PDA

View Full Version : AEM & TKM Reporting for 2010

BestAviation
10th Mar 2011, 17:17
I have just been given a quote by one of the approved 'verifiers' to verify our reporting data for the UK ETS AEM & TKM Reports for 2010 (which are due at the end of this month). We only have one jet which (sadly) falls above the 5.7t weight limit and thus require us to submit these reports.

Am I being naive, or does £1,395 sound like a lot of money to have my reports 'verified'...we only flew 153 flights in the whole of 2010!

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Mike Echo
11th Mar 2011, 08:20
I got quotes from about 6 just for the AEM (not TKM) the price you were quoted was on the upper limit of what I got back and double the lowest. But as I said ours was just for the AEM (112 Flights).

It took me a week to sort out filling in the AE Report online form (age/stupidity?), not the total emissions which was relatively(Hmmm) easy but the detailed breakdown by city-pairs (we are not an airline!) airfields visited, emissions into the member states, domestic emissions, emissions within member states, how to treat Switzerland, Gibralter etc etc. All of which seems to be pointless except for statistics and for allocation of free allowances which won't affect most of us. If you've done it you'll know what I mean!!
Just call me Mr Grumpy.

Mike Echo

G-SPOTs Lost
11th Mar 2011, 13:39
What exactly do they do for the money, I'm ready for submission and haven't appointed one yet. Site visit? Check Techlogs? Check Maths?

farmer jo
11th Mar 2011, 14:35
It's cost me £1195 for both AEMP and TKMP, I also did just 100 flights in 2010. There is no site visit, I sent copies of everything they needed. It can't be to difficult to verify my 100 flights, but I do think the whole thing is a total waste of money !! (and time)
ATP

Mike Echo
11th Mar 2011, 15:03
I was talking to a gentleman fron the Department of Transport this week as I am puzzled/baffled why, with the Eurocontrol Support Unit now working, we have to do anything. The Support unit can generate all the data required. I can see no reason it counldn't feed it straight into the AE Report and just leave us the job to check it. No verifier required as the data comes from an official source.
Actually this is all rhetorical as;
a) it's too simple.
b) Doesn't provide income to the Verifiers
c) The EC didn't approve it.

Mike Echo

BestAviation
11th Mar 2011, 21:19
Good to hear I'm not being taken for a total ride then... or shall I say, not the only one taken for a ride. Thanks for the feedback guys, really helpful.

The AEM report seems to be an exercise in "how many ways can you produce the same data".

Does anyone know what this free allocation of emissions "carrot" that was put in front of us really is?

I am starting to worry now that I'm spending more ££ on keeping some government paper-pusher employed than we will ever see saved by not having to pay our carbon-tax for a few years...

His dudeness
12th Mar 2011, 06:29
I can see no reason it counldn't feed it straight into the AE Report and just leave us the job to check it.

There is your answer:

I'm spending more ££ on keeping some government paper-pusher employed

Guys its easy, it is a new industry, aka ripoff.
My flight prep software does the report automatically and will be able to feed into the ETS website directly as of next week. The verifier looked at the aircrafts techlog and eurocontrol bills. (So he checked if I tried to hide a flight or tw, and if the software does its calculation well enough. Which we had to prove to the ETS gangsters before submitting a report anyhow.)
He then recalculated a few flights. Done.

This 1,5hr visit cost us roughly a thousand euros.

OTOH, these thousand euros we could save easily, IF environmental issues would really be at stake and therefore ATC procedures revised. Decending way to early now everywhere in Europe. Look at London: when you arrive you fly low for ages, when you depart you do the same. This cost thousands of euros in fuel every year. Likewise the flow optimised for airlines and big airfields such as Frankfurt here in Germany. Any other destination or departure place in a 100nm circle has its traffic 'oppressed' in order to make way for LH flying their pondering airbusses... I can climb with 4000/min up to at least FL200 even when nearly full, but can´t use this advantage. I could descent easily at 3000 to 4000 a min, but have to descent 250nm out.

Its all about creating another tax and jobs.