PDA

View Full Version : Lockheed C-130- ground loading of rations time

EOSM37
22nd Mar 2011, 20:03
Doing some research for a tv production and need to find out what the restocking of rations time from scratch to full cupboards is?

Or if anyone knows what the restock rate from a rations truck is?

I calculate that the c-130 has a food capacity of 10 tones or 29,500 pies. The restock rate on a commercial plane is 1 minute per pie, but I doubt it takes 90minutes to restock...?

Would be great if someone could give me an answer.

Thanks

Stephen

Saintsman
22nd Mar 2011, 20:28
I know that the crews have a reputation for eating the rations but 29500 pies seems a bit much for them.

Maybe on Nimrods....

ghostie
22nd Mar 2011, 20:46
As a quick rule of thumb for loading time, try pie R squared.:8

Darwinism
22nd Mar 2011, 20:47
First a veiled request for the time a C-17 spends on the ground and now the same for a C-130. As one who has someone very dear on operations at the moment, these are a worrying series of threads - why would a tv production company need to use an internet forum to find this information. Please use your common sense before you jump in with answers to these questions.

arandcee
22nd Mar 2011, 20:48
ghostie - :D

Lister Noble
22nd Mar 2011, 21:26
I'm not millitary but I think this is a very serious question and we must not offend the OP,but we need to take into account the sort of pies.
Most likely porkies.;)
But of course pasties would weigh less but take more volume,on the other hand a fishing pie?:}

Sorry, back to my little L4 Cub:)

Willard Whyte
22nd Mar 2011, 21:56
None of the crews I had the pleasure of flying Hercs with would stoop so low as to consume pies.

Anyhoo, whatever the in-flight rations loaded there was always enough to last several hours after chocking in.

As for ground time - it depended on where one stopped. It always seemed to take just a touch over 3 hours to turn around in Norway, for example, maybe 10 minutes tops in some middle eastern ****-hole (engines running, just in case).

EOSM37
22nd Mar 2011, 22:25
Thanks for the responses!

How does the PSR (Pie stock rate) relate to Pie or pies per minute.

Is there a shorthand way of calculating the time it'll take to restock? I just need to be in the ballpark.

Thanks,

Stephen

vernon99
22nd Mar 2011, 22:28
Surely it should be measured in quantity of ACC (A chicken Curry) you can get in the oven at once.

OR

No. of packets of chocolate hob nobs you can get in your nav bag!:ok: