PDA

View Full Version : 4000 pilots' papers under DGCA scanner

niksmathew24
10th Mar 2011, 02:06
4000 pilots' papers under DGCA scanner - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/4000-pilots-papers-under-DGCA-scanner/articleshow/7667903.cms)

NEW DELHI: Alarmed at the startling discovery of fake commanders, the civil aviation ministry has ordered a thorough verification of all currently valid pilot licences in the country. "About 4,000 co-pilots and commanders are working with airlines here and their papers are being verified. We have accordingly advised the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)," aviation secretary Nasim Zaidi told TOI on Wednesday, while describing the biggest of its kind drive ever launched in India's aviation sector.

DGCA is learnt to have started the process by first looking into the papers of those who the 1,700-odd pilots with desi airlines who have become commanders by claiming to have passed the mandatory airline transport pilot licence (ATPL) exam conducted by it. All the three cases detected so far have been of fake commanders. DGCA chief Bharat Bhushan has referred the two new cases to the crime branch. "The verification is progressing well," said Bhushan.

Despite a crippling manpower shortage, a crack team in DGCA is expected to finish the process at the earliest. In fact, some changes within the organisation have been made by Zaidi and Bhushan. It is reliably learnt that persons with doubtful credentials have been removed from examination branch and their juniors with a clean reputation have been asked to handle this crucial department.

Industry sources say this kind of malpractice is unlikely to have happened without insider support. "Instead of just cancelling the licence obtained on fake papers that the DGCA's authorised to do, top authorities decided to refer the matter to the police so that the suspected insider role can also be probed. This happened despite resistance from certain quarters within the DGCA who possibly fear that a police probe may lead to their doorstep," said sources.

sunny441
10th Mar 2011, 02:08
I feel bad for the guys/girls who worked hard and passed their exams.... probably under the scanner too...

PiTrouble
10th Mar 2011, 03:28
the 3 type of fake licence holders could be:
1. Those with connections in high places, like husband in Senior Police ranks-IPS Officer that too Vigilance, eg. Pramjit Kaur of Indigo Air.(& of course don't forget Rahul Mahajan, s/o Late Pramod Mahajan
2. Those who saw the influential fakes thriving and PAID to join the Gang. (The payments being received by DGCA office staff who had earlier compromised with their conscience in respect of the fakes with influence)
3. Those who found their applications for conversion of foreign licences bottlenecked through demand for frivolous certficates, particularly tailored Log Books-in the name of Indian DGCA requirement, filing of so called Form CA 39 through a Flying club--this Form CA 39 is not an official DGCA form it is an illegal creation of the likes of Mr Sharan:\, the then Director Training and Licencing in the DGCA along with his front line assisstant Mr Bharadwaj. To top it Sharan is today, a Joint Director General in the same office--nail him and his minions.
The 3rd type of fake document submitting Pilots deserve all sympathy while the DGCA officials deserve none because they forced the Pilots to adopt illegal means.
I hope i have been able to make my point

A69
10th Mar 2011, 03:54
So long it remains a government entity such issues will only go under the rug once it cools down. Seriously, It is high time DGCA be made a separate entity. (FAA, CAA)

weido_salt
10th Mar 2011, 04:02
Wouldn't commonsense dictate all examination results be checked before licence issue.

Maybe I have it all wrong and feel free to flame me if so.

PiTrouble
10th Mar 2011, 04:07
In USA if an Aircraft crashes the the National Transportation Safety Board steps in to investigate. Now all stake holders in safe flying, including the FAA are answerable.
In India DGCA commits the misatkes of Ommision and commision, safe in the knowledge that anything goes wrong their colleagues or they themselves will investigate. Invariably the shortcomings in DGCA or cases of corruption in the organisation never get exposed.
Expose the regulator, or shall we say regulate the regulator for clean, efficient and safe flying.
The Government should notfy a super regulatory body for the DGCA, this body should have no regular interaction with the DGCA, no vested interests should be allowed to develop.
For starters please investigate how a drug addict like Rahul Mahajan got and later retained his Pilot's license. Who issued him periodic Medical fitness Certificates, why no one reported his addiction (or were reports received only to be brushed under the carpet.

PiTrouble
10th Mar 2011, 04:10
This thread needs to discussed thread bare.

fatbus
10th Mar 2011, 06:29
I can see ICAO getting involved in this sooner than later.Can the Indian DGCA be trusted to conduct the scan ? NOT
Wait to see the back stabbing, it should be fun to watch.

vserian
10th Mar 2011, 07:48
If you haven't done anything wrong then there is no need to worry about anything. A good move by the DGCA.

viking320
11th Mar 2011, 02:22
lets see like me you all love the aviation right.The problem did not start just with this Lady Capt who has been caught.we have to go back many many years say towards 2004 or so .The start of low cost.In the old days you have thousands of hours as a co pilot before you even get to go for an Interview.Having gone through many many monsoons and In short having experienced and learned what is the responsibility been a Capt .These things you learn with all those flying hours on the right seat.
Now the Dawn of new aviation In India . Companies started with Power,money,corrupted officials in the DGCA as well as in the ministry all has a part to play in the situation facing by many consumers in the Indian Aviation. The system has cancer How do you treat cancer either you have to cut it out or burn it .
Now we have two straight forward honest guys in the Top Job .I mean Dr Zaidi, and Bhushan. These guys have shown some balls to clean up the system. The question is Can they finish the job and clean out the DGCA??
With what I have seen many before them have tried but only to loose the batttle and to bbe shifted to other Govt departments.

why dont you all ask One ???? WHERE IS MR PRABHU PATEL
Why did he quit the job .He is smart he knows whats is coming so he jumped.
Now to stir the ship you have someone from kerala named Ravi and mind you Mr Bharat Bhusan is also from Kerala.Now this is going to be a tug of war between two lobbys North Lobby and south lobby. A lot of things will be exchanged .Pilots like Parminder ,Meenakshi and may be few more will be made examples . Do you really think that corruption will stop ???
If you want to stop corruption . YOU THE PEOPLE IN ONE VOICE HAS TO THINK AND ACT . LIKE HOW WE GOT RID OF THE CORRUPTED REGIMES FROM THE BRITISH TIMES bUT WE HAD GANDHIJI TO UNITE ALL OF US .
Do we have some one like that now ......................
Do the next generation can be honest in doing great things ...........

If you think we can make a difference Lets start Today a new world in aviation in India whereThe following rules apply.

1 You get the job based on Merit regardless of where you come from,whats your fathers contact,what colour of your skin,what religion you are.
2 If you are not up to the standard get more experience and get to left seat.
3 Equal opportunity to everyone. If you cant fly sorry you have to go back and learn.
4 Give the jobs to people who have the right qualification and experience.
5 No more back door entries.

Good Luck to Indian Aviation

rdr
11th Mar 2011, 02:46
the first pieces of sh.t to be investgated should be Sharan & Bharadwaj. next Praful Patel

but then, the usual UPA trick is to have a CBI enquiry, and hold it there by not allowing it to proceed to the Supreme Court. this is how every corrupted ar.se fools the Indian public and gets away.
it pretends to clean up, but promotes them instead. nothing is going to happen to Kalmadi, Raja, or anyone in the government of Mr. Clean Manmohan

viking320
11th Mar 2011, 03:00
None of these Boys have any Balls .they just keep complaining and complaining .Just sit on the ass. It makes me so angry when I see guys sitting who are safe with the level of experience they have at home from 2006.Then I see guys who just completed in late 2010 who cant even do the MCDU properly get in the right seat becuse of his fathers connection................... Whats is going on.............then...
Its all CORRUPTION and money talking...

UpFirst
11th Mar 2011, 03:15
First the DGCA guys-Sharan & Bharadwaj- harassed us in every which way to issue the licence. Now the same guys will find faults with their own work and hold some of us to ransom for their own shoddy work.

IAC_Pilot
11th Mar 2011, 04:13
I can see ICAO getting involved in this sooner than later.Can the Indian DGCA be trusted to conduct the scan ? NOT
Wait to see the back stabbing, it should be fun to watch.

I cannot seem to understand the basis of this faith in ICAO and optimism about thier positive involvement.

International Monetary Fund has been there for years, has the number of poor around the world not increased.

International Labor Organisation has been there for almost a century, has labor rights violations subsided anywhere except the first world.

For your information ICAO is already auditing DGCA... but over past few years DGCA officers have become experts in dodging these international auditors.

Only people who are responsible for DGCA are people of India they only can effectively audit this monster.