PDA

View Full Version : MCC in less than 2 weeks anywhere??

ASHTAM
15th Mar 2011, 10:54
Hello

Does anyone know what is the shortest period that an MCC can be done in, most people do it in 2 weeks, can it be done in a quicker time period?

If so where can I find them.

thanks

swaontrack
15th Mar 2011, 12:58
CRM Aviation do an MCC in 8 days. Maybe worth having a chat to them. I've book in with them and the feedback was good.

moggiee
18th Mar 2011, 12:36
25 hours of groundschool, 25 hours in the sim - you won't get it done (in accordance with the rules) in less than 8 days.

Even then, think about it: 25 hours of groundschool over 3 days. That's 8 hours per day (before allowing for the required breaks between lessons). Then one 4 hour sim session per day PLUS the required briefing and debriefing time. You will be knackered and short of time to prepare for each sim exercise and will, in my opinion, be largely wasting your money doing it in less than 2 weeks.

I've been instructing on MCC courses ever since they first began, and MCC-type courses for a number of years before that. I can tell you in all honesty that you will NOT get the best out of it by rushing it. If you only want a tick in the box then do a short one.

punk666
18th Mar 2011, 15:41
I went with CRM and it was done in 8 days and we also had the CAA inspector sit in on one of the classes.

Classes usually ran from 9am-4/5pm if I remember correctly....Was alot of fun and would recommend CRM to anyone looking to do an MCC course.