PDA

View Full Version : Elifly - any experiences?

Phoinix
11th Mar 2011, 16:32
My colleague is looking for information about elifly, an italian operator flying mainly 412's. Any information on working experiences with elifly in off shore ops. will be very helpful.

Savoia
11th Mar 2011, 18:39
A tidy operator with a good reputation. There is very much of a 'family' feel towards their personnel management and as a result they enjoy a low turnover of staff.

If your colleague wants to know more he/she should pay them a visit. They are approachable and will tell you striaght up what opportunities are available. The ability to speak Italian will certainly help in becoming a part of their family!

Best

S.

maeroda
12th Mar 2011, 20:12
Savoia....your post lacks the needed smiles and emoticons to get the right meaning of your humor!:}

Phoinix....Elifly simply doesn't exist anymore, their AOC being withdraw by the authority.
If you are looking after 412 training or ops please try Inaer Italia, Elilombarda or Airgreen.

cheers

vaibronco
12th Mar 2011, 21:46
Agree with Maeroda.
I wouldn't go for another interview because already went for one and I always try not to do the same mistake twice.
I'd rather beeing unemployed.
Just ask or search in the few italian forums.

Savoia
13th Mar 2011, 00:34
My apologies.

I have only good experiences with Eli-Fly in the past and was not aware that their AOC had been withdrawn. Very sad.

If you are looking after 412 training or ops please try Inaer Italia, Elilombarda or Airgreen.

Of which I would probably recommend Inaer.

S.

Phoinix
13th Mar 2011, 09:17
Thank you for your information. I'm sorry to read about warnings, but it's better to learn them before I do anything in cooperation.

tottigol
14th Mar 2011, 18:53
Eli-Fly, has the negative reputation and facts to prove it.

Epiphany
29th Mar 2011, 12:19
I flew with one of their 'most experienced' pilots once. It was an experience that I would rather forget. Whether or not this is a reflection on the company as a whole I do not know.

Phoinix
29th Mar 2011, 12:48
They lost AOC because of tax fraud, as it was published in at least two newspapers.

Savoia
29th Mar 2011, 15:26
That is most regrettable for a company with such history. :(

Is anyone in the know regarding their latest fleet inventory. Used to be a mixed bag of Lamas, Alouette III's and 412's.

Very sad indeed.

Sav

ReDude
23rd Dec 2011, 03:53
guys if what you say is true please could you produce some credible proof .reason i ask of this there is a major contract in the balance here and if this is gossip the company will most likely to loose contract.

Savoia
23rd Dec 2011, 06:14
Major contracts are not decided upon through rumour and, if they are, are unlikely to be worth involvement with.

Any professional assessment of an operator's capabilities will be conducted through an audit which takes into account their inventory, its condition, the way it is operated and managed as well as their past performance.

I am a little out of touch with Eli-Fly's current activities but, back in the day they were a great company with many satisfied customers.

ambidextrous
23rd Dec 2011, 11:11
If you Google them, the Handbook of Business Aviation shows them operating 2 x B412, 1 x AS 350 Squirrel, 5 x Lama, 1 x Alouette III and no suggestion that they have lost their AOC! Interesting, perhaps somebody should give them a call or ask Geoffers to investigate further when he's doing one of his regular Italian tours.
With fraternal greetings,
Ambi:ok:

Soshito Nakakata
24th Dec 2011, 08:01
eli-fly
guys if what you say is true please could you produce some credible proof .reason i ask of this there is a major contract in the balance here and if this is gossip the company will most likely to loose contract.

ReDude,
What do you mean by credible proof?
Don't know what is your role there. In any case, wake up.
Italy is not New Zealand (and I'm very sad about this)

Start reading this
Corruption index 2011 from Transparency International: find out how countries compare | News | guardian.co.uk]Corruption index 2011 from Transparency International: find out how countries compare | News | guardian.co.uk]Corruption index 2011 from Transparency International: find out how countries compare | News | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/dec/01/corruption-index-2011-transparency-international#data)

Scroll down to the rank list and then reset your mind for a proper and safe approach to Italy.

If I had to start a business in another country I wouldn't take any action before I find a very reliable partner and/or consultant with a good knowledge of the market and environment.
The same way I would act if I had to start a business in my country with a foreign partner. I would carry on some investigations before I count on this partnership.

Copy the text in this page: Provinciakr.it - Cronaca (http://www.laprovinciakr.it/Provinciakr.it%20-%20Cronaca8081.htm)
And translate it here Google Traduttore (http://translate.google.it/)

Or this one:
Le News di Soverato.com (http://www.soverato.com/news/new.asp?id=548)

Then you can find out through official channels wether this is a load of bull**** or not. Any lawyer in Italy can do it for you.

Major contracts are not decided upon through rumour and, if they are, are unlikely to be worth involvement withAny professional assessment of an operator's capabilities will be conducted through an audit which takes into account their inventory, its condition, the way it is operated and managed as well as their past performance.
I am a little out of touch with Eli-Fly's current activities but, back in the day they were a great company with many satisfied customers.

Savoia, please come back on this planet.
If you're deaf to all rumors, you'd better refrain from leading any business.
Of course you can't drink anything put on the table. Rumors are to be verified, understood, investigated. The "average" of the rumors, collected from the top 10 operators in the country, through informal and cooperative info exchange, will give you a picture sometimes very close to reality.
Try leading a business in some countries in west africa for 3 or 4 years, then you're vaccinated and well trained to navigate in italian waters.

If you Google them, the Handbook of Business Aviation shows them operating 2 x B412, 1 x AS 350 Squirrel, 5 x Lama, 1 x Alouette III and no suggestion that they have lost their AOC! Interesting, perhaps somebody should give them a call or ask Geoffers to investigate further when he's doing one of his regular Italian tours.

Ambi, dunno who Geoffers is.
Tell him to get in touch first 5 operators in Italy (I mean the actual hems and off-shore contractors) and ask why Elifly lost its AOC and is not partner of any of these operators. Let us know the answer.
By the way, he could interview all certifying staff and pilots he meets and let us know all impressions as well.
Moreover, some operator directories are old or based on what operators declare. Don't trust them.

maeroda
24th Dec 2011, 09:39
Hello buddies.

Look....I don't know where you all are coming from, I'm here in Italia and learned flying when Elifly was a well respected LOCAL company in the Brescia County, performing longline, firefighting and all kinds of areal works for individuals and/or local forestry institutions.

It was 1997 in my personal calendar.

Now (2011) things are different, although web site is on-line (with very old informations and photographs with scarce definition) the company doesn't exist any more definitely.

For the listing of italian companies holding a valid air operator certificate please refer to the link bellow:

http://www.enac.gov.it/repository/ContentManagement/information/P1084252587/Elenco_titolari_Licenza_Trasporto_Aereo_111207.pdf

Marry Christmas (Buon Natale)!

tottigol
24th Dec 2011, 23:02
Love your nickname Sosh, are you from Naples or surroundings? ;)
You are right on regarding Eli-Fly, if memory serves me right they were operating I-SARB. :(

Soshito Nakakata
26th Dec 2011, 06:28
@Totti
checcefrega dercileno noi ciavemo tottigol... ah ah... no, I'm not for Naples... ah ah, this joke is well known in the whole country
Fly Safe

@maeroda
:ok: Glad to see you removed that post (or the moderator did?) Anyway, you belong to the good ones, don't do that please.
All of us, on the field for years, know those people. I have my thoughts and opinion as well. I registered in this forum and refrained from writing names or judjements. Bear in mind that an homonym, for example a younger brother could get damaged by that, beeing different from the older one... who knows... We'll find out and let the market know.
I just wanted to lead somebody to some web links, and inviting a colleaugue to talk to other colleagues.
Fly Safe as well.

Back to my registration here, I like to watch what's going on in our world.
I could not only watch := a methodical export in a cleaner country of the worst business attitude, (well known and rejected here by the honest community), playing on a new field far from a bad reputation.
World is too big and too small at the same time.
Italian operators are not like that, at least not all of them. Think that company and the administrator changed their mind and need another chance? I don't fu:mad:ng believe that. They had too many already.
God bless the internet.

So****o

ChoppaHick
13th Jan 2014, 17:41
Hello every one, Just wanted some current info on EliFly. Saw the old posts and was wondering how things are now or any other info out there.

Thanks!

Miklavz
14th Jan 2014, 16:33
Check PM, contact me.
RGDS

Geoffersincornwall
16th Jan 2014, 06:21
Many years ago I was called upon to carry out an audit of Eli Fly on behalf of a major Italian oil company. I was unable to give them a recommend.

Several years later I carried out another audit on behalf of a major Italian pipeline building company. I was unable to recommend them.

I have now ceased working in Italy. I can only comment that several of my colleagues who worked at AW had come across or had worked for Eli Fly and I have yet to come across any that had a good word to say about them.

I have no doubt that all the people involved in managing the company are doing nothing that is unusual in the world of Italian aviation but they are handicapped by the fact that none appear to have ever worked for a first class operator and therefore understand what a 'good' operation should look like. They were always kind and hospitable but were found wanting in almost every department.

G.