PDA

View Full Version : CX capitalizing on Japan

eddie007
15th Mar 2011, 05:35
18,800 HKD one-way HND-HKG on sunday... this then gets lowered to 5,700 HKD as a 'special' fare (which still happens to be double the normal fare). Please someone tell me that I have my facts wrong, and that CX aren't really trying to capitalize on this tragedy... oh, and then make out as humanitarian heroes...

Tornado Ali
15th Mar 2011, 05:39
US airlines have stopped flying to Japan. The Japanese Prime Minister has just been on TV and said that the radiation is 'much higher' than earlier measurements. What are we DOING even going there at the moment?

Tornado Ali
15th Mar 2011, 05:41
New headline: Air China has just announced that they are suspending flights to Japan. Even THEY get it!!!

Beta Light
15th Mar 2011, 07:38
Was my thought as well, H.K.$ 5700 is no special price.

eddie007
15th Mar 2011, 10:17
We are offering all passengers a special one-way economy class fare at HK$5,755 from Japan to HKG and will refund the fare difference to passengers who have bought tickets at full published fare. - off the CX FaceBook page.

What they don't mention is that the full published fare was in excess of 18,000 HKD. What kind of company does this?

leftof
15th Mar 2011, 10:36
If I recall correctly Air New Zealand offered one way fares within NZ in and out of Christchurch for $50NZD and $400NZD one way in or out of New Zealand to any where in the world.
With the profits Cathay Pacific have just announced you would think they would offer to Hong Kong residents a $2000HKD one way return from Japan.

89Pistons
15th Mar 2011, 19:42
Tornado Ali, US airlines have not suspended flights to Japan. My flight on Thursday is still going. Same flight left on time today.

BOO-YAHHH
20th Mar 2011, 15:23
You find it surprising these leeches are trying to suck it up whenever they can?

Damn, look at what TT said when the HK Govt announced the $6000 handout...The CX vamps were in there promoting super special fares, while TT said it was the perfect option to spend their handout.

F Scaler
21st Mar 2011, 01:57
I thought this was just a zero cost Ancillary Charge (to quote low cost parlance) to make the Earthquake and Tsunami appeal cost neutral.
Tell me I'm wrong.