PDA

View Full Version : YVR & SFO S/O bases?

islandguy
10th Mar 2011, 02:31
So I heard a rumour from someone who heard a rumour from someone who knows someone.........

Anyways, if you haven't heard a good rumour before noon, why not start one.

Is CX thinking of offering S/O bases in YVR and SFO to new joiners, without the housing allowance???

islandguy
10th Mar 2011, 02:42
Is that a yes, no, or maybe?

If it's surely no, I can delete the post. It's not meant to stir the pot, someone actually mentioned this to me and I was curious if it had any truth to it?

crwjerk
10th Mar 2011, 02:47
It's not called PPTune is it????????

Waterskier
14th Mar 2011, 16:14
I noticed during the 'payrise' that they published SO pay-scales for all of the bases.

BusyB
14th Mar 2011, 19:38
They would have to be offered in seniority so I wouldn't raise your hopes.:)

AnAmusedReader
15th Mar 2011, 06:47
do you know any captain or FO on a YVR or SFO base, or any other base come to that, who gets housing allowance?

ETOPS240
15th Mar 2011, 07:08
Housing allowance is for those on expat terms in Hong Kong.

Once based, you no longer receive housing. To my knowledge, you won't receive the new HKPA either, should you join as a 'local' expatriate.

WhatThe?
15th Mar 2011, 16:53
Any truth to this?

What is the published pay scale for Vancouver?

Cadet scheme is terrible, but SO out of YVR might be pretty good?

crwjerk
16th Mar 2011, 01:47
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Waterskier
16th Mar 2011, 04:05
People don't particularly care for pay scale postings on public message boards... lets just say in the neighborhood of CAD$58k-76k (SO years 1-3).

It was published with the Canadian B Scale payrise. The unified scale doesn't have SO payscales. It may have been an oversight??

lost&found
16th Mar 2011, 04:21
It doesnt take much initiative to research (cx website or PPRUNE) to know that there are no SO outport bases...

"The Company offers permanent Outport bases to Officers holding the rank of First Officer and above, as per the operational requirements of the Company. An Officer is not eligible for expatriate benefits whilst permanently based at an Outport. Officers are considered for permanent basings in seniority order, by rank, subject to eligibility requirements and vacancies being available"

MilPilot
16th Mar 2011, 14:42
People don't particularly care for pay scale postings on public message boards... lets just say in the neighborhood of CAD$58k-76k (SO years 1-3).
If they offered YVR and SFO on base SO positions with that kind of pay I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people would go for it considering the crappy pay US pilots are paid to begin with.
Wouldn't it anyway make a lot of sense for CX to begin offering on base SO positions when they gun up ULH to 2xSOs?

raven11
16th Mar 2011, 15:52
ULH with two S/O's????
It makes financial sence.....so then it must be true.

You could really "gun up" and also have the S/O's help out in the cabin during the cruise. That too makes financial sence.....

Please say it isn't so?

elgringo
16th Mar 2011, 18:26
busyb...

in seniority???? like when direct entry f/o's went to toronto on the 777 while there were a few hundred guys who were "senior"??

how naive to think CX respects or cares about seniority..

BusyB
16th Mar 2011, 20:45
You saying that we shouldn't work on seniority or that you don't want to try:ugh:

boeing_airbus
16th Mar 2011, 23:40
are there basing for F/O in the Philippines?

SloppyJoe
17th Mar 2011, 00:11
No but some pilots commute and lots of cabin crew commute.

boeing_airbus
17th Mar 2011, 00:59
i see. well, im an international applicant for the CPP and currently on stage 2. i'm just curious. is it possible to commute back on forth to HK and PH during duty and off days? Is the airfare shouldered by Cathay? Personally, I don't think that the package for CEP S/O is a good package for someone who has a family.

flynhigh
17th Mar 2011, 01:50
This is the best I could find for around $10,000 a month...:\
1 bedroom -fair deco (http://hongkong.craigslist.hk/apa/2267962381.html) :{:{:{:{:{:{

lost&found
17th Mar 2011, 02:04
Is the airfare shouldered by Cathay?

ROTFL.... that's a good one!:D

elgringo
17th Mar 2011, 06:30
if you have not realized yet... seniority means NOTHING at CX. CX does at wants, when it wants, how it wants.

All you can count on 100% is getting that pay on the 26th...

SO... work at CX take all you can, save all you can because come 65 you will have no pension, no medical..