PDA

View Full Version : VB Emergency Landing Brisbane

Merlins Magic
10th Mar 2011, 05:17
Any details about the VB Emergency Landing in Brisbane approx 12pm local today.

Heard them holding at GLENN (IAF 01 ILS) and when ready cleared ILS. Interestingly, BN Approach Controller (128.3) cleared him to land - never heard that before.

Crew advised intentions of after landing will stop on runway and shut down.

Putting other pieces together I was thinking possible hydraulic failure and Alt Gear Extension.

Haven't found anything on the news sites about this. I'm sure if it had a red tail it would be headline news all over the country.:ugh:

No Further Requirements
10th Mar 2011, 05:42
ATC will sometimes avoid frequency changes during emergencies to reduce cockpit workload. APP would have coordinated the landing clearance with the TWR.

denabol
10th Mar 2011, 05:43
But it did have a red tail.

maggot
10th Mar 2011, 05:48
ATC will sometimes avoid frequency changes during emergencies to reduce cockpit workload. APP would have coordinated the landing clearance with the TWR.

Nice to know, thanks - now can you please tell the sim checkies this? they always put in a freq change at the 'right' time... basterds :}

Merlins Magic
10th Mar 2011, 05:57
Nice to know, thanks - now can you please tell the sim checkies this? they always put in a freq change at the 'right' time... basterds

I was thinking the extact thing when it happened.

The funny thing about it is he was then directed to transfer to Twr and contact the Fire Chief to let him know his intensions.

TBM-Legend
10th Mar 2011, 08:44
last time I looked at a VB 737 the tails were mostly white!

Nautilus Blue
11th Mar 2011, 05:07
directed to transfer to Twr and contact the Fire Chief to let him know his intensions

Just a guess, but maybe they were given landing clearance by APP so that the crew and then RFF had the TWR freq to themselves.

Skynews
11th Mar 2011, 05:22
Just a guess, but maybe they were given landing clearance by APP so that the crew and then RFF had the TWR freq to themselves.

Don't you mean131.0?

SW3
16th Mar 2011, 05:49
131.0 allows you to speak directly the the Fire Commander sitting in the big yellow/green fire truck. Handy when you can't see what is going on outside the aircraft.

Tower still does their job on their frequency.

Skynews
16th Mar 2011, 07:41
transfer to Twr and contact the Fire Chief to let him know his intensions.Tower still does their job on their frequency

Exactly my point:rolleyes: