PDA

View Full Version : Logging hours as F/O

welliewanger
15th Mar 2011, 02:20
Hi all!
Which is correct under HK air law?

1. An F/O when operating as pilot flying should log time as Pilot In Command Under Supervision (PICUS)

2. An F/O when operating in any capacity should log time as Co-pilot.

3. Something else.

Thanks everyone.

crwjerk
15th Mar 2011, 02:24
1 is correct. You have to do the takeoff and landing however. Otherwise it's P2.

Ex Douglas Driver
15th Mar 2011, 03:03
An F/O when operating as pilot flying should log the time spent in a control seat as Pilot In Command Under Supervision (P1US)

An F/O when operating in any other capacity should log time spent in a control seat as Co-pilot (P2)

welliewanger
15th Mar 2011, 05:06
Thanks very much guys, I thought as much. Do you have any references I can use to substantiate this? I can't find anything in the ANO and the Captain I fly with (who has to sign the log book) is adamant it's option 2.

Near Miss
15th Mar 2011, 23:56
And not just PF either. You have to have done the take-off and landing (unless unable due to the environmental conditions being outside your limits) to log P1U/S. So even as RQ and sitting with the SO, thus you're PF, if you were in the back seat for take-off and landing, then you still only get to log P2 unfortunately.

My question is: If you only hold a CPL, how can you log P1U/S? I though you needed an ATPL to do that in aircraft greater than 5,700kg. Or is that just to log P1 and the U/S thing is the difference? :confused:

jed_thrust
16th Mar 2011, 00:40
I though you needed an ATPL to do that in aircraft greater than 5,700kg

No, you can fly a jumbo on a PPL: just ask our test pilots!