PDA

View Full Version : Private Sukhoi SU-27 Sold

atakacs
17th Mar 2011, 22:04
Hello

Not sure this is the right forum to post - sorry.

Apparently someone has bought the 2 Sukhoi SU-27 Flankers from Pride Aircrafts (http://www.prideaircraft.com/flanker.htm):

Both of these aircraft have been SOLD and are no longer available. This page is for informational and historical purposes only

Anyone with more info ?

Corporal Clott
17th Mar 2011, 22:26
I heard a Colin, or Col for short, with a surname Gar-de-Fee (or something like that?) had bought the SU27s for cash.

Apparently Col Gar-de-Fee has an urgent and immediate need for them...

:}

Misformonkey
18th Mar 2011, 17:53
Col Gar da fee must have a very efficient PT for UOR's!!

John Farley
19th Mar 2011, 11:26
Aviation Week reported years ago that they were prepared by Pride for the USAF to update their aggressor units.

Poit
27th Jul 2011, 08:27
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the USAF had bought them for evaluation purposes.

If some civilian millionare/billionare had bought them there would no-doubt be a bit of information about it...and even some youtube videos from the proud new owner.

Still...$5mil isn't much to pay for a (recently) front-line fighter. I might have to start buying lottery tickets, I could see myself zipping around in one of those!! Is it a 1-off, or could Proud repeat the effort for a wannabe buyer (who just won the lottery)?

Halton Brat
27th Jul 2011, 14:04
Fast-jet drivers leaving the Service may be interested in a job which comes with a rather interesting company vehicle:

It's an SU-27.

You get to dogfight all day, all over the world.

Nobody shoots at you for real.

Check out www.eca-program.com (http://www.eca-program.com)

HB

stewmath
27th Jul 2011, 14:13
not like any ordinary ppl/cpl license holder will be able to fly one of those. lol

Halton Brat
27th Jul 2011, 15:38
Perhaps not, old boy...........

HB

LittleMo
28th Jul 2011, 12:20
Quite a few of the guys who owned the Buc's, Lightnings and Hunters at Thunder City were mere PPL and CPL holders