PDA

View Full Version : The one who brought down SAR-H

pot_head
23rd Mar 2011, 15:02
Beware all rotary operators, the one who brought down SAR-H is off the hook and attempting to get another job in the helicopter industry. Spread the word, protect yourselves and stop him getting away with it again.

Hummingfrog
23rd Mar 2011, 18:06
So one man had so much power:confused: I think that SAR-H failed because it could be seen to be too expensive both for the taxpayer and for Soteria once the MOD pulled out of funding 66 odd aircrew.

Long live son (or person if you are a PC luny;)) of SAR-H.

HF

Thomas coupling
23rd Mar 2011, 18:33
Believe it or not is was down to the individual who (allegedly) tried to improve his lot by touting his knowledge of the bid to ALL the bidders. It was also (allegedly) down to the company who knowingly accepted the information.
Both it seems are now off the hook - no justice in this world.
His card is marked....believe me.

FSXPilot
23rd Mar 2011, 18:47
Nice of you to man up and use an alias to post about this.

Savoia
23rd Mar 2011, 19:04
Dear One who brought down SAR-H,

Fellow Rotorhead Pot Head has said:

Beware all rotary operators, the one who brought down SAR-H is off the hook and attempting to get another job in the helicopter industry. Spread the word, protect yourselves ..

Assuming that Pot Head is referring to all rotary wing operators worldwide and, because not every operator on the globe may know who you are, can I request that you incorporate the following sentence in your CV .. so we may identify you and take heed of PH's recommendation. Thanks in advance. :ok:

"In my last post I gained notoriety through the breach of commercially confidential material relating to an impending SAR contract in the UK. I would like to say however that I did this with the best of intenions designed in fact to promote safety by preventing bidders from accidentally pitching too low through advising them of the currently lowest offers. If employed by your company I feel confident that I could instigate similar initiatives which, at the very least, will bring publicity (as in free advertising) to your organisation."

S.

Fareastdriver
23rd Mar 2011, 19:25
SAR-H is dead. Who Cares.

Spanish Waltzer
23rd Mar 2011, 20:30
If, as TC implies, both are 'off the hook' perhaps this means that the investigation has found no proof of wrongdoing in the vein of innocent til proven otherwise?

Realise that wont please the PpRuNe stirrers but could this lead to a re-emergence of a Soteria bid in the son of SAR-H?

24th Mar 2011, 08:45
And commercial viability (or lack of it) would seem to be the real reason for the demise of SARH.

Oneclub
24th Mar 2011, 08:59
I cant sit and watch this campaign of misinformation any longer! SAR-H was not brought down by one person and the most culpable person is not the one who people believe it to be. Funnily enough the one who actually started the process that brought the bid down (taking his own and half a dozen of his team mates jobs with him) bears a striking resemblance to Mr Potato Head. Pot_head, any relation? :ugh:

pot_head
24th Mar 2011, 09:57
Oneclub

Yes, there was more than one person involved in the event that led to the demise of SAR-H. But it was initiated by the greedy and immoral actions of one individual (he of the vegetable shaped head) and he is the one now seeking further work in the rotary industry.

For further details of his actions see fairly accurate reporting in FT, Times and Mail last month.

What was his repuation in the RAF? I understand that this is not the first time that he has used underhand means to feather his own nest.

Employ him if you wish as a pilot in your company, but watch your backs.

24th Mar 2011, 11:11
What was his repuation in the RAF?that depends if you ask him or some of the poor sods who had to work for him:(

Somehow he made Wg Cdr and if that isn't a damning statement of our poor selection and promotion process, I don't know what is!

Whatever his crimes against SARH - I still don't believe that he was the only reason the bidder withdrew.

RotorSwede
24th Mar 2011, 13:28
well, I flew with the guy many times and he was both friendly and very competent in his position as a pilot. I wish him the best for the future and IŽd fly with him any day, regardless of whatever took place in the SAR-H process.

Swedish Freddy

Oneclub
24th Mar 2011, 15:04
Phone any of the MCA SAR bases and I think you will hear a similar story. Without him, they would have almost certainly lost their commuting roster.

Sumpor Stylee
24th Mar 2011, 18:18
OneClub,
have you lost the plot or are you just misinformed? :mad:

How about more hated than his predecessor, and that took some effort.
From the day he took his position he fought tooth and nail to get rid of commuting terms for the northern bases and BALPA will testify to that by the fight they had on their hands to keep T's & C's for their northern members. Disingenuous comments. :=

And as for Crab's comments, right on the money about the character. He even had your CV on his desk and exclaimed how you would never get a job with him in charge!!!! :eek:

Rigga
24th Mar 2011, 22:07
"Somehow he made Wg Cdr..."

I don't know the guy, but its not uncommon for somebody in then RAF to get promoted for their ability and performance, not necessarily for their morals.

E.g. I got several promotions prior to leaving. What does that say about me?