PDA

View Full Version : Life Assurance for a trainee pilot. Who would you recommend?

pipersam
22nd Mar 2011, 13:28
I'm due to start training with CTC and will be part funding the course from BBVA. One of the requirements is that I have a Life Assurance policy which will cover any eventuality for the period of the loan (10 years). BBVA have recommended Lark Life as their preferred insurer but it's non obligatory, so I am hoping to shop around a little.

Without diving too deep into people's private lives, I would like to hear any recommendations as to who you deal with and what you think of them, and any insurers that I should stay away from.

Many thanks,

Genghis the Engineer
22nd Mar 2011, 17:06
I can't speak as a trainee pilot, but last time I wanted to change my life insurance (with significant flight test hours annually, so not the best life insurance risk!), I got an excellent deal out of CIS (Co-operative Insurance Services), they even - wonderfully old fashioned - send a properly trained rep to your home, who goes through all the options with you.

I was very happy with the service and the price.

G

chromeo
22nd Mar 2011, 17:14
Tesco is £5 p/m. Covers you for £79k minimum iirc, its the decreasing loan one.

You also get £50 cashback from tesco as a giftcard.

pipersam
22nd Mar 2011, 23:45
Thanks for both your replies. The Tesco policy looks pretty decent, just need to read the small print to make sure i'm fully covered as a "trainee" pilot...