

We have certainly found Airport Charges to be extremely useful.

As for handling exactly so many options, that the good old approach' of phone, etc works. But RoutePro from the same stable as Airport Charges also works in some cases.

Keep the ideas coming :ok::ok: