PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 in a second JAR country ?

Sterdex
9th Mar 2011, 19:42
Hello everybody,

First, I apologize for my bad english (I'm French ;)).

If I fail* class 1 examination in one JAR country, is it possible to pass class 1 in another JAR country ? Are medical centers communicate with each others ?

Thank you in advance !

(* or "if I failed", or "if I would fail" ?? thanks for the english course ;))

wite_k
9th Mar 2011, 20:33
Hi!
If you fail a medical examination in one country for example in France you can do in another JAR countries like UK but you have to write on an application form that your previous class 1 medical certificate was denied and you have to write why and where. If you pass the examination in another country it won't be a problem even if you do your flight training in the country where was previously denied. BUT remember, you have to write on an application form that it was denied.

Good luck dude,
wite_k

Sterdex
9th Mar 2011, 20:35
Hi!

Thank you very mutch :ok:

And another question : do you know if I fail class 1 (in UK for example) I can loose the french class 2 ?

wite_k
9th Mar 2011, 20:44
Class 1 medical examination exams in CAA at Gatwick in UK contains class 1 and class 2 exams so if you fail class examination due to requiremental contraindications AME can consider giving class 2.
In other words, in UK if you are doing initial Class 1 medical examination exam you are doing both class 1 and class 2 at the same time.
Is that clear for you?

I wish, it helps,
wite_k

Sterdex
9th Mar 2011, 20:53
It's clear, but my question is : if I have already a class 2 in France, is a fail in the UK class 1 (and 2) can cancel the french class 2 ?

wite_k
9th Mar 2011, 21:04
I don't know for sure, but I think it won't cancel. The best way to find out is to call CAA at gatwick on +44 1293 573700 press 1 and than 4 . and you can ask an aeromedical advisor about your case.

Sterdex
9th Mar 2011, 21:07
Ok, thanks ! and it will be a good exercise to improve my english too :)

wite_k
9th Mar 2011, 21:10
My isn't perfect too;).

Good luck!

wite_k

Sterdex
9th Mar 2011, 21:14
And I can't speak polish and, probably, you can't speak french !

Good luck to you too !

wite_k
9th Mar 2011, 21:19
Yeah, you're right! I can't.

Thank you, actually i have my class 1 medical, i had my medical examination this Monday at Gatwick so I know a little bit about that;)

Sterdex
9th Mar 2011, 21:34
Congratulations !!

Could you tell me what sort of eye test did you pass, please ?

wite_k
10th Mar 2011, 17:12
Oh I don't know all those tests, but it took very much time, about 30min, it was the longest examination i guess.