PDA

View Full Version : BN-SY flight planned deviations this morning.

Here to Help
10th Mar 2011, 19:37
YBBB NOTAM C247/11

ATS IN YBBB FIR SUBJ TO OPERATIONAL RESTRICTIONS JET ACFT PLANNING TO OPERATE IN CTA CLASS A ON THE FOLLOWING SECTOR: YBBN TO YSSY WITH DEST YSSY SHALL PLAN VIA THE FOLLOWING ROUTE: DCT BN J208 SCOTT BEADS SHARK N774 MARLN SY DCT. 03101900 TO 03102200

This route takes the traffic out East of the coast to merge with the international sequence into SY. Apparently this is due to a staff shortage (ie "OPERATIONAL RESTRICTIONS") on the airspace sector that normally processes these aircraft through to Sydney further inland.

Plazbot
10th Mar 2011, 19:56
Is there a TIBA NOTAM to go with that or is the inland sector still open?

Jack Ranga
10th Mar 2011, 22:07
And the airlines continue to cop this garbage from ASA. Perhaps they have the same industrial agenda so will not kick up a stink?

Here to Help
11th Mar 2011, 19:14
Apparently it's happening again this morning, but this time for 5 and a half hours, with one controller running the northern sequencing into Sydney on their own for that period. I imagine the "short break procedure" will need to be used, when that controller will not be at the console but still responsible for any of the traffic in the airspace during their break. The person answering the radio during the break will either not be a controller, or not be a controller endorsed for the airspace sectors affected. I also imagine that no NOTAM will be put out indicating possible delays (or effectively an airspace closure) as a result.

rotorblades
12th Mar 2011, 09:25
S.N.A.F.U.:sad:

As one pilot remarked when told couldnt get a clearance due "operational requirements" said: "so, does that mean you are short staffed'' and got the response "I can neither confirm nor deny that"

ASA arent just pulling the wool over the airlines&pilots eyes but a whole giant goulburn-esque morino ram's worth.

I hate that NOTAM 'due operational restrictions', its just a smidgin away from a full blown lie. It just reads ASA in full arse covering, she'll be right, mode. Just own up, show you've got some cajones, and then fix the problem.

But then, sh1t doesnt roll up hill so it will probably be the controllers' fault that there arent enough controllers in the company....

Do pilots realise they could be flying through airspace (thats not been notam'd TIBA) and the voice they hear on the other end may not even be a controller (its normally just a manager:ugh:), let alone a controller rated for the sector in question? Scary, and one of the reasons I drove from BNE to MEL and back last week:ok: Maybe ignorance is bliss, it wouldve saved me from 5000kms of driving.....

rant over........................................................ ............till next time........................................................ ............................

Nautilus Blue
12th Mar 2011, 10:09
One of our managers recently stated that delaying and diverting traffic due staff 'non availability' was no different than diverting around weather or holding for sequencing. Its just one of those things, nothing ASA can do about it apparently :ugh: