PDA

View Full Version : FAA to JAA conversion and BFR

heliUD
19th Mar 2011, 13:00
I apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed before, I've searched in the forum but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

This is my situation: I'm converting an FAA CPL(H) into a JAR CPL(H) in the UK, I've completed the written exams and I started my flight training. My FAA biennal flight review expires in three weeks and I don't think I'm gonna be able to do the skill test before that date. I went to the CAA to ask them if I need to renew the BFR in case it expires before the skill test, they said (I quote) that since I started flying before it expires it SHOULD be alright (even if I wasn't able to find anybody at the licencing office that knew what a BFR was).

Do you have any thoughts on that?

Thank you very much!

helijon
20th Mar 2011, 07:45
Not sure if my information is of any help at all, but I recently made an enquiry to the danish and norwegian authoroties about converting my faa IR, and they made it very clear that my faa cpl + ir needed to be valid till the end of my training.

Have a great day,
JB

HillerBee
20th Mar 2011, 10:00
To avoid any problem, get the Flight review done, so the ICAO license is valid. If the CAA says it should be allright it means you probably get screwed.