PDA

View Full Version : Upgarding Greek single IR to UK multi IR?

volunteerpilot
13th Mar 2011, 16:12
Hello all, I got a single IR from Greece where I did the exams, is it possible to upgrade to UK multi engine IR or do I have to go back to Greece?
I know exams are only valid in the country where you did you exams but since I already have IR, does it mean I can upgrade in other JAA countries?

IO540
13th Mar 2011, 16:33
I don't know the answer but this

I know exams are only valid in the country where you did you exams

can't be true otherwise what about the people who did their exams at Gatwick but did the IR in e.g. Spain ?

volunteerpilot
13th Mar 2011, 16:38
I guess if you do it in Spain from the beggining then yes but if you decide to change later you would have to start the course again. So in my case, I am not sure if JAA would say I have to repeat the course as I am upgarding in different country.

zondaracer
13th Mar 2011, 17:16
I assume you are talking about ATPL exams. You initial license issue must be in the same country as your exams unless you receive approval from both countries' licensing departments.

Once you have your initial license, you can add ratings such is IR and ME In another JAA country but your country of license issue is responsible for adding the ratings to your license. You may also change your license country of issue. Refer to JAR-FCL 1

IO540
13th Mar 2011, 17:18
You may also change your license country of issue.

What documentation (e.g. supporting a change of residence) is required to do that?

zondaracer
13th Mar 2011, 17:34
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1136FF.pdf

You also have to live in the UK for more than half the year