PDA

View Full Version : 777F for Lufthansa Cargo

dayflight
22nd Mar 2011, 20:03
Is this for real ??

Deutsche Lufthansa AG CEO Discusses Q4 2010 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha (http://seekingalpha.com/article/258900-deutsche-lufthansa-ag-ceo-discusses-q4-2010-results-earnings-call-transcript)

"I may remind you that, yesterday, the Supervisory Board of Lufthansa has given its approval for additional investment. We will order 30 A320neo Engine option aircraft for Lufthansa Passenger Airlines and 5 B777-200 freighter aircraft for Lufthansa Cargo."

I thought they wanted to raise the JV Aerologic, because its cheaper !?

MD11F
23rd Mar 2011, 09:40
@ dayflight
How do you know Production within Aerologic is cheaper?
Probably Boeing made a good price for the B777 because it will be painted in LHC colours?! Therefore Plane in LHC livery-LHC business only, LH Pilots!
Rgds MD11f, maybe changing to LHCB777 soon:ok:

SMT Member
23rd Mar 2011, 18:30
Who knows. Perhaps LHC presented the idea to the AeroLogic board, and found the other 49% of the votes said "sure, knock yourself out, but you're going to fund this show 100% yourself - we don't need them. We will take our 49% share of the profits, of course, as per present agreement". Yes, even though LHC only provides 2/7ths of the AeroLogic flying, and thus only pays 2/7ths of the costs, profits are still shared equally. LHC's never been a big fan of this level playing field stuff.

Best foot forward
23rd Mar 2011, 18:40
SMT are you sure about that, I doubt LH would see any of the revenue that DHL generates, what they may see is a fixed ammount per hour that is flown for DHL.

SMT Member
23rd Mar 2011, 20:25
bff,

I'm nowhere near close enough to know anything of substance about AeroLogic or Lufthansa Cargo. Working another side of the industry. Just happen to know a few guys who like to flap their lips with a penchant for juicy rumours. The above is to my recollection what I've been told. Right or wrong I have no way of verifying. This being a rumours board and all thought it'd be the right place to vent the rumours tank.

grounded27
23rd Mar 2011, 23:17
They might be doing what Air France did, buy B77F's just because they are a commodity to dry lease to the big boys like FedEx. BTW it is not a B772 freighter, it is a LR beefed up with GE90-115's on the wing, sure the size is the same but much is different to better the aircraft over the performance of an MD-11f. The PtoF's will come one day as the airlines buy 787's 772's will end up as freighters...