PDA

View Full Version : PPRune in text form only (Firefox)

CharlieOneSix
16th Mar 2011, 15:33
I wonder whether the PPRuNe upgrade has triggered this on my main PC? With Firefox 3.6.15 I get a text only layout on PPRuNe but with IE8 I have no problem - all the bells and whistles are there.

On my laptop there is no problem with PPRuNe when using either Firefox 3.6.15 or IE8. Both machines are on wireless connections to the same router.

I don't have any problems with any other sites.

Searched this forum and carried out the recommendations on a thread back in 2009 - flushed the Firefox cache, cleared PPRuNe cookies, rebooted my router, rebooted the PC - but still have the problem.

Any ideas gratefully received!

mixture
16th Mar 2011, 15:37
I wonder whether the PPRuNe upgrade has triggered this on my main PC? With Firefox 3.6.15 I get a text only layout on PPRuNe

Using prune' on 3.6.15 here, no probs. Sorry can't help.

green granite
16th Mar 2011, 15:48
In Firefox go to 'View>page style and click on 'basic page style' that should sort it.

CharlieOneSix
16th Mar 2011, 16:18
It was already on Basic Page Style - have tried alternating between that and No Style but the problem remains.

Ah - I disabled Adblock Plus and all the bells and whistles are there. Re-enabled Adblock Plus and the text version reappeared. Will do some more experimenting........

CharlieOneSix
16th Mar 2011, 16:47
Problem sorted - had to delete my Adblock Preferences and then redo the filters for PPRune. All now working okay and no adverts. Thanks for the earlier suggestions.:ok:

green granite
16th Mar 2011, 17:11
Oh now that's interesting, I knew if it went to 'no page style' it would be in text, but I didn't know addblock could cause it, thanks for that.

maryann
16th Mar 2011, 18:02
Thanks for that, I had the same problem. ]

Now solved

Whirlygig
16th Mar 2011, 19:04
Thanks CharlieOne Six ... that's me fixed as well. :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

CR2
16th Mar 2011, 19:29
Hmmm, I use Firefox (latest version updated a couple of days ago), also use Adblock.

None of above problems noticed.

If I could get rid of "google-analytics" spyware (aka generally annoying crap that slows the internet) I'd be in business.