PDA

View Full Version : Dispatcher Salary

flyingvikings
19th Mar 2011, 06:52
Considering the fact that pilot training are expensive I want to use this as a stepping stone to work and raise money towards my pilot training. I have just enrolled for the Dispatcher course with the Emirates Aviation College in Dubai. It cost me over 6800$ in total. Does any one know how much a begining salary is for a flight dispatcher in the United Arab Emirates? Are the jobs fast comming? Any post would be appreciated. Thank you.

Louis

desertopsguy
22nd Mar 2011, 13:31
Starting salary for inexperienced dispatcher in UAE is typically 10,000AED/month. There are of course people out there who take less and then screw themselves and everyone else.

You'll most likely end up working somewhere second/third rate for a while like midex/aerovista/dolphin/rak airways/Eastern Sky/global jet.

The pay and conditions in these places are not good but you'll get a start at least.

The VIP operators are worth a look too.

It is not easy to get a first position and contacts are everything.

If those people at the Jepps school told you that you could apply to the biggies like Emirates/Etihad/AirArabia and FlyDubai then they should not have told you that as these airlines typically don't take new grads.

Keep your eyes on the job sites.

I believe globaljetdubai is looking for new dispatchers.

Good luck.

D.O.G

flyingvikings
25th Mar 2011, 17:16
Thanks mates, I shall contact them once I have completed my training. My school requires me to do an OJT for 3 months but I will try to see if I can get a Job immediately upon graduation. Thank you mate and I shall keep you posted.

Louis