PDA

View Full Version : A New Kind of SpyWare!

Yellow & Blue Baron
18th Mar 2011, 05:22
Pentagon buys 'spy spoftware'

The $2.7 million (£1.7 million) programme developed by San Diego firm Ntrepid allows one military user to create multiple personas on the internet and engage in extended online conversations and communications with suspects.

According to military procurement documents seen by the Washington Times, the software will "enable an operator to exercise a number of different online persons from the same workstation and without fear of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries".

"Personas must be able to appear to originate in nearly any part of the world," the documents stated.

Pentagon buys social networking 'spy software' - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/social-media/8389577/Pentagon-buys-social-networking-spy-software.html)

I'm sure I could find use for this on pprune! ;)

YBB

Guest 112233
18th Mar 2011, 09:26
Given the popularity of various elements of US foreign policy in some parts of the world, they might need it.

But on a more serious note: I suspect that the robo-trolls created will "vapourise" if exsisting users start to probe the comments made by the "Users" - The whole excercise could become hilariously counterproductive.

A potentially crass initiative that will be "Smoked out" before it really has any positive effect.

Echo's of Lord Haw-Haw or Tokyo Rose - The unspeakable promoting the unsustainable - it smacks of desperation -

The idea could be best left back in its box - The world has moved on.

CAT III

Mike-Bracknell
18th Mar 2011, 09:52
I'd hazard a guess this isn't for widescale influencing of US foreign policy, but rather 1-1 Al-Qaeda operative hunting.