PDA

View Full Version : Biggin Hill

Der_Fischmeister
13th Mar 2011, 22:56
Cheers Guys,
since we´re now more and more often in Biggin Hill ,may I ask for your Hotel recommendations in the Area ,lets say max 45 min Drive ?

Thx

The one and only ...Fischmeister !"

763 jock
13th Mar 2011, 23:42
Westerham. Lovely English village, about 15 mins from Biggin Hill. Proper pubs with warm beer. :ok:

mr castro
14th Mar 2011, 08:26
Try Croydon Park Hotel.

5 min walk from hotel to train station and then 20 min with train to Central London if you have to kill some time.

His dudeness
14th Mar 2011, 18:11
Great English Beer around these parts, none of your gassy continental p**s (he he).

Now watch it! Very slippery ground your on! German beer is simply the best.

Everyone knows THAT! :ok:

F33A
15th Mar 2011, 09:11
I have also been at the Selsdon Park Hotel, I think Biggin Hill Ops offers a special rate (don't know about the other FBO).
Even it looks outdated from the outside, the rooms are splendid, also nice restaurant.

NuName
15th Mar 2011, 11:25
There is a Best Western in Bromley, 15-20 mins away. Nothing special but Bromley is a nice place and the breakfast is not bad.

bizjet inmate
15th Mar 2011, 11:32
Kings Hotel in Westerham...... 15 mins away, old and bit quirky....but clean friendly and 2 mins walk away from restuarants, shops cash machine......and of course the earlier mentioned PUB.....right across the road. they do great food aswell as BOTH warm ales and cold fizzy lager

mr_incredable
15th Mar 2011, 14:09
The Kings Hotel in Westerham, is closed for refurbishments, I think it is due to open late April/early May again. This would be my choice once its open, purely for its location, 10m mins from Biggin Hill, and lots of choice for food and drink!

Der_Fischmeister
15th Mar 2011, 14:45
cheers guys!

HS125
15th Mar 2011, 14:55
Personally given the choice of the Kings or The Old Farmhouse I'd take The Old Farmhouse.

It's less conventional and more remote but it's a good place and The Fox and Hounds nearby always did good food and drink IMHO.

In Croydon, we sat and watched nothing short a street battle unfold whilst eating our dinner in the bar, and were propositioned during check in by old biddies in a coach party on one of those insufferable theatre trips like the ones my ex insisted on going on :ugh: Never again.

NICOOOLDUDU
16th Mar 2011, 22:34
You can go to the Rowhill Grange Hotel, it's about 20min drive, cheap, free wifi and by far the best restaurant.
There is also a perfect swimming pool and an amazing spa.

clivewatson
17th Mar 2011, 00:09
and were propositioned during check in by old biddies in a coach party

but the name of the hotel was?

HS125
17th Mar 2011, 13:36
It was the Jury's Inn.

There is another hotel opposite, the name of which I don't recall which had something to do with the riot that broke out.

jamie2004
17th Mar 2011, 20:42
There is another hotel opposite, the name of which I don't recall which had something to do with the riot that broke out.

This made me chuckle 125:ok:, sums up croydon as a stop-over perfectly. I usually go for the Marriot Bexleyheath or Lingfield park, both about 35-40mins drive and usually peaceful (assuming thats what you are after) with reasonable food and beer available!