PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with pprune

captainsmiffy
12th Mar 2011, 17:25
Anybody else been experiencing long-term problems here on prune? Lots of us in the middle east certainly are having their fair share of troubles. Some threads just open fine but others seem to hang and then you get a network error message coming up. Been going on for weeks now. Where does the problem lie? There is a thread ref this on the middle east forum but, guess what, for me it hangs.....!!

Would appreciate help here.

Capetonian
12th Mar 2011, 17:30
I was in ME until yesterday, for 2 weeks, and had problems on one network I was using but not on another. It wasn't the site being blocked, as many were, but just hanging and/or getting a redirect or network error message as stated below.

Currently in UK and having no problem, so there is definitely something going on.

FullOppositeRudder
12th Mar 2011, 20:37
Anybody else been experiencing long-term problems here on prune?

All OK here in Australia.

FOR

Booglebox
12th Mar 2011, 20:40
AFAIK Prune is UK based but I don't know whether their servers are, or if they have different ones around the world that sync up. Mod care to embellish?

Quite a few ME countries filter their net, and you could just have a flaky connection. Have you tried going somewhere else in the country / city concerned?

green granite
12th Mar 2011, 20:40
S'pect someone/thing has chopped the cables in the Med again reducing bandwidth.

Saab Dastard
12th Mar 2011, 20:49
PPRuNe servers are in LA, USA. Site owned and operated by US company.

Lots of reasons why websites might be iffy in the ME right now. Physical problems and censorship.

SD