PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Sten

broadband circuit
10th Mar 2011, 00:07
For those of you that have had the gut-wrenching pleasure of reading the "GMA Message regarding Hong Kong Pilot Allowance (HKPA)", note the last line:
If you have any questions regarding the new package, please don’t hesitate to email them to [I've hidden the email address]

Well, Sten, I have a few questions for you.

1. Having a bit of trouble meeting our recruitment targets are we?

2. Do you have any idea what $10,000 will get you on the rental market?

3. Do any potential new joining local conditions cadets (aka C-scalers) have any idea what $10,000 will get them on the rental market?

4. For those that join with this "generous" scheme, what inflation protection (for example, the government housing index) is built in to the scheme?

5. How many people will take up your kind offer of:
Any Hong Kong-based Officer entitled to expatriate benefits may elect to exchange their current or future expatriate terms for the HKPA. This election may be made at any time but will be a one-way election. Further details on how to make this election will follow in due course.

6. In consideration of question 1 (above), how do you plan to crew the new aircraft, which when balanced with projected retirements, amounts to a net increase of just over 50 aircraft in 9 years? (Note: that's about a 50% increase in fleet size, not a small target)

7. In regard to the "Forgivable Loan", isn't that just bonding by another name?

8. During the "Forgivable Loan" amortization period (6 years), what is the position of a pilot who loses his medical within that period? What is the position of the family of a pilot who (heaven forbid) was to die during that period?

9. The document states:
This forgivable loan will be deemed to have been repaid through 6 years of continuous service with Cathay Pacific.
What does "continuous service with Cathay Pacific" actually mean? Does that mean they are ineligible for a base, especially one that is on-shored because you need to resign from Cathay Pacific to join a base company? What if they lose their medical temporarily for more than 6 months? What if they were to take unpaid leave for a period? How does SLS effect the agreement?

10. Why did it need to come to this for you to extend the education assistance to all members, not just FO & above?

11. Were any of these questions addressed or considered, or is this another example of a knee-jerk give 'em a few scraps but dress it up nicely to make them happy "benefit"?

I await your answers.

[eduttid fer spellun]

Hydrolix
10th Mar 2011, 01:08
Broadband Circuit,

If you really want to know the answers to these questions I suggest you grow a pair and actually ask the man in question yourself. It is very easy to post your tongue-in-cheek questions here but I doubt whether you will get an accurate answer.

If you decide to grow a pair, please let us know the responses to your questions, I'm sure all of us here on PPRune are dying to find out...:yuk:

crwjerk
10th Mar 2011, 02:52
CX number one.............. No, because it's not for the Public's eyes. Anybody posting it would be executed summarily, as CX management know exactly who everybody is here. :rolleyes:

Neptunus Rex
10th Mar 2011, 04:33
Anybody posting it would be executed summarily, as CX management know exactly who everybody is here. :rolleyes:Does that include Cap'n Toss?

jed_thrust
10th Mar 2011, 05:26
No, CX No 1!

If it will help you to know the contents, then ring recruiting and I'm sure they will tell you what's applicable to you. :mad: