PDA

View Full Version : Frozen ATPL

mark_c
18th Mar 2011, 18:05
Hi folks, Im a total newbie and this is my first post, so hello to everyone :)

Im thinking of doing an integrated course for a frozen ATPL, havent decided what school yet though. I will be leaving a good job to do it, but its always been my dream job and i reckon if i dont just go and do it now, i never will.

My question is do airlines hire people with fATPL's? I know things are bad with pilot recruitment at the moment but it will be at least 18 months from now before i complete training, and hopefully things will have picked up by then.

I presume an airline is going to pick a candidate with flying hours before someone with a frozen ATPL. But how do you get hours if you cant get a job?

If i went on to do a Type Rating, would i have a better chance at getting hired even though id still be on a frozen licence?

Any advise or info appreciated,
Cheers

Halfwayback
18th Mar 2011, 19:20
Mark

Welcome to Pprune Wannabees.
You will find there are many experienced pilots who are very willing to help you get onto the first rung of the ladder - however they do expect that you do a certain amount of research yourself - read the stickies at the top of the forum page!

A few hours spent using the search function will enable you to answer your questions yourself and. additionally, will give you a better insight into the industry and its present parlous state.

To answer your question 'Yes airlines do hire pilots with what is known as a frozen ATPL'.

In order to stop the inordinate number of sciologist adding their clamour I will close the thread. PM me if you want it re-opened.

HWB