PDA

View Full Version : site access

green granite
9th Mar 2011, 15:46
Anyone else having trouble accessing hot-mail from firefox or SWRiron? Since SP1 for W7 I can only get in using IExplorer, cant get into mozila forums either.

I just get: An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.578802cc.1299688859.a634b62

mixture
9th Mar 2011, 16:15
Hotmail is a service run by Microsoft.
IE is a web browser developed by Microsoft.
Site developers paid and kitted out by Microsoft.

I rest my case. You should consider it a miracle it ever worked on anything else.

Booglebox
9th Mar 2011, 23:12
:D Wise words! :cool:

Migrate to Gmail. It is easy.

hellsbrink
10th Mar 2011, 04:11
Neither myself or the PYT have had any issues with Hotmail using Iron under Win7 Home Premium SP1 and Win7 Ultimate SP1 on 3 machines here.

Can't find anything that says what the error code actually means, but you can always try to update Iron (latest version is 9.0.600.2) and see if that helps.

Avtrician
10th Mar 2011, 05:08
Just tried it and it works fine for me GG.

Using Firefox and W7SP1

green granite
10th Mar 2011, 07:18
Twas very strange, the bookmarks/favourites in IE were imported from FF as were the ones in iron, in the end I logged in using IE, copied the URL and pasted it into FF and lo and behold I'm logged into hot mail, same with iron. Whilst I accept that a book mark can become corrupt the fact they were the same in FF and Iron rather rules that out so I have to assume that the URL was changed and that IE was automatically updated. (but I'm not convinced)

Migrate to Gmail. It is easy.

I do have a G Mail account mainly because one site I wanted to register at insisted it would only accept G Mail addresses, I don't trust Google not to use things for their own ends.