PDA

View Full Version : Fast Jet Pilot(s) Retired

Romulus
9th Mar 2011, 23:58
All,

Thought I had previously posted something here but can't seem to find it.

Anyway, I'm looking to get some non current information abour fast jet operations, preferably with the RAAF. Looking to make contact with one or more "retired" (i.e. I want to be extremely careful so that there's no hint of even remotely compromising anyone) Fast Jet types to get a discussion going on some stuff I'm interested in.

Please drop me a PM if you're itnerested and I'll go into some more detail rather than boring everyone here.

thanks

R

pr00ne
10th Mar 2011, 00:55
Romulus,

What??!!

Romulus
10th Mar 2011, 02:21
Just want to find a couple of ex fighter pilots to discuss stuff my old man would have gone through as part of building Mum's next milestone birthday present and get a "then and now" type scenario.

I know a few older blokes, I've got plenty of stuff in WW2 times, what I'm missing is someone who is relatively but not totally current i.e. questions to the level of "how do you think today differs to yesteryear, what changes did you see over your career, how do modern facilities compare to the old nissen huts and grass runways right down to what's the food like now and then, how do you feel people respect you now and then etc.

As I said, nothing even remotely confidential being sought, I'm essentially looking at the picture of base life and how it works in modern times (no, I don't want a copy of your retinal scan to get trhough security).