View Full Version : MCC ???

Jimmy_boy
26th Mar 2011, 00:50
Hello,

I would like do know if I need to have a MCC to fly right seat in a Twin Otter for example ?

Thank you.

cefey
26th Mar 2011, 02:08
google and wiki is your friends;)

General characteristics
Crew: Minimum one pilot, commonly two pilots are used in commercial operations.
de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Canada_DHC-6_Twin_Otter#Specifications_.28300_series.29)

BillieBob
26th Mar 2011, 09:48
The DHC-6 is certified by EASA as a single-pilot aeroplane and, under current JAA requirements, you do not need MCC training to obtain a type rating on a single pilot aeroplane. EASA has stated that it intends to tie the MCC requirement to the operation and not the certification, meaning that MCC will be required to operate a single-pilot aircraft as part of a mulit-pilot crew. They have not, however, indicated how they believe it will be possible to legislate or police such a requirement.

Jimmy_boy
26th Mar 2011, 16:04
Thank you for your answers.

moggiee
27th Mar 2011, 16:55
The DHC-6 is certified by EASA as a single-pilot aeroplane and, under current JAA requirements, you do not need MCC training to obtain a type rating on a single pilot aeroplane. EASA has stated that it intends to tie the MCC requirement to the operation and not the certification, meaning that MCC will be required to operate a single-pilot aircraft as part of a mulit-pilot crew. They have not, however, indicated how they believe it will be possible to legislate or police such a requirement.
I'm pretty sure that it is already the case that if the operator has chosen to nominate the aeroplane as a multi-pilot type then MCC is required (unless the crew member already has 500 hours of multi-pilot experience).

BillieBob
27th Mar 2011, 17:37
MCC is required only for the first multi-pilot type rating. There is nothing in JAR-FCL 1, the ANO, EU-OPS or even Part-FCL that requires MCC training in any other circumstance. There is nothing in a SPA type rating that restricts its use to single-pilot operations (although, in the UK, it may be restricted to multi-pilot operations).