PDA

View Full Version : JQ New hires

woody744
14th Mar 2011, 04:57
Can anyone confirm that JQ are doing the same to their new hires as they tried to with the cadets ie hire them under NZ terms and conditions but base them in OZ?

The Kelpie
14th Mar 2011, 05:04
Woody

Cannot confirm that but given that the NZ regs state that all jet guys need 500TT and 100 hours (RPT) most of the guys they recruit straight from GA would at least need to do their Line Training in Aus.

More to Follow

The Kelpie

DashQ
14th Mar 2011, 05:58
Well I've been waiting since July last year. Cadets taking jobs ahead of me and many others. I basically paid my way to interview for a job that never really existed. Serve me right for having 5000hrs.

Roller Merlin
14th Mar 2011, 10:28
The game is reaching a climax...Jitconnect construct proven to be a financial offshoring sham, JQ hire scam proven requiring new hires to run over to NZ to set up bank accounts but return to train in Oz then ..."oh, we have just decided to base them in SYD, MEL, Goldie anyway..." in breach of pilot EBA provisions opening the way for EBA disputes by current pilots, BB and AJ being recalled to the senate on Friday to please explain why they have done all this and lots more, CASA inaction under the spotlight....

From here the momentum has a chance to change - and ultimately put a system of better defenses in place to help us prevent another smoking hole.

Mr. Hat
14th Mar 2011, 10:45
Dash, people are lining up to leave why are you lining up to get in?

DashQ
14th Mar 2011, 11:07
Mr H.

Exactly the question i am asking myself now.

Mr. Hat
14th Mar 2011, 21:29
Plenty of other options my friend.

Boney
14th Mar 2011, 23:33
A good friend of mine went through the interview process early 2010. He was told in March of last year that he could go to JNZ straight away or stay on the hold file for Australia.

That was 12 months ago. He recently started somewhere else but intends showing J the same respect shown to him, ie. on the very unlikely chance they give him a start date in late 2017, he will string them along as long as he can to have them convinced he will be there on day 1.

I recently sat next to someone very high up and in the know at J on a flight - obviously can't hint too much who they were.

They assured me the an Australian "hold file" DOES NOT EXIST.

They simply tell people this hoping they will eventually get sick of waiting for a start and decide to grab their ankles on the NZ conditions. Or people just give up and go away.

Either way, J couldn't give a rats as the aspiring applicant has paid for the priviledge of being interviewed so it is them who has wasted their money not J.

WynSock
15th Mar 2011, 01:19
are you still interested in pursuing employment with Jetstar?I have reconsidered my interest in pursuing employment at Jetstar and I wish to withdraw my application.After being led by the nose through the JQ recruitment system, you too could write a similar email.

The miserable false economy of the place!
This latest ill-contrived scheme designed by some talantless accountant is the tip of the iceberg. :yuk:

Take your experience and dignity elswhere.

TheOrangeStar
23rd Mar 2011, 03:16
Take your experience and dignity elswhere.

Where? To GA for LESS money while flying pistons instead of new A320s?

Karunch
23rd Mar 2011, 04:12
You'll need to look beyond the Sydney basin & Australian Flying magazine Orangestar. When you jump out of your 'new A320' into your 25 year old Mazda for the drive home to your rented apartment in the western suburbs, even the newbie must wonder whether he's really made it.

A short stint at Jq should be mandatory for newbies as it makes most of the Asian airlines look attractive.

Chimbu chuckles
23rd Mar 2011, 04:52
A short stint at Jq should be mandatory for newbies as it makes most of the Asian airlines look attractive.

Clearly you have NEVER worked for an asian carrier.

framer
23rd Mar 2011, 05:27
I've worked for an asian carrier on contract and although the planes were rubbish and the sops non-existant the 5 star lifestyle with $7k a month savings more than made up for it. Money is important. It's human nature.

fender
23rd Mar 2011, 06:11
I have also worked for a few asian carriers, but now that I look back, they look great compared to this mob.

TheOrangeStar
23rd Mar 2011, 06:46
So guys in GA drive good cars with all that money they earn?

Please... The money might not be that good but it's better than going GA!!!

And I can tell the ladies I'm an airline pilot!!! :ok:

Oxidant
23rd Mar 2011, 07:10
And I can tell the ladies I'm an airline pilot!!!

I can provide you with the number of a good therapist..........

TheOrangeStar
23rd Mar 2011, 07:23
You've got one on speed dial?

Bummer for you!!!

Is she hot?

KRUSTY 34
23rd Mar 2011, 09:43
Take caution Orange Star,

You're not an airline pilot yet! :=

Helmut Smokar
23rd Mar 2011, 10:01
Too funny TheOrangeStar, please tell me you set up your pprune account for trolling value? Your stuff is gold :)
Although not original :rolleyes: Jetstar Pilot

The Bunglerat
23rd Mar 2011, 10:08
OrangeStar, in spite of the fact that many contributors to these forums show no mercy in tearing strips off cadets & all they stand for, I have tried to provide a balanced point of view - even defend people like you - based on previous experience as an Instructor who worked on cadet programs in a former life.

Unfortunately you are not endearing yourself to me - or anyone else - with some of your comments. No-one, not even your supporters or sympathisers (& trust me when I say that, in this industry, you need all the support you can get), have much tolerance for immature, smug little 20-somethings who act like dicks. Pull your head in.

FFG 02
23rd Mar 2011, 10:57
Yep tell the ladies you are an airline pilot.

The flight attendants (who get paid more than you) will know who you are as you will be taking all the left over crew meals to take home.

So what if you can tell the ladies you are an airline pilot...you aren't going to be able to afford to take them out!

Keg
23rd Mar 2011, 11:03
Surely theOrangestar is a wind up. A piss take by somebody taking a shot at cadets to make the cadets who contribute on PPRUNEs seem like complete morons.

If you're for real then from a former cadet to a current one, pull your freaking head in. You don't even know what you don't know. Given your demonstrated attitude thus far it's a safe bet that it's going to be a while yet. Best that you remember that you have two ears and one mouthpiece and to use them in that ratio. By all means voice an opinion but acknowledge from the start that it's pretty uninformed and ignorant- as evidenced by your comments comparing the J* cadetship to the RAAF pilot recruitment process. :rolleyes: :ugh:

I'm not convinced you're for real though. Your comments are just WAY too ignorant. Perhaps you're right though. The J* cadetship has chosen well. :suspect:

TheOrangeStar
23rd Mar 2011, 11:03
Pull your head in.

Why? All I see here is jetstar and cadets being pulled through the mud.

Why should I pull my head in when I am just standing up for myself and my group? Ill bet you wouldn't tell a 747 FO or an F-18 pilot to pull his head in if he makes these comments?

Why don't I get the same rights? Just because I am new to aviation and have selected an unpopular entry route. :(

How bout you get that therapists number from Oxidant... (I heard she is hot!) :ok:

KRUSTY 34
23rd Mar 2011, 11:20
I think you're right Keg. Complete Wind-up.

Nobody's that delusional. Except of course Airline management! :}

Keg
23rd Mar 2011, 11:29
Yep. You're a wind up merchant.

For good measure though and because I want to ensure that just in case you're not a wind up merchant that people understand not all cadets are complete tools.

Why? All I see here is jetstar and cadets being pulled through the mud.

Many anti-cadet comments are based in ignorance. Unfortunately, your contributions thus far confirm every bias that most non-cadets have towards cadets. Given your contributions it's only natural that cadets will continue to be bagged. Heck, even I'll join in if you continue along the road you're currently travelling.

Why should I pull my head in when I am just standing up for myself and my group?

If you were standing up for yourself and the group from a position of strength rather than a position of ignorance I'd back you 100%. Sadly, no matter how many times you tell yourself that you're standing up for yourself and your group, the reality is that you're tearing them down.

Ill bet you wouldn't tell a 747 FO or an F-18 pilot to pull his head in if he makes these comments?

Oh puh-leese. Ignorant comments are ignorant comments no matter who they come from. Telling a 'colleague' to stop being an idiot is part of the job. I've been told on occasion. I've told others as well. We normally accept it in the manner in which it's been given and take a good long look at ourselves when it happens. You on the other hand.....

Why don't I get the same rights? Just because I am new to aviation and have selected an unpopular entry route.

That's just it. You do get the same rights. Someone who is acting like an ignorant dolt gets called an ignorant dolt no matter what their background. A newbie who is ignorant to the workings of their industry but spouts crap gets told they're spouting crap. That you think you're being treated differently shows how little you know. As I said in my earlier post. You don't know what you don't know.

Anyway... :rolleyes:

Back to normally scheduled programming. The next post will decide it for me whether theorangestar is a deluded newbie or a troll.

TheOrangeStar
23rd Mar 2011, 11:30
Yeah that's pretty standard - if they disagree with the group then they must not be real.

No one would ever dare go against the pprune mob... :ugh::ugh:

Yeah Im really a RAAF C-17 FO with 360 hours - I am sure that makes you all feel better and will sleep safer tonight...:oh:

TheOrangeStar
23rd Mar 2011, 11:43
Really I dont care what you think of me. I am happy doing what I do I get paid better than I did at my last part time job and I am learning to fly. You thinking that I am a troll will not change it.

I just meant to give a voice to the other side. :ouch: If you don't believe me then - whatevs

PittsS2A
23rd Mar 2011, 11:43
OrangeStar,

When you get a job with JQ, and you will because your exactly the kind of toolbag they are looking for, can you please let us know because that will be the day I stop flying with them.

With an attitude like yours the only thing I can see in the future is a smoking hole in the ground with an A320 tail sticking out of it, I wouldn't trust you in a 152 let alone an airliner with 100's of souls on board.

breakfastburrito
23rd Mar 2011, 11:45
Why don't I get the same rights?
Rights, I know my rights (and sh!t)! Armstrong & Miller WWII (http://www.youtube.com/embed/d1rWvGSmOuo)

Keg
23rd Mar 2011, 11:47
Really I dont care what you think of me.

Ah but you should. You see, I'm the sort of Captain that you're going to be flying with if you get through all your training. If you weren't such an ignorant dolt you'd have worked that out by now and would know when to stop digging..... if you weren't a troll that is. :E

KRUSTY 34
23rd Mar 2011, 11:54
Not true Keg. He's in the RAAF!

Mind you, once he leaves and has to start again, he might end up flying with old Captain Keg or even Captain Krusty! :}

Glad we're not at war! Errr... Ooops!

TheOrangeStar
23rd Mar 2011, 12:07
Cos you two are Gods to look up to and idolise? I'm not the only one who needs an attitude adjustment!

Bug4514
23rd Mar 2011, 12:31
WOW Orangestar you are my hero. I wish I could be just like you when you grow up. It's guy's like you that stuff this game and I can only hope that one day I get the chance to have you on the RHS of me. It's a small industry and to have just craped in it.
I don't comment much on here just read, but you are the biggest wankstar around.
Mate good luck, you will need it. And the three ladies sitting here with me are still rolling around the floor laughing.

Gas Bags
23rd Mar 2011, 12:34
You sit around with three ladies looking at PPRuNe.......Okay.........

UTW
23rd Mar 2011, 12:36
Please guys.......don't feed the troll.

Gas Bags
23rd Mar 2011, 12:45
A big JETPILOT sticker across the back window of that 25 year old Mazda will look good too Orange boy....And dont forget the JET A1 ONLY sticker just underneath the fuel cap. Those two are a sure fire 100% guaranteed hit with the ladies.

Bug4514
23rd Mar 2011, 12:46
Gas, I know. Maybe I need Orangestar's help.

Popgun
23rd Mar 2011, 14:18
The following was info was released by AIPA today:

Jetstar Cadets
Recently questions were asked about the Jetstar cadet pilots and their status. It must be noted first that these pilots are all Australian residents, born and bred Australians – some of them have never been in New Zealand before. It seems that on commencement of this program the young pilots were sent to New Zealand for 3 days and asked to set up a New Zealand bank account and secure a New Zealand Tax File Number. Once this was done, these pilots were sent to the United Kingdom for their A320 training and when they arrived back in Australia they commenced their line training with Jetstar in Australia.

The current legislation in New Zealand precludes pilots flying a High Capacity airliner with less than 500 hours, so for so-called New Zealand based crew they were not entitled to operate in New Zealand. These pilots have been stood down and will be advised of their contract requirements shortly. AIPA has recruited these pilots and is supporting them through this harrowing time. AIPA is keeping a close eye on developments and we are keeping all relevant parties, including the Senate Inquiry, informed. It would be interesting to know what Jetstar would have done if this was not brought to the attention of the Senate Inquiry and the media.

SpyderPig
23rd Mar 2011, 22:42
You dont need a long neck to be a goose